+ Reply to Thread

What are the chances that Brandon Weeden gets picked in round 1?

I know he is 28 and a lot of teams may not be willing to spend a high round pick on a guy that already up there in age. However, if you look at the Dolphins, Browns or Chiefs situation there could be a real possibility to that they could consider him.

I think for the Dolphins or the Chiefs to consider him, it would be via jumping back into the first round, which could be a help for the Giants if they want to move back. The Browns have the #22 pick which could also be an option.

This kid is talented and I would not be surprised to see him off the boards in the late first round.
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

Re: What are the chances that Brandon Weeden gets picked in round 1?

I can see a trade in the 20-32 range with a team coming back for him.

Browns also pick 22, so that is a prime spot for him on paper, now. That will most likely change.

I can see the scenario where the Browns select Richardson with the 4th pick, then come back with Weeden with the 22nd pick vs risking losing him until they pick in the second round at 37. They also need WR help which is deep in this draft so they can still get a quality receiver in round 2 if they want or even wait til later in round 3.

[quote user="gmen0820"]I can see a trade in the 20-32 range with a team coming back for him.

Browns also pick 22, so that is a prime spot for him on paper, now. That will most likely change.[/quote]

Dolphins pass on Tannehill at #8... take Melvin Ingram or Michael Brockers.... move back to into the late first round to grab Weeden. Dolphins need a lot more than just a QB and if a guy like Ingram is sitting there, I dont know how they can pass up on him.

Chiefs take DeCastro or Dontari Poe at #11... then, they make a move to get back in the late first round to pick up Weeden.

Both scenarios I can see happening, if both teams really l ike Weeden.

2014 Draft:

[quote user="DelawareGiants"]I can see the scenario where the Browns select Richardson with the 4th pick, then come back with Weeden with the 22nd pick vs risking losing him until they pick in the second round at 37. They also need WR help which is deep in this draft so they can still get a quality receiver in round 2 if they want or even wait til later in round 3.[/quote]

The kid has a big arm and in a cold weather city like Cleveland and a division where a big QB may be more durable, Cleveland at #22 seems like a perfect fit.

2014 Draft:

[quote user="Shockeyitus"][quote user="gmen0820"]I can see a trade in the 20-32 range with a team coming back for him.

Browns also pick 22, so that is a prime spot for him on paper, now. That will most likely change.[/quote]

Dolphins pass on Tannehill at #8... take Melvin Ingram or Michael Brockers.... move back to into the late first round to grab Weeden. Dolphins need a lot more than just a QB and if a guy like Ingram is sitting there, I dont know how they can pass up on him.

Chiefs take DeCastro or Dontari Poe at #11... then, they make a move to get back in the late first round to pick up Weeden.

Both scenarios I can see happening, if both teams really l ike Weeden.[/quote]I doubt Tannehill gets passed on by the Dolphins.

Ireland passed on Ryan in 2008, got an incredible LT, and Parcells still hinted at regret. QB is just so important, and Tannehill can be great with a QB head coach in Philbin.