+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Courtney Upshaw

Courtney Upshaw

On path to draft and some other sources, I've been hearing that he could drop because no one knows exactly where he fits in. On path to the draft (I think that's what the show was called) they said he could make it into the 2nd round. If he's there when we pick, I would LOVE to get him. I guess I'm all up on the Alabama band wagon for this first round. Hightower, and now Upshaw. I personally don't see any of chance of it happening, he's just too good... but if he was there at 32, WOW. Dude is workhorse and an absolutely animal on the field. In Alabama's game against Michigan State in 2010 he was making NFL caliber plays all over the field. When he first got to Alabama he was like 224 lbs. Now he's about 264.

Re: Courtney Upshaw

I really dont like him as a player. His lack of burst and flexibility scare me as an edge rusher.

I really dont like him as a player. His lack of burst and flexibility scare me as an edge rusher.

He's also not the mold of pass rusher the Giants generally like to grab (not as tall or weighty).

I think he projects as more of a 3-4 OLB.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="slipknottin"]I really dont like him as a player. His lack of burst and flexibility scare me as an edge rusher.[/quote]

Never seemed to stop him from being one of the most dominating pass rushers and defenders against the run in the toughest conference in CFB. When the guy was healthy he always seemed like one of the best players on the field. His speed to the outside is ridiculous as well. If you can get any footage of him in that bowl game against Michigan State, check it out. It was full of highlight film.

Problem is, the people paid to pick the best players will know the he's too good to let slip, but hearing the "experts" suggest it was a possibility got me excited.

[quote user="Kruunch"]He's also not the mold of pass rusher the Giants generally like to grab (not as tall or weighty).

I think he projects as more of a 3-4 OLB.[/quote]

This I can agree with. He doesn't seem to fit our mold but I think he'd be a helluva catch.

[quote user="slipknottin"]I really dont like him as a player. His lack of burst and flexibility scare me as an edge rusher.[/quote]

One thing he doesn't lack is a burst! He is described as explosive. Has does an explosive guy have a lack of burst? You don't like him as a player? What in the world???? He would be great for us but he won't be there!

[quote user="Shockeystays08"]One thing he doesn't lack is a burst! He is described as explosive. Has does an explosive guy have a lack of burst? You don't like him as a player? What in the world???? He would be great for us but he won't be there![/quote]

I see a very average burst. Not a speed rusher, hes a power rusher. He has very good heavy hands, and is effective with them.

I think he attributes better as a 3-4 OLB similar to a less athletic Lamarr Woodley

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Shockeystays08"]One thing he doesn't lack is a burst! He is described as explosive. Has does an explosive guy have a lack of burst? You don't like him as a player? What in the world???? He would be great for us but he won't be there![/quote]

I see a very average burst. Not a speed rusher, hes a power rusher. He has very good heavy hands, and is effective
    I think he attributes better as a 3-4 OLB similar to a less athletic Lamarr Woodley[/quote]

You nailed the hands thing. I agree with your 3-4 opinion. I for sure don't know where he will be best. I got to watch him almost every week for 2 years and I saw speed and power. He is a bit stiff if you wanna be picky but he's gonna make someone real happy At DE or OLB in a 3-4. I wouldn't mind him for us at 32 for DE but he is different from what we usually try to draft.

The ravens tried real hard a couple years back to find a rusher opposite Suggs when they picked up Sergio kindle in the 2nd. We all know how that worked out. I don't see upshaw making it past them.