+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ***THE MOCK***

***THE MOCK***

The entire first round mock! with explanations!

******WARNING THERE WILL BE LINEMAN*********

With the 1st pick in the 2012 NFL draft the Indianapolis Colts Select....

***ANDREW LUCK QB STANFORD***

The Colts select the new face of their franchise as they begin to rebuild their team, Luckily for them this happens to be the year the best QB prospect since the guy they just lost was coming out this year. Luck has all the tools to be as good a QB as Manning with the height, accuracy, and intelligence but Luck possesses more athletic ability then Manning and that's something that is more needed from QBs in this era.

With the 2nd pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the Washington Redskins Select...

***ROBERT GRIFFIN III QB BAYLOR***

The Redskins were in major need of a QB and the made their intentions known by trading to the #2 spot in the draft. Shanahans system requires a mobile QB who can get the ball down field and that fits the strenghts of RG3. The Redskins even mad an effort to get some weapons for him in the FA hoping to unleash him early on.

With the 3rd pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the Minnesota Vikings Select...

***MATT KALIL OT USC***

This move helps the Vikings in two ways. First they needed to upgrade their run blocking if Adrian Peterson is gonna carry the ball most of the game, which he will, and they also need to protect their new franchise QB in Christian Ponder and with Kalil they are getting A superb pass blocker and an athletic run blocker as well.

With the 4th pick in the 2012 NFL draft the Cleveland Browns Select...

***TRENT RICHARDSON RB ALABAMA***

The browns shouldn't give up on Colt McCoy just yet but they need too upgrade the team around him because it would be hard for ANY Quarterback to succeed with the talent or lack there of in Cleveland. Now the Browns have shown that they have a line that is pretty damn good at moving forward and can be a good running team with a competent Back but with Richardson their getting a Game changing back who can take pressure off of McCoy and allow the browns to control game tempos.

With the 5th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Select...

***MORRIS CLAIBOURNE CB LSU***

The Buccaneers did a great job getting needs in FA letting them really shop for talent but this pick here fills both need and talent. The Bucs secondary is in flux with the releasing of Tanard Jackson and the shopping of Aquib Talib and with Ronde Barber not getting any younger the Bucs need someone who can come in and earn the starting spot and Claibourne might be one of the best in the game early on.

with the 6th pick in the 2012 NFL draft the St. Louis Rams select...

***JUSTIN BLACKMON WR OKLAHOMA STATE***

The Rams have done a very poor job in gettig weapons for QB Sam Bradford but make up for it by selecting Blackmon. It seemed like the Rams were doing everything to ensure Bradford's failure this year first changing the offensive systems, neglecting to find him weapons, and then not protecting him. But under new coach Fisher, they hope to get Bradford on track with Blackmon who gets compared to big time receivers Terrel Owens and Michael Irving.

With the 7th Pick in the 2012 NFL draft the Jacksonville Jaguars select...

***MICHAEL FLOYD WR NOTRE DAME***

The Jaguars have been a very easy team to defend as of late do to being very one dimensional with their offensive attack but this time they decide to beef up their passing attack for QB Gabbert by adding Floyd. Floyd will be joining Laurent Robinson, and Lee Evans. Also Floyd is a very good blocking receiver who can help in the run game.

With the 8th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the Miami Dolphins Select...

***RYAN TANNEHILL QB TEXAS A&M***

The Dolphins missed out on Brees, Manning, Smith, and Flynn. They can't get a QB to WANT to play in Miami so, finally saying enough is enough, they grab Ryan Tannehill hoping he can be the best Dolphins QB since Marino. If only they still had a receiver...

With the 9th pick in the 2012 NFL draft the Carolina Panthers Select...

***QUINTON COPLES DE/DT UNC***

The Panthers need help on the inside of their D-line but Coples is great because he is effective at Defensive End and inside at Defensive Tackle, some might even argue that he's a better Tackle than end. This allows Coples to get favorable matchups and be able to line-up in various places. Also given Coach Rivera's experience coaching a similar player in Julius Peppers this is a perfect fit.

With the 10th pick in the 2012 NFL draft the Buffalo Bills select...

*** RILEY REIFF OT IOWA***

Chan Gailey is an offensive minded guy so he knows how poor his tackle play was last year and knows that his division is gonna be pumping up with pass rushers so he takes Reiff who is a great pass blocker to help protect Fitzpatrick.

With the 11th pick in the 2012 NFL draft the Kansas City Chiefs select...

***DAVID DECASTRO OG STANFORD***

The Chiefs continue to add to their line after picking up right tackle Eric Winston. The Chiefs would have liked to grab QB Tannehill if he fell to them but after he was snatched by the Dolphins they pick Decastro to sure up that O-line and also make their rushing attack with Jamaal Charles even more feared which should help QB Cassel.

With the 12th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft The Seattle Seahawks select...

