+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who do you take?

Re: Who do you take?

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Morehead State"] I don't think the "we don't have enough DT's on the roster" philosophy will compel them to draft a DT in round one, unless its truly the BPA.[/quote] I dont think they will reach to fill the position, but I do think its a position of need.[/quote]

I agree that its a position of need. I still think that the running game is probably the largest need we have.

By that I mean a RB or O lineman.

And I think Wilson and Martin are good values at 32. (especially Wilson IMO)

"Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Morehead State"] I don't think the "we don't have enough DT's on the roster" philosophy will compel them to draft a DT in round one, unless its truly the BPA.[/quote] I dont think they will reach to fill the position, but I do think its a position of need.[/quote]

I agree that its a position of need.* I still think that the running game is probably the largest need we have.

By that I mean a RB or O lineman.

And I think Wilson and Martin are good values at 32.* (especially Wilson IMO)

[/quote]

Im not sold on Wilson. He seems like more of an athlete with good gene's, rather than a future star at running back. Obviously, Richardson is the prize of the class, but in regards to football talent I think Wilson is fifth on my list.

Richardson - Best back since AP
    Miller - Incredible vision, patient and speed.
    Martin - catches, blocks, decent speed.
    James - deadly receiving threat, could be shifty between the tackles
    Wilson - Speed....??
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

[quote user="Spizi"]If Devon Still, Nick Perry, and Coby Fleener are all still available at 32 who do you take and why?[/quote]

To actually answer your question I would take Devon Still. The knock on him in inconsistent tape. I believe that the Giant DL group would push him to maximize his talents. The seem to have the right mix of knowing how to work and keeping it loose. If a guy comes in there and doesn't play to his potential it simply won't fly in that room.

Nothing wrong with Perry either but I think over the next 3 years Still would see more snaps. With Osi and Kiwi both becoming UFAs after this season Perry isn't a bad play at all.

+ Reply to Thread