+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Game

Re: Draft Game

[quote user="Coach Carter"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="Coach Carter"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="Coach Carter"]So you are willing to trade the best pass-rushing end on the Giants and draft another defensive end? that would make us the Bills not the Giants - look at what they have been doing the past few years with running backs. Osi is a stud, give the man a bump in contract and see what he can do fully healthy. The guy has been playing on one leg, knee and hip for the past couple of years and have been very productive. You just don't find guys like that in the draft. I want a guard, tackle or center/guard with our first or second round pick. We need help on the inside. And I want a bruising running back.[/quote]

In a heartbeat.

Osi is a part time player for us.* He's the third best DE on the team.* It isn't a trade of Osi for a rookie.* (by the way I said that I want a RB).* Its an opportunity to free up almost $5MM in cap space.* Money that could be used to sign Victor Cruz and also help with room to sign the draftees and other FA's.

And we don't have the cap room to resign Osi.* I don't think (despite what the team line may be) its even a possibility.* I think its either trade Osi now, or keep him for the last year of his deal and then let him go.* Its not the end of the world if he stays and plays out his contract.* But I'd prefer he be traded now.

And you mention that he's been playing hurt.* Well he's hurt a lot and now he's passed 30.* Do you think an older version of Osi will be healthier than the younger version was?

[/quote] Yes I do. Osi had the hip procedure one year and the knee the next. Those were his two major ailments. With that resolved, you will see an element he did not have the last two years - the chase. Osi could not run after he did his initial burst up-field. Also, you have to stop with this "third best defensive end" nonsense. Osi is being compared to Tuck and JPP, these guys are (all around) all-pro and possibly future hall of fame defensive ends. Yet Osi is still the best PASS RUSHER on the Giants. It isn't like being third best overall defensive end is an insult, it is all relative. Unless you work for the Giants, I don't want to hear anything about cap space, where there is a will, there is a way. The Giants got to and won the superbowl because of their pass rush and it will remain that way.[/quote]

Numbers are numbers.* the cap is what it is.

"Where there's a will there's a way" is fantasy. You have to start cutting people in order to increase your cap space.* We have reconfigured all the contracts we can.

Osi is a great pass rusher.* Buts thats all he is.* He's one dimentional.* And he plays hard when he feels like it as well.

I really don't want to get into an argument about Osi.* This thread is about picking who you want in the draft vs. who you think we'll draft.

Do you have a position on this or not?

[/quote]

I want to keep Osi, cut/trade Kiwi and draft a guard, tackle or center/guard. Osi being one dimensional is an oversimplification of his abilities. Stopping the run does not mean you make the tackle. Also, Osi lines up vs the best athlete on the o-line on most plays.

When you make cap space, you don't get rid of your best players.

A passing league means more passing, which means more need for a pass rusher. Pay the man, and stop with the hate.[/quote]

JPP in his 2nd year DOMINATED the way osi dreams he could. osi is not the best pass rusher on the team, he's the best off the edge i guess when he runs upfield and around the LT, but JPP has the quickness to incorporate that and has a much better bull rush and can split double teams, all this while he is still raw....Osi isnt one of our best players, he is one of our best role players but we have others who can fill that role. all that said, i'd rather osi retire a giant. our three DE's are LETHAL...

ok back to the game.

Should draft: receiving threat; K.Wright or Randle or Fleener whichever one of those 3 is available
    Will draft: Kendall Wright (I think he's gonna be one of those players who should go way earlier but drops to us) He is a suped up MM. He can go deep, go over the middle, and take quick passes and get YAC.

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="Coach Carter"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="Coach Carter"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="Coach Carter"]So you are willing to trade the best pass-rushing end on the Giants and draft another defensive end? that would make us the Bills not the Giants - look at what they have been doing the past few years with running backs. Osi is a stud, give the man a bump in contract and see what he can do fully healthy. The guy has been playing on one leg, knee and hip for the past couple of years and have been very productive. You just don't find guys like that in the draft. I want a guard, tackle or center/guard with our first or second round pick. We need help on the inside. And I want a bruising running back.[/quote]

In a heartbeat.