***MELVIN INGRAM DE SOUTH CAROLINA***

The Seahawks need a guy opposite Clemons who can attack the edge with speed and power. With this move the Seahawks can move Red Bryant over to DT where he is better suited to play allowing them to have their best lineup defensively on the field.

With the 13th pick in the 2012 NFL draft the Arizona Cardinals select...

***JOHNATHAN MARTIN OT STANFORD***

The Cardinals O-line is just bad. They could use upgrades at just about every sport but the most important is left tackle and the Cardinals could sure use one of those. Martin was protecting Andrew Luck his whole college career so he knows how to protect a franchise QB.

With the 14th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the Dallas Cowboys select...

***MICHAEL BROCKERS DE LSU***

The Cowboys need to strengthen their Defensive front and they do so with Brockers who give them another inside presence with Ray Ratliff who can stand against the run and is athletic enough to help as a pass rusher.

With the 15th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the Philadelphia Eagles select...

***FLETCHER COX DT MISSISSIPPI***

The Eagles need a penetrating presence in the interior to effectively run their wide nine defensive line and Cox's athletic ability helps him greatly as a pass rusher.

With the 16th pick the in the 2012 NFL Draft New York Jets select...

***COURTNEY UPSHAW OLB ALABAMA***

The jets need to add a new pass rusher to their defense to get to Tom Brady and other QBs in the league without them sending the house and impairing their pass coverage. Upshaw might not be the fastest but he has power and an array of moves to get to the QB and is also very effective against the run.

With the 17th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the Cincinnati Bengals select...

***MARK BARRON S ALABAMA***

The Bengals are struggling at the back end of their pass defense and poor safety play is one of the reasons. They traded for Taylor Mays but he didn't turn out the way they'd hoped so they sign the big, physical, Mark Barron who is valuable in both the pass and run.

With the 18th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the San Diego Chargers select...

***NICK PERRY OLB USC***

The Chargers select the home grown Perry to provide pressure opposite of Philips. Perry is a unique pass rusher with strength and speed who is effective against the run and can learn to drop in coverage.

With the 19th pick in the 2012 NFL draft the Chicago Bears select...

***ANDRE BRANCH DE CLEMSON***

The Bears add another talented defensive end to line up across Julius Peppers and provide pressure. they need someone to replace the "invisible" Isreal Idonise at defensive end and Branch has the size and speed to be effective.

With the 20th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the Tennessee Titans select...

***DRE KIRKPATRICK CB ALABAMA***

The Titans just lost their best corner in Cortland Finnegan and need to replace him. Kirkpatrick is a big corner that can play physical bump n' run man coverage that Finnegan specialized in. Kirkpatrick is also good in run support.

With the 21st pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the Bengals select...

***KENDALL WRIGHT WR BAYLOR***

The Bengals need to add more weapons for Andy Dalton after Jerome Simpson's run in with the law and Kendall Wright is that speedster receiver who can take the top off of a defense and be a big play threat for the Bengals.

With the 22nd pick in the NFL Draft the Cleveland Browns Select...

***STEPHEN HILL WR GEORGIA TECH***

The Browns need a big time receiver for Colt McCoy to throw to and Hill has the size, speed, and body control to be a great receiver. Also with Hill's blocking ability it helps the last pick Richardson break long runs to the outside.

With the 23rd pick in the NFL Draft the Detroit Lions select...

***STEPHON GILMORE CB SOUTH CAROLINA***

The Lions can't keep neglecting their secondary and expect to be a great team so they grab Gilmore who is a big physical corner with good speed and superb coverage ability. He can muscle the smaller receivers and keep up with the big athletic ones as well as help in run support.

With the 24th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the Pittsburgh Steelers select...

***DONT'A HIGHTOWER ILB ALABAMA***

Hightower is exactly what the Steelers look for in a linebacker. He's Big, smart, and physical at the point of attack. He's experience in the 3-4 and can replace James Farrior in the defense.

With the 25th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the Denver Broncos select...

***DONTARI POE DT MEMPHIS***

The Broncos need a physical run stopper in the middle to replace Brodrick Bunkley who was their best run stuffer and the best in the NFL. Poe is a strong and physically gifted DT that can keep line backers clean and allow them to flow.

With the 26th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the Houston Texans select...

***ALAMEDA TA' AMU NT WASHINGTON***

The Texans did an outstanding job converting to a 3-4 but they are missing one key factor and thats a nose tack and Ta' Amu is the best pure nose tackle in the draft. he is strong at the point of attack but is also very athletic.

With the 27th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the New England Patriots select...

***WHITNEY MERCILUS OLB ILLINOIS***

The Patriots struggled to get any pass rush last season ranking near the bottom of the league in sacks so they draft the guy with the most sacks in college last season in Mercilus. Mercilus is long, athletic, and intelligent and are all the thing the Patriots look for.

With the 28th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the Green Bay Packers select...

