+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What if (Crazy unrealistic scenario inside)

What if the Giants traded up with the Cleveland Browns for the 4th selection and took Trent Richardson?

What do you think Reese would have to give up? 2 1st rounders? This year's 2nd? Maybe a player or two?

What kind of impact do you think Trent would have on this offense? Would he take the Giants to the next level?

Yeah I know it isn't going to happen and you never really trade up for a RB but you have to admit that would be a sick offense. Just curious how people would react if that happened.

All-Pro

Re: What if (Crazy unrealistic scenario inside)

I would be pissed.

Veteran

What exactly is this the next level? They just won a Super Bowl. Are they gonna take and capture the White House or something?

[quote user="Itlan"]What exactly is this the next level? They just won a Super Bowl. Are they gonna take and capture the White House or something?[/quote]Saints level of offense? Trent is a huge upgrade to replace Jacobs at this point in his career. With two Pro Bowl worthy receivers in Nicks and Cruz, I don't see teams being able to stack the box against Trent. Of course, I'm more curious what the price would be to acquire the pick. That would be the main factor in deciding if such a trade is bad or good.

Veteran

If having the Saints offense means having the Saints defense, no thanks.

[quote user="Itlan"]If having the Saints offense means having the Saints defense, no thanks.[/quote]Teams can have good offenses and defenses you know. Our running game improving would most likely improve the defensive statistics due to better TOP but I don't think grabbing a good offensive player suddenly makes us worse or better in a drastic sense.

I simply used the Saints since they were the only team (to my knowledge without looking it up) that were top 5 in passing and running.

Maybe if this was 2004 and Eli was still a newbie it would be cool...

I'm fine with Bradshaw splitting the carries with Ware/Scott/Possible late draft pick and Eli will handle the rest.
    Odell Beckham Junior: The future of the Giants

Much rather stay put for Doug Martin.....or even trade back & grab David wilson/lamar miller...

Veteran

Dear sweet evil Tebus NO!!!

1) You don't take a RB that high.

2) You don't mortgage your future for a RB.

I don't care how good Richardson is. I wouldn't care if he was a "Twins" style ******* child of Emmit Smith, Barry Sanders, Walter Payton, Gayle Sayers, Jim Brown, and Adrian Peterson. No RB is worth two 1's and two 2's, a 4th and a 5th.

Yeah, that's how much it would cost to move up to 4, MINIMUM.

[quote user="myles2424"]Much rather stay put for Doug Martin.....or even trade back & grab David wilson/lamar miller...[/quote]I was watching 2010 games of Cyrus Gray yesterday and was very impressed. I forgot how much better he looked last season. He hit the hole harder,kept the pad level lower,was much more shifty in the open field,Im convinced had he not been battling injuries he would be a 2nd round pick. I think he is perfect for the Giants. He can run inside,outside and can block in the pasing game