Osi is a part time player for us. He's the third best DE on the team. It isn't a trade of Osi for a rookie. (by the way I said that I want a RB). Its an opportunity to free up almost $5MM in cap space. Money that could be used to sign Victor Cruz and also help with room to sign the draftees and other FA's.

And we don't have the cap room to resign Osi. I don't think (despite what the team line may be) its even a possibility. I think its either trade Osi now, or keep him for the last year of his deal and then let him go. Its not the end of the world if he stays and plays out his contract. But I'd prefer he be traded now.

And you mention that he's been playing hurt. Well he's hurt a lot and now he's passed 30. Do you think an older version of Osi will be healthier than the younger version was?

[/quote] Yes I do. Osi had the hip procedure one year and the knee the next. Those were his two major ailments. With that resolved, you will see an element he did not have the last two years - the chase. Osi could not run after he did his initial burst up-field. Also, you have to stop with this "third best defensive end" nonsense. Osi is being compared to Tuck and JPP, these guys are (all around) all-pro and possibly future hall of fame defensive ends. Yet Osi is still the best PASS RUSHER on the Giants. It isn't like being third best overall defensive end is an insult, it is all relative. Unless you work for the Giants, I don't want to hear anything about cap space, where there is a will, there is a way. The Giants got to and won the superbowl because of their pass rush and it will remain that way.[/quote]

Numbers are numbers. the cap is what it is.

"Where there's a will there's a way" is fantasy. You have to start cutting people in order to increase your cap space. We have reconfigured all the contracts we can.

Osi is a great pass rusher. Buts thats all he is. He's one dimentional. And he plays hard when he feels like it as well.

I really don't want to get into an argument about Osi. This thread is about picking who you want in the draft vs. who you think we'll draft.

Do you have a position on this or not?

[/quote] I want to keep Osi, cut/trade Kiwi and draft a guard, tackle or center/guard. Osi being one dimensional is an oversimplification of his abilities. Stopping the run does not mean you make the tackle. Also, Osi lines up vs the best athlete on the o-line on most plays. When you make cap space, you don't get rid of your best players. A passing league means more passing, which means more need for a pass rusher. Pay the man, and stop with the hate.[/quote] JPP in his 2nd year DOMINATED the way osi dreams he could. osi is not the best pass rusher on the team, he's the best off the edge i guess when he runs upfield and around the LT, but JPP has the quickness to incorporate that and has a much better bull rush and can split double teams, all this while he is still raw....Osi isnt one of our best players, he is one of our best role players but we have others who can fill that role. all that said, i'd rather osi retire a giant. our three DE's are LETHAL... ok back to the game. Should draft: receiving threat; K.Wright or Randle or Fleener whichever one of those 3 is available Will draft: Kendall Wright (I think he's gonna be one of those players who should go way earlier but drops to us) He is a suped up MM. He can go deep, go over the middle, and take quick passes and get YAC.[/quote]

Boy...WR in the first round when we have one of, if not the best WR duo in the NFL?

I just don't see it.

Get well soon 80.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

Should Draft:* Coby Fleener

Will Draft:* Devon Still

How about we add a new category:* All bets are off if _________________ is sitting there at*32.* (try to keep it realistic . . . . )*

I'll start the new category . . . . . All bets are off if Kendall Wright is sitting there at 32.*

[/quote]

All bets off if Jonathan Martin is sitting there at 32.

PS:* I would be dissapointed if we drafted Fleener (have we discussed this before?)** The Bennett signing plus our lack of use of the TE in general in KG's offense suggests we will go another direction.

[/quote]All bets are off if Luke Kuechly is there

All-Pro

I don't know what they are going to do....I do love a surprise through.....and I think they could go RB....first round picks have become more cap friendly under this new cba....we will see

MS

i just think having 3 legitimate threats that opposing teams have to worry about is pivotal to our offense.
    we could get a good rb round 2 or later, maybe lamar miller drops to us or we can trade osi to get Miller who i believe will be a better back than Martin or Wilson.

