+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Game

Re: Draft Game

Anyone think that Kevin Zeitler is a possibility?

The Washington Post had us picking him with our first pick . . . . not an awful idea.

[quote user="Kruunch"]Should Draft: Coby Fleener Will Draft: Kendal Reyes P.S. - I'm a big Doug Martin fan ... I'd be ecstatic if we went in that direction with our first pick.[/quote]

Why draft a running back in the lst when we have found talent like Bradshaw, and Scott(potential) in the latter rounds? I'm not saying we should waituntil the 6th round to draft aRB but the first roundseems to early. We don't need a super star back in this system.

In the tough times we find out who we are...that's why I know VC will be back better than ever in 2015. #80 NYG4life!

All-Pro

Not every pick Reese makes works out, but for the most part he is very good. I think the Barden pick might not work out, but I still think JJ can be a good pick. He was drafted in a lock out season and he had 3 great WR's ahead of him. Toomer did nothing his rookie season and look how good a player he was. Manningham did nothing his rookie season and now he is considered a big loss to this team.

I do think they need another WR or TE though. Bennett has done nothing yet and Hixon is coming off his second major knee injury.

We should and will draft Doug Martin!

[quote user="B&RWarrior"]

[quote user="Kruunch"]Should Draft: Coby Fleener Will Draft: Kendal Reyes P.S. - I'm a big Doug Martin fan ... I'd be ecstatic if we went in that direction with our first pick.[/quote]

Why draft a running back in the lst when we have found talent like Bradshaw, and Scott(potential) in the latter rounds? I'm not saying we should waituntil the 6th round to draft aRB but the first roundseems to early. We don't need a super star back in this system.

[/quote]

We drafted Tiki in round 2 and Rodney Hampton in round 1.

You don't always find talent late. Teams have so much scouting these days. If you think a kid has the best chance to help the team, you draft him.

Get well soon 80.

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="Coach Carter"]So you are willing to trade the best pass-rushing end on the Giants and draft another defensive end? that would make us the Bills not the Giants - look at what they have been doing the past few years with running backs. Osi is a stud, give the man a bump in contract and seee what he can do fully healthy. The guy has been playing on one leg, knee and hip for the past couple of years and have been very productive. You just don't find guys like that in the draft. I want a guard, tackle or center/guard with our first or second round pick. We need help on the inside. And I want a bruising running back.[/quote]

In a heartbeat.

Osi is a part time player for us.* He's the third best DE on the team.* It isn't a trade of Osi for a rookie.* (by the way I said that I want a RB).* Its an opportunity to free up almost $5MM in cap space.* Money that could be used to sign Victor Cruz and also help with room to sign the draftees and other FA's.

And we don't have the cap room to resign Osi.* I don't think (despite what the team line may be) its even a possibility.* I think its either trade Osi now, or keep him for the last year of his deal and then let him go.* Its not the end of the world if he stays and plays out his contract.* But I'd prefer he be traded now.

And you mention that he's been playing hurt.* Well he's hurt a lot and now he's passed 30.* Do you think an older version of Osi will be healthier than the younger version was?

[/quote]

freeing up money this year will have absolutely zero effect on resigning a Guy that is already under contract.

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="Coach Carter"]So you are willing to trade the best pass-rushing end on the Giants and draft another defensive end? that would make us the Bills not the Giants - look at what they have been doing the past few years with running backs. Osi is a stud, give the man a bump in contract and seee what he can do fully healthy. The guy has been playing on one leg, knee and hip for the past couple of years and have been very productive. You just don't find guys like that in the draft. I want a guard, tackle or center/guard with our first or second round pick. We need help on the inside. And I want a bruising running back.[/quote]

In a heartbeat.

Osi is a part time player for us. He's the third best DE on the team. It isn't a trade of Osi for a rookie. (by the way I said that I want a RB). Its an opportunity to free up almost $5MM in cap space. Money that could be used to sign Victor Cruz and also help with room to sign the draftees and other FA's.

And we don't have the cap room to resign Osi. I don't think (despite what the team line may be) its even a possibility. I think its either trade Osi now, or keep him for the last year of his deal and then let him go. Its not the end of the world if he stays and plays out his contract. But I'd prefer he be traded now.

And you mention that he's been playing hurt. Well he's hurt a lot and now he's passed 30. Do you think an older version of Osi will be healthier than the younger version was?

[/quote] freeing up money this year will have absolutely zero effect on resigning a Guy that is already under contract.[/quote]

If we extend Cruz, we will undoubtedly pay him a bonus that would in part be counted this season against the cap. I disagree Lawl. If we extend him he won't be making his $600,000 this season.

Get well soon 80.

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="B&RWarrior"]

Why draft a running back in the lst when we have found talent like Bradshaw, and Scott(potential) in the latter rounds?* I'm not saying we should wait*until the 6th round to draft a*RB but the first round**seems to early.* We don't need a super star back in this system.*

[/quote]

We drafted Tiki in round 2 and Rodney Hampton in round 1.

You don't always find talent late.* Teams have so much scouting these days.* If you think a kid has the best chance to help the team, you draft him.

[/quote]

The problem is. If you have a top rb on your team then you have to give him a big second contract which really handicaps your team because investing money into a rb is very dumb.

when's the last time a top 5 rb won a super bowl? Marshall faulk?

It really doesn't matter what random scrub we have playing rb for us. It would be nice if we had one that could catch though

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="Morehead State"]

In a heartbeat.

Osi is a part time player for us.* He's the third best DE on the team.* It isn't a trade of Osi for a rookie.* (by the way I said that I want a RB).* Its an opportunity to free up almost $5MM in cap space.* Money that could be used to sign Victor Cruz and also help with room to sign the draftees and other FA's.

And we don't have the cap room to resign Osi.* I don't think (despite what the team line may be) its even a possibility.* I think its either trade Osi now, or keep him for the last year of his deal and then let him go.* Its not the end of the world if he stays and plays out his contract.* But I'd prefer he be traded now.

And you mention that he's been playing hurt.* Well he's hurt a lot and now he's passed 30.* Do you think an older version of Osi will be healthier than the younger version was?

[/quote] freeing up money this year will have absolutely zero effect on resigning a Guy that is already under contract.[/quote]

If we extend Cruz, we will undoubtedly pay him a bonus that would in part be counted this season against the cap.* I disagree Lawl.* If we extend him he won't be making his $600,000 this season.

[/quote]

Why sign him now if he's restricted next year anyway. We guaranteed have him for cheap the next 2 years

[quote user="B&RWarrior"]

Why draft a running back in the lst when we have found talent like Bradshaw, and Scott(potential) in the latter rounds?* I'm not saying we should wait*until the 6th round to draft a*RB but the first round**seems to early.* We don't need a super star back in this system.*

[/quote]

Because eventually that well will run dry.

Hedge your bets where you can.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)