+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scout says Fleener “might be the most overrated guy in the draft”

Veteran

Re: Scout says Fleener “might be the most overrated guy in the draft”

[quote user="juice33s"]I really question the validity of the report with the scout calling Fleener an "awful" blocker. IMO Fleener is an above average to good blocker. I challenge anyone to show me video that collaborates with this scouts assessment of him being an"awful" blocker.
    [/quote]

Ask Nevada to. He can probably put one together for you.

Veteran

Don't let rainer jef see this , he'll flip lol

Might be the dumbest thing Ive read about fleener and ive read some very dumb things

so hes an "awful blocker" who just "builds speed" downfield and is limited as a "red zone" guy that will catch touchdowns for you

BS. More like he is a solid blocker that has technique flaws but has room to get stronger and absolutely has the work ethic/intelligence to improve. Nobody is a finished product coming out of the draft

Fleener absolutely can be a great vertical TE. Watch jimmy graham highlights, all of his plays up the seam were made by his combination of speed (which fleener plays slightly faster) and using his long arms and size to catch passes over linebackers heads that couldn't locate the ball. Fleener has the rare size, speed, and length combo to do this same exact thing

Maybe Fleener isn't a "dynamic, quick-twitch" guy but he absolutely has very good quickness for his size. For petes sake, the man is 6'6. Fleener wins on routes on so many ways (tempo changes, head fakes, deception, ball skills, length and speed) so it looks like one play he rounds off his route or on another play he shows little quickness/speed but you have to look at the big picture. He's a complete receiving prospect who wins and beats man cvg many ways. He's a guy with a lot of upside but also very polished and NFL ready coming out of that stanford offense. Fleener has a rare skill set

This is just nonsense. Probably trying to get the guy to fall. I mean, how can you say he's limited to a jump ball guy in the red zone? That's ignorance. Practically all of Fleener's touchdowns in the red zone were wide open, not jump balls in battle with a defender

[quote user="Neverend"]Might be the dumbest thing Ive read about fleener and ive read some very dumb things

so hes an "awful blocker" who just "builds speed" downfield and is limited as a "red zone" guy that will catch touchdowns for you

BS. More like he is a solid blocker that has technique flaws but has room to get stronger and absolutely has the work ethic/intelligence to improve. Nobody is a finished product coming out of the draft

Fleener absolutely can be a great vertical TE. Watch jimmy graham highlights, all of his plays up the seam were made by his combination of speed (which fleener plays slightly faster) and using his long arms and size to catch passes over linebackers heads that couldn't locate the ball. Fleener has the rare size, speed, and length combo to do this same exact thing

Maybe Fleener isn't a "dynamic, quick-twitch" guy but he absolutely has very good quickness for his size. For petes sake, the man is 6'6. Fleener wins on routes on so many ways (tempo changes, head fakes, deception, ball skills, length and speed) so it looks like one play he rounds off his route or on another play he shows little quickness/speed but you have to look at the big picture. He's a complete receiving prospect who wins and beats man cvg many ways. He's a guy with a lot of upside but also very polished and NFL ready coming out of that stanford offense. Fleener has a rare skill set

This is just nonsense. Probably trying to get the guy to fall. I mean, how can you say he's limited to a jump ball guy in the red zone? That's ignorance. Practically all of Fleener's touchdowns in the red zone were wide open, not jump balls in battle with a defender[/quote]Only thing they were right about was how talented the other Stanford TE's are

Veteran

[quote user="GMenNY21"]Don't let rainer jef see this , he'll flip lol[/quote]

lol... nah i don't care anymore. if we draft him im happy if we don't i'll be a fan. i honestly think he's a piece to the puzzle of repeating. what ticks me is people saying we don't need TE we have bennett, or we don't use TE's that much to warrant a late first round pick.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

+ Reply to Thread