+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lavonte David is becoming more intriguing...

Boley moving to the middle opens up an opportunity for JWill to start.

JWill, Boley, David... Makes for the fastest, instinctive and quality starting LB Corp in the NFL.
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

Re: Lavonte David is becoming more intriguing...

Probably the smallest too. Would be great for playing passing teams and put in kiwi for Jwill for running teams.

David is just amazing, love the guy. shame too, not a lot of people are overly high on him around here and all over the social web. I understand he doesnt have great size/bulk but the kid has tremendous instincts and athleticism

what separates him from a guy like bobby wagner is his experience playing man coverage. he has a track record of covering TEs like say a michael egnew or RBs downfield like demarco murray. unlike a guy like wagner who just does a "meh" job dropping in zone coverage against average competition for the most part

And Rivers was brought in not to play?

And we still have herzlich and Greg jones who could be good players. Linebacker is looking pretty deep this year.

[quote user="Shockeyitus"]Boley moving to the middle opens up an opportunity for JWill to start.

JWill, Boley, David... Makes for the fastest, instinctive and quality starting LB Corp in the NFL.[/quote]
    In that hypothetical lineup how's playing SLB ? I don't think either David or JWill are well suites for playing the strong side.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

[quote user="G-Men Surg."][quote user="Shockeyitus"]Boley moving to the middle opens up an opportunity for JWill to start.

JWill, Boley, David... Makes for the fastest, instinctive and quality starting LB Corp in the NFL.[/quote]
    In that hypothetical lineup how's playing SLB ? I don't think either David or JWill are well suites for playing the strong side.[/quote]Williams played it pretty much all last year.

[quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="G-Men Surg."][quote user="Shockeyitus"]Boley moving to the middle opens up an opportunity for JWill to start.

In that hypothetical lineup how's playing SLB ? I don't think either David or JWill are well suites for playing the strong side.[/quote]Williams played it pretty much all last year.[/quote]

In base defense Kiwi played the SLB and JWill played in nickel D with Boley along side.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

[quote user="slipknottin"]And Rivers was brought in not to play?[/quote]

Exactly, not sure this will be a direction the G-men will go....

[quote user="G-Men Surg."][quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="G-Men Surg."][quote user="Shockeyitus"]Boley moving to the middle opens up an opportunity for JWill to start.

In that hypothetical lineup how's playing SLB ? I don't think either David or JWill are well suites for playing the strong side.[/quote]Williams played it pretty much all last year.[/quote]

In base defense Kiwi played the SLB and JWill played in nickel D with Boley along side.[/quote]And throughout the year, Williams played roughly 50% of the snaps. All of them either from the MIKE or SAM. Boley always played WILL.

And yes Kiwi did play the SAM, but I'm only responding to your question of who'd play SAM if David-Boley-Williams were on the field.