+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who do you take?

Veteran

Who do you take?

If Devon Still, Nick Perry, and Coby Fleener are all still available at 32 who do you take and why?

Re: Who do you take?

It would be between Still and Perry........mmmm I think Still. I like the possibilities with Fleener, but he is just not the type of TE we use in our offense. Perry looks good but I think we should go for an interior Dlineman this time around.....

Why are we considering a DT in round 1, we took Austin last year in 2 and he could good. Our needs are not there, Fleener or Perry for sure.

Devon Still should have the highest draft grade IMO but, I wouldn't mind at all if the Giants had this problem come Thursday.

I wouldn't mind any of them.

[quote user="eastbayblue"]Why are we considering a DT in round 1, we took Austin last year in 2 and he could good. Our needs are not there, Fleener or Perry for sure.
    [/quote]

Next year Canty is likely gone and Bernard may be gone too which leaves them thin with Joseph and Austin. Reese usually drafts for the year after when contracts expire. So DT is definitely a position I think the Giants could target.

All-Pro

[quote user="eastbayblue"]Why are we considering a DT in round 1, we took Austin last year in 2 and he could good. Our needs are not there, Fleener or Perry for sure.
    [/quote]

If DT is the BPA on Reese's board, he will draft him.

[/quote]

Austin hasent played in two years. Only DTs on the roster are Canty, Joseph, and Hendricks.

Cant count on Austin making a serious contribution this season, depth is a need anyway, and Canty may be released in a season or two because of how much he makes and they will need to free up money to pay Cruz, Nicks, and JPP.

During a feature about Still on NFL Network during the combine a comment was made by I believe Mayock . It went something like "Still has all the physical tools you look for in a DT and can dominate his opponent. But is to often invisible in a game he should dominate. Has been underproductive considering his physical tools and is not very good at running down the ball. That makes me say no to Still. In addition Austin is gonna be a beast eventually. He's a well rested monster. DT? Ok but not at one, maybe the Martin duo, Doug in 1 and Mike in 3 or 4. Haven't read much good on Fleener the last few days. Bennett was our big FA move a 1 there also, not sure about that. Maybe L Green in 3-4. Perry. I could digest pretty easy. Seems like a beast on wheels!

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="eastbayblue"]Why are we considering a DT in round 1, we took Austin last year in 2 and he could good. Our needs are not there, Fleener or Perry for sure.
    [/quote] Austin hasent played in two years. Only DTs on the roster are Canty, Joseph, and Hendricks. Cant count on Austin making a serious contribution this season, depth is a need anyway, and Canty may be released in a season or two because of how much he makes and they will need to free up money to pay Cruz, Nicks, and JPP.[/quote]

There will be plenty of DT FA's before the season starts to fill roster spots. I don't think the "we don't have enough DT's on the roster" philosophy will compel them to draft a DT in round one, unless its truly the BPA.

Who knows where the best value will be at 32. No one knows how the draft will shake out by that time. But if I had my preference, I would like us to deal with our running game problems. It "appears" that unless we get lucky, there won't be value at O line at 32. I would like a RB there. There will be 2 (most likely) with value.

Get well soon 80.

[quote user="Morehead State"] I don't think the "we don't have enough DT's on the roster" philosophy will compel them to draft a DT in round one, unless its truly the BPA.[/quote]

I dont think they will reach to fill the position, but I do think its a position of need.

I personally do not think a HB is worth a first round pick, i think they can be found in later rounds. Unless you find a truly elite game changer like Peterson or Richardson, I would wait until mid-late rounds to take one

+ Reply to Thread