+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Freak athletes?

Freak athletes?

Who are some players the Giants are projected to go after with our 1st round pick that folks would consider "freak athletes?" With our BPA mentality, is there a freak we may go after that could surprise us b/c it's not a need.

The only person I can think of from an intangible standpoint is the WR from Georgia Tech. He's tall, can leap and is very fast.

Any thoughts?

Re: Freak athletes?

[quote user="T.Rice57"]Who are some players the Giants are projected to go after with our 1st round pick that folks would consider "freak athletes?"* With our BPA mentality, is there a freak we may go after that could surprise us b/c it's not a need.*

The only person I can think of from an intangible standpoint is the WR from Georgia Tech.* He's tall, can leap and is very fast.*

Any thoughts?
    [/quote]The thing about Hill is he times so much faster then he plays. He isnt smooth as a route runner so unless he is running in a straight line his speed is useless. He is a lot like Heyward Bey

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="T.Rice57"]Who are some players the Giants are projected to go after with our 1st round pick that folks would consider "freak athletes?"* With our BPA mentality, is there a freak we may go after that could surprise us b/c it's not a need.*

The only person I can think of from an intangible standpoint is the WR from Georgia Tech.* He's tall, can leap and is very fast.*

Any thoughts?
    [/quote]The thing about Hill is he times so much faster then he plays. He isnt smooth as a route runner so unless he is running in a straight line his speed is useless. He is a lot like Heyward Bey[/quote]

To be fair to bey, he has gotten better. Still not worth a first round pick, but still lol
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="T.Rice57"]Who are some players the Giants are projected to go after with our 1st round pick that folks would consider "freak athletes?" With our BPA mentality, is there a freak we may go after that could surprise us b/c it's not a need.

The only person I can think of from an intangible standpoint is the WR from Georgia Tech. He's tall, can leap and is very fast.

Any thoughts?
    [/quote]The thing about Hill is he times so much faster then he plays. He isnt smooth as a route runner so unless he is running in a straight line his speed is useless. He is a lot like Heyward Bey[/quote]

Heywad Bey made great strides the second half of last year. Look for him to have a big year next year. I think some WRs have to learn how to use their speed to their advantage. Hill may be this same type of player. I prefer Kendall Right to Hill. Right is the most NFL ready receiver in the draft and we can win now.

In the tough times we find out who we are...that's why I know VC will be back better than ever in 2015. #80 NYG4life!

All-Pro

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="T.Rice57"]Who are some players the Giants are projected to go after with our 1st round pick that folks would consider "freak athletes?"* With our BPA mentality, is there a freak we may go after that could surprise us b/c it's not a need.*

Any thoughts?

Bey actually looked pretty good this year. And there we rumors the giants were highly interested in drafting him.

All-Pro

Any thoughts?

Bey actually looked pretty good this year. And there we rumors the giants were highly interested in drafting him.

[quote user="GmenFan1980"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="T.Rice57"]Who are some players the Giants are projected to go after with our 1st round pick that folks would consider "freak athletes?"* With our BPA mentality, is there a freak we may go after that could surprise us b/c it's not a need.*

Any thoughts?

To be fair to bey, he has gotten better. Still not worth a first round pick, but still lol[/quote]The point is I dont think he will be ready to play in the Giants offense.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="GmenFan1980"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="T.Rice57"]Who are some players the Giants are projected to go after with our 1st round pick that folks would consider "freak athletes?" With our BPA mentality, is there a freak we may go after that could surprise us b/c it's not a need.

Any thoughts?

To be fair to bey, he has gotten better. Still not worth a first round pick, but still lol[/quote]The point is I dont think he will be ready to play in the Giants offense.[/quote]

Gotcha. Yea, I didn't know much about Hill, just read about his bio/stats.

What about other positions? Is there a pass rusher that would be too hard to pass up? A DB, or LB? I don't believe there's a RB that stands out at 32, but maybe an OT?

Any thoughts?

+1

49 career receptions in college ... I don't see the Giants blowing a first rounder on that.

And I doubt he's there at the end of the second because someone will bite on him due to his Combine performance.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

There isnt anyone in that freak athletic mold at 32 in the realm of JPP.

But Nicks wasent an "athletic freak" either.

+ Reply to Thread