+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Giants Top 5 Targets for Round 1...... bank it!

Re: Giants Top 5 Targets for Round 1...... bank it!

[quote user="GGTM_1977"]Don't understand the obsession with Fleener or HIghtower. Fleener is more of a receiving TE and not so much a blocking one, if we draft him we may as well just list him as a WR if thats what he comes here for. I don't like the idea of a LB with the 1st unless its Kuechly...the other prospects have a 3-4 defense feel to them. If we go RB I won't be disappointed......if we go Dline I will be happy. I also am one that would love a WR like Hill or Randle at this pick, since Eli can always use more weapons.[/quote]

This is becoming a pass happy league and running backs are now splitting carries more often. Why waste a first round pick on a guy that is going to split carries? Fleener is a legit receiving threat and does an above average job blocking. He will be a perfect fit for the Giants offense.

Hightower is a guy I really like and his football IQ is extremely high. I have no doubts that he could convert to a 4-3 defense and become a pro bowler. Kuechly is obviously the prize of the LB's, but he very well may be gone.

I dont like the Ruben Randle pick at #32. Thats a reach.
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

1 - Andrew Luck
    2 - Trent Richardson
    3 - Matt Kalil
    4 - Morris Claiborne
    5 - Justin Blackmon

Odds of any of these guys being there at 32 is 1000-1. But my point is that in all likelihood, somebody unforseen will drop to 32.

Giants top-5 likely picks?? Never!!
    Giants top-5 targets. . .I'd say so.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="Morehead State"] If Jonathan Martin is there I think we would snap him up in a heartbeat.

Best chance of the 5 is probably Still and then Martin.

[/quote]To play what position, we already have Will Beatty as our starting LT and Jon Martin is strictly an LT, or at least from what ive read/seen on tape
    [/quote]

To develop into a solid LT. Draftees are prospects Kase. Your logic goes against JR's philosophy. (See........JPP)

[/quote] See Prince Amukumura when you all ready have Webster, TT, Ross, B.Johnson, as your top 4 CB's.. I think your right if Johnathan Martin is on the board, the giants will pounce.. I also think he will be fine to play RT in the NFL, if thats where we decide to try him... Actually, there are some people out there that think Martin is a RT in the pros, due to his having troubles at times with Speed rushers.. Also, i've read where people think bringing him along at RT, and refining his game to the pros before shifting em to the blind side..Hes a fantastic run blocker, and i just think it'd be to much value for reese to pass up if hes on the board..[/quote]

That was my argument to Kase. I think you should draft BPA even if we don't have an immediate need. I loved the Prince pick last year, and like most of us, I was watching his drop as he fell to us.

He was claiming that we have Beatty so why draft a potential LT. I was only suggesting that he was being inconsistent. For the record, Will Beatty has proven nothing at all. LT is a huge question mark for us.

I can't think of a single player we could draft that would start for us week one. Unless we have another rash of injuries. But in the TE matter, I just don't see a need, not because we have players ahead of him, but because its not what our team, given our style, needs.

[/quote] yup, and i was adding, that Martin actually is a possible RT in the pros, at least thats what some think.. And obviously, we could use competiton for the starting RT spot now, and also depth at T in general, which Martin could give us at both T spots... I do like the signing of Locklear, but that is not anything longterm.. Another words, with Martin, your not only getting great value, u can certainly justify the need as well, which is best of both worlds...

I actually think TE could easily start , and is more of a need then u think.. Contrary to current belief, ELI likes his TE's, and i beleive if he had a really talented one, the TE would be even more of a factor.. Kevin Boss, Jake Ballard, Beckum, are just not bigtime TE's, but solid ones, and i believe that a Talented TE would put up even more numbers then them, just like Shockey did when he was here... Shockey had 60plus catches and 6plus TDs in each of ELI's first 3yrs in the league and was well on his way during the 07 season before injury.. We just haven't had a talented TE, but averege ones, that kinda max out on there ability around 30-45 catches... FLeener or Dwayne Allen would be more productive then Ballard and Boss were for us, assuming they panned out as prospects..

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="Kase-1"]Top 5 1st Round Targets

Cordy Glenn, OL
    Devon Still, DT
    Mark Barron, Safety
    Whitney Mercilus, DE
    Luke Kuechly, MLB

[/quote]

OK Kase, you just suggested a LT is a bad choice because we have a guy (who has started 10 games in his entire career with mixed results at best) at LT.