***SHEA MCCLELLIN OLB BOISE***

The Packers defense was good getting turnovers but not stopping offenses so they add a little help with DE convert to OLB Shea McClellin. McClellin is a quick and physical DE that is athletic in coverage and a very good pass rusher. He can be that guy opposite Clay Matthews who wreaks havoc on offenses.

With the 29th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the Baltimore Ravens select...

***PETER KONZ C WISCONSIN***

The Raven have to have a back up plan for long time center Matt Birk and get it with Peter Konz. Konz is an intelligent and athletic center who can start at guard to replace Ben Grubbs and eventually move over to center.

With the 30th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the San Francisco 49ers select...

***KEVIN ZEITLER OG WISCONSIN***

From one Badger to another the 49er select Zeitler to fill their need at Right Guard after losing Chilo Rachal and having the under preforming Adam Snyder. Zeitler will step in and start from day one helping beef up the 49ers run game.

With the 31st pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the New England Patriots select...

***HARRISON SMITH S NOTRE DAME***

The Patriots need help in the defensive backfield so they select Safety Harrison Smith. Smith is a player that seem tailor made for Bill Belichick's defense. He's big athletic and very intelligent. he can step in and start next to Patrick Chung day one.

And with the 32nd pick in the 2012 NFL Draft The Super Bowl Champion NEW YORK GIANTS SELECT...

***LUKE KUECHLY LB BOSTON COLLEGE***

Wait a minute *looks over board, reads paper work* that can't be *double checks* but how? I don't know how it happened but I like my picks and Kuechly is just sitting there I...I don't know but the best 4-3 middle linebacker is staring JR in the face. Kuechly would be an immediat starter in the middle capable of being a 3 down player along with being a BC guy. JR, Coughlin, and I can't believe it.

Re: ***THE MOCK***

Just a comment not really about your draft but I notice Konz is always a first rounder. He is a great player but he has serious injury concerns my gut feeling is he falls

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Just a comment not really about your draft but I notice Konz is always a first rounder. He is a great player but he has serious injury concerns my gut feeling is he falls[/quote] The injury concerns are about his ankle but I've read that they are more nagging than anything and he's played through them many times to the point where "I barely feel it" and the other thing is his blood clots that he gets but he takes suppliments to stop those and they've been working the last 2 or 3 years.

Bench Player

Nice work. You have some guys going who I think may be in the second, but who really knows...all your picks seem to make sense.

The selection of guys available to the Giants if it plays out like this would be awesome...and I'd be pretty psyched with Jones

Thanks! This draft took a while to put together.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Just a comment not really about your draft but I notice Konz is always a first rounder. He is a great player but he has serious injury concerns my gut feeling is he falls[/quote]OH BTW do you have anymore tape on Jones? I used to hate him but as I watched more tape I saw more and more Pierre Paul in him and I like it.

Veteran

No disrespect.

but looking at your mock and i can care less about any of the other picks as they make sense and are not terrible reaches.

but
    1. Fleener is available
    2. Randle is available
    3. D.Martin / L.miller are available

and you come up with chandler jones? the 7th best DE in the class.....

can you explain to me your reasoning for picking Jones with the first pick. and i can guarantee you it probably starts or ends with we don't know the status of Osi.

DE is a position that we can upgrade but it will be at a luxury want not need and definitely not BPA.

i know alot of people are worried about osi leaving or canty's contract which is why they feel that drafting a DE/DT in the first circumvents that but that's a bad draft strategy, drafting to cure financial binds or contractual reasoning is bad drafting imho.
    RD1. DT Aaron Donald PITT / ARD1. CB Justin Gilbert OKST
    RD2. TE Jace Amaro Texas Tech
    RD3. CB Stanley jean Baptiste Nebraska / ADR3. DT Dominique Easley Florida
    RD4. WR Cody Latimer Indiana
    RD.5 DE Ed Stinson Alabama
    RD5B. C/OG Tyler Larsen Utah
    RD6. OLB Kevin Pierre-Louis Boston College

good mock, u really went in depth with it and gave good reasons.

Easy

We don't value TE's and RBs very much. Fleener is a receiver not a blocker and we like a guy to both. if we draft a one dimensional TE it's in the middle to late rounds or undrafted like we have with so many other of our TEs. Also the Giants have Running backs on the team they like like Scott and Ware and if we do draft a guy it'll be mid to late rounds as well.

Also just because Jones is "7th best in his class" doesn't mean he isn't first round talent. look at Bobbie Massie, he's the 6th best O- Tackle in his class, some say Jerel Worthy is the 6th best in his class, and they've all been mocked in the first round multiple times.

also Rueben Randle is the 5th and in my eyes the 6th best WR in his class

Blackmon
    Floyd
    Wright
    Hill
    Jeffery
    Randle

We lost Tollefson, Osi will probably get traded, We'll most likely move Kiwi back to DE but that leaves us with only 3 and we like have a 4 man rotation, also add the fact that Tuck always gets hurt and you'll see the need.

Where is Kuechly? I'm on an iPad so I might have missed him...

If he is available the giants pick him.