+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lavonte David is becoming more intriguing...

Re: Lavonte David is becoming more intriguing...

David is a nice player but another WLB to me doesnt make much sense. Giants primarily play Nickel anyway.

[quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="G-Men Surg."][quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="G-Men Surg."][quote user="Shockeyitus"]Boley moving to the middle opens up an opportunity for JWill to start.

JWill, Boley, David... Makes for the fastest, instinctive and quality starting LB Corp in the NFL.[/quote]
    In that hypothetical lineup how's playing SLB ? I don't think either David or JWill are well suites for playing the strong side.[/quote]Williams played it pretty much all last year.[/quote]

In base defense Kiwi played the SLB and JWill played in nickel D with Boley along side.[/quote]And throughout the year, Williams played roughly 50% of the snaps. All of them either from the MIKE or SAM. Boley always played WILL.

And yes Kiwi did play the SAM, but I'm only responding to your question of who'd play SAM if David-Boley-Williams were on the field.[/quote]

You are right . I guess my head keeps spinning with all those formations and just miss the good all days when LBs played 3 downs, that been said its nearly impossible to find a "complete LB " this days with all the complex passing offense in today's game.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Could David be viewed more as a replacement for Grant? More like a PF safety playing down in the box?
    No one remembers who came in second.

[quote user="jomo"]Could David be viewed more as a replacement for Grant? More like a PF safety playing down in the box?[/quote]

Doubtful, David did in college exactly what Boley does for the giants. Grants role is different, even as his hybrid LB role he still spends a lot of time dropping into deep coverage. Dont see that with David.

God forbid we upgrade our LBs....
    You people do realize there's a extremely good chance Kiwi won't be a Giant come 2013???
    Boley eventually won't be around either due to cap space...
    & We literally don't know who our starter is at MLB....

+ Reply to Thread