+ Reply to Thread

Thread: quick 1st round mock- 4-21-12

quick 1st round mock- 4-21-12

colts- QB, andrew luck, stanford. pretty obvious

redskins-QB, robert griffin III, baylor. again obvious

vikings-OL, matt kalil, usc. again obvious

browns-RB, trent richardson, alabama. with 2 1st rounders they go RB because of deep WR class

bucs-CB, morris clailborne, lsu. best DB in draft. ronde barber is gone soon.

rams-WR, justin blackmon, osu. best WR, bradford finally gets a weapon.

jags-DE, melvin ingram, south carolina. need help on d line.

dolphins-QB, ryan tannehill, tx a&m. couldnt get manning, could trade up for rg3, need QB.

panthers-DL, michael brockers, lsu. still need help replacing peppers presence on that line. brockers can do that imo.

bills-OL, riley reiff, iowa. best OL other then kalil. dumb not to take him.

cheifs-DL, quinton copels, nc. cheifs with a weak d need help.

seahawks-LB, luke kuechly, boston college. need help at LB. good pick if they get him.

cardinals-DL, dontari poe, memphis. need help at many positions but poe is great talent and would be good pick.

cowboys-S, mark barron, alabama. weak secondary, needs a lot of help.

eagles-LB, courtney upshaw, alabama. bad LB group that needs help.

jets-WR, michael floyd, notre dame. idk why but i see floyd falling a bit. jets have holmes and no1 else.

bengals-CB, janoris jenkins, north alabama. havent replaced joseph in secondary yet.

chargers-DL, fletcher cox, mississippi state. bolster their d line.

bears-OL, david decastro, stanford. cutler needs all the protection he can get. bad o lin in chicago.

titans-CB, dre kirkpatrick, alabama. need to replace finnagin.

bengals-OL, cordy glenn, georgia. could be good and dalton could use a better line.

browns-WR, kendall wright, baylor. guy could be very good and browns need a WR and every other position for that matter lol.

lions-OL, jonathan martin, stanford. another good OL from stanford and detroit could use him.

steelers-DL, andre branch, clemson. very quick DL and could bring some youth to an aging steeler defense.

broncos-DL, jerel worthy, michigan state. broncos need help at DL to go with miller. good pick here.

texans-WR, stephen hill, georgia tech. a hill and johnson WR combo could be scary for defenses.

patriots-LB, dont'a hightower, alabama. very quick for a man his size and pats need LB help.

packers-LB, shea mcclelin, boise state. this is a boom or bust pick for them but with the 31st ranked defense they take a chance. opposite side of matthews is good.

ravens-C, peter konz, wisconsin. need to replace birk.

49ers-DL, whitney mercilus, illinois. could add to that already scary defense.

patriots-S, harrison smith, notre dame. last ranked pass d, could help their secondary a lot.

giants-TE, coby fleener, stanford. best TE in draft and with injuries to ballard and beckum they dont have much going into the season. could be great recieving threat giants havent had since shockey.

Re: quick 1st round mock- 4-21-12

Everyone talks about BPA, but let's face it. . .BPA at certain key positions. I don't think TE is one of those.

CB, DL, OT, RB. . .Maybe Safety.

Realistically, highest upside available at any of those positions.

Thanks for the mock BTW. . .you've done more research than me.

Oh, and I like your sig. . .you can throw Peyton Manning in there as well.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

[quote user="RagTime Blue"]Everyone talks about BPA, but let's face it. . .BPA at certain key positions.* I don't think TE is one of those.[/quote]

Sure it is. Picking at 32 you have to look at it as a 2nd round pick.

Only positions not worth it are K, P, and FB. Everything else is on the table.

And as per the original post. While the Chiefs might take Coples because hes the best player on their board, its not because they have a weak D. They had the 11th ranked defense by yards, 12th by scoring. They held the packers to 14 points... They didnt win many games because of QB play, and they had a doof as a HC for most of the season.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="RagTime Blue"]Everyone talks about BPA, but let's face it. . .BPA at certain key positions.* I don't think TE is one of those.[/quote]

Sure it is. Picking at 32 you have to look at it as a 2nd round pick.

Only positions not worth it are K, P, and FB. Everything else is on the table.

And as per the original post. While the Chiefs might take Coples because hes the best player on their board, its not because they have a weak D. They had the 11th ranked defense by yards, 12th by scoring. They held the packers to 14 points... They didnt win many games because of QB play, and they had a doof as a HC for most of the season.[/quote]

thats true. guess i can see cheifs taking kuechly and seattle takes coples.

[quote user="nygfan0816"]
    thats true. guess i can see cheifs taking kuechly and seattle takes coples.[/quote]

Im not so sure Kuechly makes that much sense for the Chiefs either. They have one of the best ILBs in the league in Johnson, and they generally only keep him on the field and use 3 safetys instead of other LBs.

+ Reply to Thread