+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

PFW Beat Writers Mock (4/24)

http://cache.profootballweekly.com/2...nts-mock-draft

Interesting, since all of the picks are made by the teams' beat writers . . . . . except that Paul Schwartz made the Giants pick (Fleener), whichprobably assures that we will not take Fleener. The guy is an idiot.

Re: PFW Beat Writers Mock (4/24)

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

Interesting, since all of the picks are made by the teams' beat writers . . . . . except that Paul Schwartz made the Giants pick (Fleener), whichprobably assures that we will not take Fleener. The guy is an idiot.

[/quote]

I just don't get the Fleener love affair. He might be there at 64 for all we know. I would just be so dissappointed if we picked him.

"Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

Interesting, since all of the picks are made by the teams' beat writers . . . . . except that Paul Schwartz made the Giants pick (Fleener), which*probably assures that we will not take Fleener.* The guy is an idiot.* *

[/quote]

I just don't get the Fleener love affair.* He might be there at 64 for all we know.* I would just be so dissappointed if we picked him.

[/quote]

Why? He's the best rated TE in this draft, played in a pro-style offense at Stanford under a coach who just took his NFL team to the NFC Championship, and he'll most likely be BPA on the boards if he drops to us.

And oh yeah, we need a TE desperately.

Why on earth would we take him?!
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

[/quote]

I just don't get the Fleener love affair. He might be there at 64 for all we know. I would just be so dissappointed if we picked him.

[/quote] Why? He's the best rated TE in this draft, played in a pro-style offense at Stanford under a coach who just took his NFL team to the NFC Championship, and he'll most likely be BPA on the boards if he drops to us. And oh yeah, we need a TE desperately. Why on earth would we take him?![/quote]

He's a Travis Beckum wannabe.

Unless this kid can block (which he can't) he serves no real purpose for our offense. Our problems on offense are in the running game. O line (where it seems there may not be value at 32) or RB (and there should be good value there at 32) would be my preference.

D line, O line and RB. to me those are our most pressing needs, especially if we deal Osi.

TE is way down the list....WAY down the list. Don't forget we also signed Bennett.

[quote user="Morehead State"]He's a Travis Beckum wannabe.

Unless this kid can block (which he can't) he serves no real purpose for our offense.* [/quote]

You havent actually watched Fleener play at all, have you?

Fleener is nothing like Beckum.

If you are going to make silly comparisons you need to back them up. He isnt a great blocker, but he is better than Beckum ever was and he has the potential to learn, where Beckum never really did.

He is much taller than Beckum and uses his height and size well to go up and get the ball out of the air with his hands, using his body to shield off defenders. This has made him a good red zone target. Beckum, on the other hand, has never ever been physical enough and has a bad habit of body catching when he shouldn't. He is terrible at using his body and is herefor very bad at being a red zone defender.

I would not be upset with a Fleener pick, although I do think he might be a bit overhyped right now. As I have said in the past, I think Dwayne Allen is much closer to Fleener in ability than most people. They are different types of players for sure, but comparable and you have heard very little in the media about Allen.

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

Interesting, since all of the picks are made by the teams' beat writers . . . . . except that Paul Schwartz made the Giants pick (Fleener), which*probably assures that we will not take Fleener.* The guy is an idiot.* *

[/quote]
    LOL!
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

[quote user="BlueSanta"]Fleener is nothing like Beckum.

If you are going to make silly comparisons you need to back them up. He isnt a great blocker, but he is better than Beckum ever was and he has the potential to learn, where Beckum never really did.

He is much taller than Beckum and uses his height and size well to go up and get the ball out of the air with his hands, using his body to shield off defenders. This has made him a good red zone target. Beckum, on the other hand, has never ever been physical enough and has a bad habit of body catching when he shouldn't. He is terrible at using his body and is herefor very bad at being a red zone defender.

I would not be upset with a Fleener pick, although I do think he might be a bit overhyped right now. As I have said in the past, I think Dwayne Allen is much closer to Fleener in ability than most people. They are different types of players for sure, but comparable and you have heard very little in the media about Allen.
    [/quote]

I was watching Sports Science the draft edition and they had Fleener burst off the line while tied to 2 Sumo wrestlers, he was so powerful and quick of the line that he pulled both of them (combined weight of over 600lbs) of their feet. He definitely has the power to blockhe just needs to be thought some technique

[quote user="michaelkhan3"][quote user="BlueSanta"]Fleener is nothing like Beckum.

[/quote]

I was watching Sports Science the draft edition and they had Fleener burst off the line while tied to 2 Sumo wrestlers, he was so powerful and quick of the line that he pulled both of them (combined weight of over 600lbs) of their feet. He definitely has the power to blockhe just needs to be thought some technique
    [/quote]
    That show could make you think a sloth has the speed of a cheetah

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Morehead State"]He's a Travis Beckum wannabe.

Unless this kid can block (which he can't) he serves no real purpose for our offense. [/quote] You havent actually watched Fleener play at all, have you?[/quote]

Only highlights. I admit that I don't know much about the kid. And its not the point.

A TE who's not "all world" like Russ Francis, isn't worth our first round pick given our team's situation. Our team has problems in the run game. We threw for 5000 yards and have a great passing attack. I know we need to go BPA. I get that. But a TE just makes no sense to me.

On our team, with the players we have now, its not an impactful position. Give me a TE who can block, I mean really block, and who can occasionally go get a pass and pick up a big first down. That would help the New York Giants.