+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Freak athletes?

Re: Freak athletes?

[quote user="T.Rice57"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="GmenFan1980"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="T.Rice57"]Who are some players the Giants are projected to go after with our 1st round pick that folks would consider "freak athletes?"* With our BPA mentality, is there a freak we may go after that could surprise us b/c it's not a need.*

The only person I can think of from an intangible standpoint is the WR from Georgia Tech.* He's tall, can leap and is very fast.*

Any thoughts?
    [/quote]The thing about Hill is he times so much faster then he plays. He isnt smooth as a route runner so unless he is running in a straight line his speed is useless. He is a lot like Heyward Bey[/quote]

To be fair to bey, he has gotten better. Still not worth a first round pick, but still lol[/quote]The point is I dont think he will be ready to play in the Giants offense.[/quote]

Gotcha.* Yea, I didn't know much about Hill, just read about his bio/stats.*

What about other positions?* Is there a pass rusher that would be too hard to pass up?* A DB, or LB?* I don't believe there's a RB that stands out at 32, but maybe an OT?*
    [/quote]

Amini Silatolu and Kelechi Osemele (both OG/OTs) are freakish in size and athletic ability at that size. I could see the Giants taking either of those guys.

Besides Dontari Poe, no one else in this draft strikes me as a physical freak (plenty of great athletes though).

Keep in mind that we consider JPP a physical freak but his measurables weren't off the charts at the Combine (beaten by a lot of other guys in all phases except phone-recorded back flips).
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="T.Rice57"]Who are some players the Giants are projected to go after with our 1st round pick that folks would consider "freak athletes?"* With our BPA mentality, is there a freak we may go after that could surprise us b/c it's not a need.*

The only person I can think of from an intangible standpoint is the WR from Georgia Tech.* He's tall, can leap and is very fast.*

Any thoughts?
    [/quote]The thing about Hill is he times so much faster then he plays. He isnt smooth as a route runner so unless he is running in a straight line his speed is useless. He is a lot like Heyward Bey[/quote]

+1

49 career receptions in college ... I don't see the Giants blowing a first rounder on that.

And I doubt he's there at the end of the second because someone will bite on him due to his Combine performance.[/quote]

To be fair he played in a Option offense and n ever had a chance to show his recieving skills - Still not worth a 1st round pick

[quote user="GiantPride27"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="T.Rice57"]Who are some players the Giants are projected to go after with our 1st round pick that folks would consider "freak athletes?"* With our BPA mentality, is there a freak we may go after that could surprise us b/c it's not a need.*

Any thoughts?

+1

49 career receptions in college ... I don't see the Giants blowing a first rounder on that.

And I doubt he's there at the end of the second because someone will bite on him due to his Combine performance.[/quote]

To be fair he played in a Option offense and n ever had a chance to show his recieving skills - Still not worth a 1st round pick[/quote]

Exactly why he's not worth a first round pick in my mind.

Don't get me wrong ... the kid could blow it up in the NFL. But two weeks before the Combine he was a 4th round prospect and that feels closer to correct imo.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="T.Rice57"]Who are some players the Giants are projected to go after with our 1st round pick that folks would consider "freak athletes?" With our BPA mentality, is there a freak we may go after that could surprise us b/c it's not a need.

The only person I can think of from an intangible standpoint is the WR from Georgia Tech. He's tall, can leap and is very fast.

Any thoughts?

Bey actually looked pretty good this year. And there we rumors the giants were highly interested in drafting him.[/quote]
    Saying the rumors were true, the difference is we were planning on drafting him at the bottom of the first, not the top.

All-Pro

[quote user="Drez"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="T.Rice57"]Who are some players the Giants are projected to go after with our 1st round pick that folks would consider "freak athletes?"* With our BPA mentality, is there a freak we may go after that could surprise us b/c it's not a need.*

Any thoughts?

Bey actually looked pretty good this year. And there we rumors the giants were highly interested in drafting him.[/quote]
    Saying the rumors were true, the difference is we were planning on drafting him at the bottom of the first, not the top.
    [/quote]

Right. And where are we drafting now?

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="Drez"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="T.Rice57"]Who are some players the Giants are projected to go after with our 1st round pick that folks would consider "freak athletes?" With our BPA mentality, is there a freak we may go after that could surprise us b/c it's not a need.

The only person I can think of from an intangible standpoint is the WR from Georgia Tech. He's tall, can leap and is very fast.

Any thoughts?

[/quote]

Right. And where are we drafting now?[/quote]
    True. But, my post was more a knock against the Raiders having drafted Bey high when despite his straight line speed, wasn't a top of the 1st talent.

Hill, outside of his speed, I haven't heard much about. But, honestly, I've found it hard to get into this year's draft class for some reason. It just hasn't piqued my interest as it has in years past.

All-Pro

[quote user="Drez"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="Drez"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="T.Rice57"]Who are some players the Giants are projected to go after with our 1st round pick that folks would consider "freak athletes?"* With our BPA mentality, is there a freak we may go after that could surprise us b/c it's not a need.*

Any thoughts?

[/quote]

True. But, my post was more a knock against the Raiders having drafted Bey high when despite his straight line speed, wasn't a top of the 1st talent.

Hill, outside of his speed, I haven't heard much about. But, honestly, I've found it hard to get into this year's draft class for some reason. It just hasn't piqued my interest as it has in years past.
    [/quote]

Yea, raiders are dumb

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="Drez"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="Drez"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="T.Rice57"]Who are some players the Giants are projected to go after with our 1st round pick that folks would consider "freak athletes?" With our BPA mentality, is there a freak we may go after that could surprise us b/c it's not a need.

Any thoughts?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yea, raiders are dumb[/quote]
    It'll be interesting to see how things go with them now that Davis has passed.

Veteran

Nick Perry, DE USC.
    Height: 6'3"
    Weight: 270
    40 Time: 4.64
    Vertical: 38.5"
    Broad Jump: 10'4"

Enough said.

Veteran

[quote user="Spizi"]Nick Perry, DE USC.
    Height: 6'3"
    Weight: 270
    40 Time: 4.64
    Vertical: 38.5"
    Broad Jump: 10'4"

Enough said.[/quote]

Ht Wt 40-yd dash 10-yd split 20-yd split 20-ss 3-cone Vert Broad BP Wonderlic
    6ft 3in 266 lb 4.58 s 1.53 s 2.63 s 4.41 s 7.12 s 41 in 10ft 5in 37 rep 21

this guy beat nick perry in virtually every aspect of the combine..

guess who?

(Vernon Gholston)

Combine numbers are a small piece of the pie.

+ Reply to Thread