+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Draft Game

Hybrid View

Draft Game

OK fellas. The boards are friggin dead. Its the curse of being SB champs. not much to whine about.

Maybe we can play "Should draft, will draft".

Started this in our thread.

Giants first round pick.

Should draft: David Wilson

Will draft: Chandler Jones

Anyone disagree with Good Ol' Morehead? If so it might not be the first time.

"Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Veteran

Re: Draft Game

Let's argue about Osi. I could go all day with that one. Unfortunately I know nothing about college ball so really can't comment about whom the Giants should draft.

I will say this, some folks have us drafting Dont'a Hightower but I just don't see it. The days of Levon Kirkland and Jeremiah Trotter manning the middle are long gone, it isn't a running league anymore. No need for a stand-up nose guard at MLB.

[quote user="Coach Carter"]Let's argue about Osi. I could go all day with that one. Unfortunately I know nothing about college ball so really can't comment about whom the Giants should draft. I will say this, some folks have us drafting Dont'a Hightower but I just don't see it. The days of Levon Kirkland and Jeremiah Trotter manning the middle are long gone, it isn't a running league anymore. No need for a stand-up nose guard at MLB.[/quote]

You may not NEED to run the ball, but it helps a lot. Our running game is very shaky right now. Last year we struggled there and Eli almost got killed a couple times. (good thing he is made of synthetic soft tissue and has no skeleton)

My hope BTW is that Osi is traded on draft day. Thats why i think we might lean to Jones.

I think though that the running game should be addressed both with O line help and RB help in the draft.

Should draft (or at least who I HOPE we draft): Doug Martin
    Will draft: Jonathan Martin

[quote user="egyptian420"]Should draft (or at least who I HOPE we draft): Doug Martin
    Will draft: Jonathan Martin[/quote]

I will not be a happy camper if Big Blue draft Jonathan Martin but I get it , the value at the end of the 1st is great if Martin or Adams still available.

So, I hope they draft Devon Still.
    And will draft, Coby Fleener.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Should draft: Levonte David, Brockers

Will draft: Mike "Legalize it" Adams

I think Brockers could fall with his lack of sacks and pass rush skills, if not I think at pick 32 Levonte David will be the best player available. He's not a need as he's not a MLB and we already have Boley, J Will,and Kiwi. I think he has potential to be a star at WLB. He's a 3 down LB and a true football. player. I don't have a problem with drafting greatness to replace something good.

In the tough times we find out who we are.

[quote user="B&RWarrior"]

Should draft:* Levonte David, Brockers

Will draft:* Mike "Legalize it" Adams

I think Brockers could fall with his lack of sacks and pass rush skills, if not I think at pick 32 Levonte David will be the best player available.* He's not a need as he's not a MLB and we already have Boley, J Will,*and Kiwi.* I think he has potential to be a star at WLB.* He's a 3 down LB and a true football. player.* I don't have a problem with drafting greatness to replace something good.

[/quote]
    I'd be very disappointed if Adams were drafted by the Giants. To test positive for marijuana in February (I think at combines?) is just incredibly stupid. Don't want him.

Other than that, BPA.

[quote user="JJC7301"][quote user="B&RWarrior"]

Should draft: Levonte David, Brockers

Will draft: Mike "Legalize it" Adams

I think Brockers could fall with his lack of sacks and pass rush skills, if not I think at pick 32 Levonte David will be the best player available. He's not a need as he's not a MLB and we already have Boley, J Will,and Kiwi. I think he has potential to be a star at WLB. He's a 3 down LB and a true football. player. I don't have a problem with drafting greatness to replace something good.

[/quote] I'd be very disappointed if Adams were drafted by the Giants. To test positive for marijuana in February (I think at combines?) is just incredibly stupid. Don't want him. Other than that, BPA.[/quote]

Me too . . . the guy is showing up on every listing of possible "busts" . . . . no thanks.

Veteran

So you are willing to trade the best pass-rushing end on the Giants and draft another defensive end? that would make us the Bills not the Giants - look at what they have been doing the past few years with running backs.

Osi is a stud, give the man a bump in contract and see what he can do fully healthy. The guy has been playing on one leg, knee and hip for the past couple of years and have been very productive. You just don't find guys like that in the draft.

I want a guard, tackle or center/guard with our first or second round pick. We need help on the inside.

And I want a bruising running back.

[quote user="Coach Carter"]So you are willing to trade the best pass-rushing end on the Giants and draft another defensive end? that would make us the Bills not the Giants - look at what they have been doing the past few years with running backs. Osi is a stud, give the man a bump in contract and see what he can do fully healthy. The guy has been playing on one leg, knee and hip for the past couple of years and have been very productive. You just don't find guys like that in the draft. I want a guard, tackle or center/guard with our first or second round pick. We need help on the inside. And I want a bruising running back.[/quote]

In a heartbeat.

Osi is a part time player for us. He's the third best DE on the team. It isn't a trade of Osi for a rookie. (by the way I said that I want a RB). Its an opportunity to free up almost $5MM in cap space. Money that could be used to sign Victor Cruz and also help with room to sign the draftees and other FA's.

And we don't have the cap room to resign Osi. I don't think (despite what the team line may be) its even a possibility. I think its either trade Osi now, or keep him for the last year of his deal and then let him go. Its not the end of the world if he stays and plays out his contract. But I'd prefer he be traded now.

And you mention that he's been playing hurt. Well he's hurt a lot and now he's passed 30. Do you think an older version of Osi will be healthier than the younger version was?