+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TE COACH POPE ON COBY FLEENER

Re: TE COACH POPE ON COBY FLEENER

[quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="Spedracer"]Dwayne Allen has better hands than Fleener, and reportedly has worked hard on his blocking. Just go watch his tape...guy is a hands catcher.[/quote]Allen has natural hands. He just plucks the ball out of the air. He is a hard working blocker, and he is great at it.

Bennett and Allen would be two mauling inline blockers, with a lot of upside in the pass game. I've said this a while, but we could run a 22/21 offense every week, and it would be so tough to stop.[/quote]

Would Allen be a reach at the end of the 2nd?

[quote user="gmen0820"]BTW, the article this was pulled out of has nothing to do with Fleener.[/quote]

Exactly.. i read this in a peter king excerpt about the giants.

cute little attempt by the OP

[quote user="LT_was_good"][quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="Spedracer"]Dwayne Allen has better hands than Fleener, and reportedly has worked hard on his blocking. Just go watch his tape...guy is a hands catcher.[/quote]Allen has natural hands. He just plucks the ball out of the air. He is a hard working blocker, and he is great at it.

Bennett and Allen would be two mauling inline blockers, with a lot of upside in the pass game. I've said this a while, but we could run a 22/21 offense every week, and it would be so tough to stop.[/quote]

Would Allen be a reach at the end of the 2nd?*
    [/quote]

no. in fact, we'd be lucky if he fell to that pick.

and we already have a great blocking TE in Bennett...

Dude we are NOT getting FLEENERRRRRRRR!

If Fleener is there we don't need him, bro we can draft Egnew from Missouri in the 4th round. He is bigger faster and catch better why waste a pick on Fleener when you can get the same type of player in the 4th round. Egnew stats dropped this year because he had a new QB and still had over 500 yards. Also the year before he had 900+ with Gabbert at QB who is now with Jacksonville Jags.

[quote user="NewYorkSwagg"]If Fleener is there we don't need him, bro we can draft Egnew from Missouri in the 4th round. He is bigger faster and catch better why waste a pick on Fleener when you can get the same type of player in the 4th round. Egnew stats dropped this year because he had a new QB and still had over 500 yards. Also the year before he had 900+ with Gabbert at QB who is now with Jacksonville Jags.[/quote]I don't like Egnew at all.

I think Coffman was even a better prospect than Egnew.

[quote user="gmen0820"]BTW, the article this was pulled out of has nothing to do with Fleener.[/quote]

exactly.

This absolutely means nothing about Fleener.

First, you have to make the conclusion that this article is implying the giants dont think Fleener can block.

Second you have to make the conclusion that this article means Beckum was at some point a wonderful blocker.

Third you have to make the conclusion that Pope believes Fleener can never become a good blocker.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="gmen0820"]BTW, the article this was pulled out of has nothing to do with Fleener.[/quote]

exactly.

First, you have to make the conclusion that this article is implying the giants dont think Fleener can block.

Second you have to make the conclusion that this article means Beckum was at some point a wonderful blocker.

Third you have to make the conclusion that Pope believes Fleener can never become a good blocker.[/quote] I think Fleener gets picked before the Giants anyway.

[quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="NewYorkSwagg"]If Fleener is there we don't need him, bro we can draft Egnew from Missouri in the 4th round. He is bigger faster and catch better why waste a pick on Fleener when you can get the same type of player in the 4th round. Egnew stats dropped this year because he had a new QB and still had over 500 yards. Also the year before he had 900+ with Gabbert at QB who is now with Jacksonville Jags.[/quote]I don't like Egnew at all.

I think Coffman was even a better prospect than Egnew.[/quote]Michael "Bubble Screen " Egnew. He has the most padded numbers of any player in this draft. Im not even exaggerating by saying at least half of his catches are bubble screens. Why do u think Fleeners YPC doubles Egnews. I dont even know how u can grade Egnew properly. All he does is stand in the slot catches a bubble screen runs 5 yards and gets tackled. At least with Fleener I see him running the route tree getting separation on CB's at 6'6 247.Fleener is so much more fluid and explosive its not even close

Veteran

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="gmen0820"]BTW, the article this was pulled out of has nothing to do with Fleener.[/quote]

exactly.

Third you have to make the conclusion that Pope believes Fleener can never become a good blocker.[/quote] I think Fleener gets picked before the Giants anyway.[/quote]

Id say Houston takes him in the first, Allen on the other hand should NOT be taken with our first. He would be decent value at then end of round 2

+ Reply to Thread