+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

My Draft thoughts

If either Konz C or Zeitler G both out of Wisconsin are there take one of them with #1 pick. I kind of doubt they will be though.

So, then I say pass on TE Fleener (sign D Clark if able) and pick up Wilson RB or Martin RB. One or both should be available....I would lean toward Martin.

BPA for OL in 2nd (unless 1st pick as above is OL, then BPA regardless)

Then BPA on Defense in 3rd and 1st pick in 4th

Then maybe a dark horse WR with 2nd pick in 4th.

Re: My Draft thoughts

Ya I like your thoughts since we added another LB I think we may move kiwi back to DE some this yr and next and look at Sanu from Rutgers late an the RB from Utah State. But you never know with Jerry he may go DE first round

If, Dont'a Hightower is at 32 it's almost guaranteed the Giants is taking him so everyone should be focused on what Steelers will do with they pick. Because if they pick Hightower that's when it get's interesting because clearly the Giants really like that MLB. But I say go Doug Martin because there are plenty good OT in the 2nd and 3rd round if Hightower is not available.

Zeitler is an interesting guy . . . seems versatile . . . apparently he worked out G an C during the pre-draft process . . . .

Zeitler seems too safe for our 1st round selection. I think he would be a good, solid player for anyone but I don't see him being in the Carl Nicks, Chris Snee, and Marshal Yanda crowd.

Good value if we could get him in the 3rd though.

We only have 1 4th round pick now since the Rivers trade

Veteran

Why do we only have one fourth rounder - we traded a 5th for Rivers.

I seriously doubt it's an offensive lineman, or RB in the first round. If Fleener's there he's a Giant. If Hightower's there he MIGHT be a Giant. Chances are that we'll see a beast of a DT available, and he'll be a Giant.

[quote user="FroZeNx31x"]We only have 1 4th round pick now since the Rivers trade[/quote]

We traded a 5th for Rivers

[quote user="keyofgmen"]If either Konz C or Zeitler G both out of Wisconsin are there take one of them with #1 pick. I kind of doubt they will be though.

So, then I say pass on TE Fleener (sign D Clark if able) and pick up Wilson RB or Martin RB. One or both should be available....I would lean toward Martin.

BPA for OL in 2nd (unless 1st pick as above is OL, then BPA regardless)

Then BPA on Defense in 3rd and 1st pick in 4th

Then maybe a dark horse WR with 2nd pick in 4th.[/quote]Why Konz is impressive I wouldnt touch him with his injury history