+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why only seven rounds?

Why only seven rounds?

Years ago there were 12, even more, for the NFL draft.

Would you prefer seeing the current format of 7 rounds plus a **** ton of UDFA's, or expand the amount of rounds? Does anyone know why they reduced it to begin with?

Re: Why only seven rounds?

I like leaving itat 7 rounds. More rounds give other teams an even chance to lock up good talent. By having so many UDFA's it gives an advantage to the team that prepares better and sells their virtues more convincingly. Advantage goes toJerry Reese and his team of scouts/front office personnel.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Its really 8 if u count the comp picks

[quote user="greenca190"]Years ago there were 12, even more, for the NFL draft. Would you prefer seeing the current format of 7 rounds plus a **** ton of UDFA's, or expand the amount of rounds? Does anyone know why they reduced it to begin with?[/quote] I like the current format..Its just better for the players to be able to pick where they want to go after the draft instead of getting drafted by a team that has like 5rb's or something, and your coming in as a 11th rd RB..

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="greenca190"]Years ago there were 12, even more, for the NFL draft. Would you prefer seeing the current format of 7 rounds plus a **** ton of UDFA's, or expand the amount of rounds? Does anyone know why they reduced it to begin with?[/quote] I like the current format..*Its just better for the players to be able to pick where they want to go after the draft instead of getting drafted by a team that has like 5rb's or something, and your coming in as a 11th rd RB..[/quote]Its better for the players for sure.

All-Pro

Didn't they also do that when there a lot less teams in the NFL?

[quote user="greenca190"]Years ago there were 12, even more, for the NFL draft.

Would you prefer seeing the current format of 7 rounds plus a **** ton of UDFA's, or expand the amount of rounds? Does anyone know why they reduced it to begin with?[/quote]

The institution of the cap and roster limits.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

But, why male models?
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

+ Reply to Thread