+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TE COACH POPE ON COBY FLEENER

TE COACH POPE ON COBY FLEENER

"If it's gonna snow and the wind's gonna blow, we gotta run the ball, and we need tight ends who can block." ... As you likely know, there are some questions (from scouts) about Fleener's blocking ability. He's much more of a receiver than a blocker. In fact, some scouts see him as more of a WR than a TE.

Looks like we would go with Dwayne Allen first?

Re: TE COACH POPE ON COBY FLEENER

isnt dwayne allen a so-so blocker himself, just not as good a receiver as fleener? if anyone can coach a tight end to block, it's coach pope. look at what he did with shockey.

[quote user="jax5338"]isnt dwayne allen a so-so blocker himself, just not as good a receiver as fleener? if anyone can coach a tight end to block, it's coach pope. look at what he did with shockey.[/quote]

Then maybe he is blowing smoke to get Fleener. WHO KNOWS AHHHH

You know what?...to me this clears the air. I had this nagging feeling they might take fleener with the #32 pick and I was really hoping not...now do we trade down or get an RB...Dont'a Hightower is the likely guy though if he is available,if I was to believe all the talk.

Dwayne Allen has better hands than Fleener, and reportedly has worked hard on his blocking. Just go watch his tape...guy is a hands catcher.

[quote user="AllTuckedUp"]"If it's gonna snow and the wind's gonna blow, we gotta run the ball, and we need tight ends who can block." ... As you likely know, there are some questions (from scouts) about Fleener's blocking ability. He's much more of a receiver than a blocker. In fact, some scouts see him as more of a WR than a TE.

Looks like we would go with Dwayne Allen first?[/quote]

Not necessarily, we drafted Beckum he's not much of a blocker. Boss wasn't a great blocker either.
    In the tough times we find out who we are.

[quote user="Spedracer"]Dwayne Allen has better hands than Fleener, and reportedly has worked hard on his blocking. Just go watch his tape...guy is a hands catcher.[/quote]Allen has natural hands. He just plucks the ball out of the air. He is a hard working blocker, and he is great at it.

Bennett and Allen would be two mauling inline blockers, with a lot of upside in the pass game. I've said this a while, but we could run a 22/21 offense every week, and it would be so tough to stop.

source?

[quote user="Neverend"]source?[/quote]

Ralph V tweeted that SI Peter King said it in one of his articles. Can't find the article but the two are credible.

BTW, the article this was pulled out of has nothing to do with Fleener.

+ Reply to Thread