And this isnt to say give up on Barden/JJ. We could have a solid stable of wr's. the way i see it, we lost MM and JR usually refills the void a player leaves and Wright absolutely can do what MM did and probably much better imho.
    But I'd be fine with Fleener. Our LB core is set imo, if we keep osi our DL is set. We have 2 excellent safeties. we already have our starting OL, if we were to draft an OL at 32 he aint gonna come in and start right away, wouldnt trust Adams AT ALL to do that bc he still has a ways to go imho.

then u factor in that Wright would be the BPA, I dunno i just see it all adding up...def. not saying im right everyone else is wrong, just my opinion.

[quote user="giantsfan420"]MS i just think having 3 legitimate threats that opposing teams have to worry about is pivotal to our offense. we could get a good rb round 2 or later, maybe lamar miller drops to us or we can trade osi to get Miller who i believe will be a better back than Martin or Wilson. And this isnt to say give up on Barden/JJ. We could have a solid stable of wr's. the way i see it, we lost MM and JR usually refills the void a player leaves and Wright absolutely can do what MM did and probably much better imho. But I'd be fine with Fleener. Our LB core is set imo, if we keep osi our DL is set. We have 2 excellent safeties. we already have our starting OL, if we were to draft an OL at 32 he aint gonna come in and start right away, wouldnt trust Adams AT ALL to do that bc he still has a ways to go imho. then u factor in that Wright would be the BPA, I dunno i just see it all adding up...def. not saying im right everyone else is wrong, just my opinion.[/quote]

Well I think we drafted JJ to fill this position. Didn't play last year but I think JR believes in him. We also have Hixon and Barden. I still wouldn't be surprised to see us pick up a FA WR to bring more experience to the WR corps.

I'm sure we will draft a WR at some point in the draft. I just don't see it at #32. Unless all our high grade guys are gone. (and who knows exactly who they would be).

I agree that O line is doubtful at 32 only because the value may not be there. Unless as I said if Martin drops.

As i said, I think D line may have the best value but thats a guess.

Get well soon 80.

I like it. The third receiving threat is up in the air. A kid like Kendall Wright could hit the ground running facing the #3 CB one on one every game. We've done good enough withlate round talent and UDF at TE so I'm against a first round TE. We've found good talent in the latter rounds at RB also.

In the tough times we find out who we are...that's why I know VC will be back better than ever in 2015. #80 NYG4life!

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

Should Draft: Coby Fleener

Will Draft: Devon Still

How about we add a new category: All bets are off if _________________ is sitting there at32. (try to keep it realistic . . . . )

I'll start the new category . . . . . All bets are off if Kendall Wright is sitting there at 32.

[/quote]

All bets off if Jonathan Martin is sitting there at 32.

PS: I would be dissapointed if we drafted Fleener (have we discussed this before?) The Bennett signing plus our lack of use of the TE in general in KG's offense suggests we will go another direction.

[/quote]

I know you're not a big Fleener guy . . . . but we have Bennett signed for a one year deal and, at least at this point, he is more of a blocker than a WR.

I think that after losing Ballard (probably won't play next season) and MM, we need to make sure that Eli has enough weapons to do his thing . . . and Fleener is a definite weapon.

Should Draft: Coby Fleener

Will Draft: Kendal Reyes

P.S. - I'm a big Doug Martin fan ... I'd be ecstatic if we went in that direction with our first pick.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Kruunch"]Should Draft: Coby Fleener Will Draft: Kendal Reyes P.S. - I'm a big Doug Martin fan ... I'd be ecstatic if we went in that direction with our first pick.[/quote]

All bets are off if Brockers is available at 32.

In the tough times we find out who we are...that's why I know VC will be back better than ever in 2015. #80 NYG4life!

+ Reply to Thread