+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Game

Re: Draft Game

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="B&RWarrior"]

[quote user="Kruunch"]Should Draft: Coby Fleener Will Draft: Kendal Reyes P.S. - I'm a big Doug Martin fan ... I'd be ecstatic if we went in that direction with our first pick.[/quote]

Why draft a running back in the lst when we have found talent like Bradshaw, and Scott(potential) in the latter rounds? I'm not saying we should waituntil the 6th round to draft aRB but the first roundseems to early. We don't need a super star back in this system.

[/quote]

We drafted Tiki in round 2 and Rodney Hampton in round 1.

You don't always find talent late. Teams have so much scouting these days. If you think a kid has the best chance to help the team, you draft him.

[/quote]

I'm referring to the current front office with JR at the helm not 1997 or 1990. We've won 2 SBs and even led the league in rushing with late round talent at RB. I say stick with what has worked.

In the tough times we find out who we are.

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="B&RWarrior"]

[quote user="Kruunch"]Should Draft: Coby Fleener Will Draft: Kendal Reyes P.S. - I'm a big Doug Martin fan ... I'd be ecstatic if we went in that direction with our first pick.[/quote]

Why draft a running back in the lst when we have found talent like Bradshaw, and Scott(potential) in the latter rounds? I'm not saying we should waituntil the 6th round to draft aRB but the first roundseems to early. We don't need a super star back in this system.

[/quote]

You don't always find talent late. Teams have so much scouting these days. If you think a kid has the best chance to help the team, you draft him.

[/quote] The problem is. If you have a top rb on your team then you have to give him a big second contract which really handicaps your team because investing money into a rb is very dumb. when's the last time a top 5 rb won a super bowl? Marshall faulk? It really doesn't matter what random scrub we have playing rb for us. It would be nice if we had one that could catch though[/quote]

So you're worried about his contract in 4 years? If he's good and can help the team he would get another contract. it doesn't matter where he would have been drafted.

I think you are overthinking this my friend.

Our biggest problem in my view is our running game. It really struggled last year and needs to get better. BJ is gone and Bradshaw isn't durable enough to carry the load. he has to at least share the load.

"Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

Anyone think that Kevin Zeitler is a possibility?

The Washington Post had us picking him with our first pick . . . .* not an awful idea.*

[/quote]

Yeah I think there's a good shot at him depending what falls (or doesn't) to us.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="B&RWarrior"]

Why draft a running back in the lst when we have found talent like Bradshaw, and Scott(potential) in the latter rounds?* I'm not saying we should wait*until the 6th round to draft a*RB but the first round**seems to early.* We don't need a super star back in this system.*

[/quote]

You don't always find talent late.* Teams have so much scouting these days.* If you think a kid has the best chance to help the team, you draft him.

[/quote] The problem is. If you have a top rb on your team then you have to give him a big second contract which really handicaps your team because investing money into a rb is very dumb. when's the last time a top 5 rb won a super bowl? Marshall faulk? It really doesn't matter what random scrub we have playing rb for us. It would be nice if we had one that could catch though[/quote]

So you're worried about his contract in 4 years?* If he's good and can help the team he would get another contract.* it doesn't matter where he would have been drafted.

I think you are overthinking this my friend.

Our biggest problem in my view is our running game.* It really struggled last year and needs to get better.* BJ is gone and Bradshaw isn't durable enough to carry the load.* he has to at least share the load.

[/quote]

you don't need to invest a first round pick on a Guy that's going to share the load at rb.

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="B&RWarrior"]

Why draft a running back in the lst when we have found talent like Bradshaw, and Scott(potential) in the latter rounds?* I'm not saying we should wait*until the 6th round to draft a*RB but the first round**seems to early.* We don't need a super star back in this system.*

[/quote]

You don't always find talent late.* Teams have so much scouting these days.* If you think a kid has the best chance to help the team, you draft him.

[/quote]

The problem is. If you have a top rb on your team then you have to give him a big second contract which really handicaps your team because investing money into a rb is very dumb.

when's the last time a top 5 rb won a super bowl? Marshall faulk?

It really doesn't matter what random scrub we have playing rb for us. It would be nice if we had one that could catch though[/quote]

I highly disagree with this.

Too many people are undervaluing the RB due to the current pass-hysteria of the NFL.

And the RB position is one of the cheaper ones at the higher level (as opposed to WR or DE).
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="B&RWarrior"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="B&RWarrior"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm referring to the current front office with JR at the helm not 1997 or 1990. We've won 2 SBs and even led the league in rushing with late round talent at RB. I say stick with what has worked.

[/quote]

Just because we got lucky with BJ and Bradshaw doesn't mean we will continue to get lucky.

Its like the Pats waiting until the 6th round for a replacement for Brady because they won 3 SB's with a QB taken in the 6th round.

Players taken in the first rounds tend to have better NFL careers than players taken in the later rounds. thast just a fact.

"Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="lawl"]
    you don't need to invest a first round pick on a Guy that's going to share the load at rb.[/quote]

Until AB's feet blow apart in week 4?

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="B&RWarrior"]

[/quote] Because eventually that well will run dry. Hedge your bets where you can.[/quote]

Do you see a cant miss RB that's available at 32 since you speak of hedging your bet?

In the tough times we find out who we are.

Should Draft: Cordy Glenn

Will Draft: Devon Still
    Round1: AA-Ron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round4: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

[quote user="B&RWarrior"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="B&RWarrior"]

[/quote] Because eventually that well will run dry. Hedge your bets where you can.[/quote]

Do you see a cant miss RB* that's available at 32 since you speak of hedging your bet?

[/quote]

There's no such thing as a "can't miss" player.

However I think Doug Martin has the potential to make the most impact for the Giants in 2012-2013 of those we draft this week.