Well we have two solid DT's, we have two outstanding safeties, we have 3 outstanding DE's and Kuechly will be gone probably in the top 10.

You're a lovely chap but your being inconsistent.

[/quote]
    Yes we could use some depth behind Will Beatty but its not worth a 1st round pick. If Martin could play either tackle spot like Adams then I wouldnt mind it at all, but every 'expert' out there projects him as an LT and at this point in time we need an RT. I wouldnt mind Martin in the 2nd if we could mold him into an RT, but he'll probably get snatched up to be someones LT

We have 2 solid DTs and zero depth behind them, and we love to rotate guys on our DL to keep fresh legs in there. Right now in addition to Canty and LJ, we have a guy who hasnt played in a game since 09 and a practice squad player. That along with the fact that Devon Still plays like a beast seems like a reasonable option for a 1st, not my fav option but a viable one none the less

We have 2 outstanding safety's but no depth behind them either, well other than Sash who played mostly special teams. Barron is by far the best safety in this draft and KP is a FA next season (i believe)

3 outstanding DE's?? You mean 1 outstanding DE, 1 DE who is never happy, has 1 season left on his deal, and might as well have 1 foot out the door, and 1 DE who has been out with injury just about every other season or playing through an injury

Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Starter

[quote user="RagTime Blue"]1 - Andrew Luck
    2 - Trent Richardson
    3 - Matt Kalil
    4 - Morris Claiborne
    5 - Justin Blackmon

Odds of any of these guys being there at 32 is 1000-1. But my point is that in all likelihood, somebody unforseen will drop to 32.

Giants top-5 likely picks?? Never!!
    Giants top-5 targets. . .I'd say so.
    [/quote]

Yeah anything can happen when you factor in the "dumpicslide"

[quote user="Shockeyitus"][quote user="Martyr"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

I'm a Fleener guy, but I have a feeling that Zeitler could be the pick . . . .

[/quote]

I'd be thrilled with Zeitler

[/quote]

Zeitler reminds me a lot of Snee and Seubert... Just a tough SOB that likes toget nasty and maul someone. I don't hate the pick.[/quote]
    Yep, we are running empty in the nasty indicator on the O line, he could be a great value need pick .
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Cordy Glenn, OL
    Devon Still, DT
    Mark Barron, Safety
    Whitney Mercilus, DE
    Luke Kuechly, MLB

[/quote]

OK Kase, you just suggested a LT is a bad choice because we have a guy (who has started 10 games in his entire career with mixed results at best) at LT.

Well we have two solid DT's, we have two outstanding safeties, we have 3 outstanding DE's and Kuechly will be gone probably in the top 10.

[/quote]
    Yes we could use some depth behind Will Beatty but its not worth a 1st round pick. If Martin could play either tackle spot like Adams then I wouldnt mind it at all, but every 'expert' out there projects him as an LT and at this point in time we need an RT. I wouldnt mind Martin in the 2nd if we could mold him into an RT, but he'll probably get snatched up to be someones LT

We have 2 solid DTs and zero depth behind them, and we love to rotate guys on our DL to keep fresh legs in there. Right now in addition to Canty and LJ, we have a guy who hasnt played in a game since 09 and a practice squad player. That along with the fact that Devon Still plays like a beast seems like a reasonable option for a 1st, not my fav option but a viable one none the less

We have 2 outstanding safety's but no depth behind them either, well other than Sash who played mostly special teams. Barron is by far the best safety in this draft and KP is a FA next season (i believe)

3 outstanding DE's?? You mean 1 outstanding DE, 1 DE who is never happy, has 1 season left on his deal, and might as well have 1 foot out the door, and 1 DE who has been out with injury just about every other season or playing through an injury

[/quote] Theres plenty of people who think Martin could hold down RT while waiting for LT, or sticking at RT possibly..

[quote user="G-Men Surg."][quote user="Shockeyitus"][quote user="Martyr"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

I'm a Fleener guy, but I have a feeling that Zeitler could be the pick . . . .

[/quote]

I'd be thrilled with Zeitler

[/quote]

Zeitler reminds me a lot of Snee and Seubert... Just a tough SOB that likes toget nasty and maul someone. I don't hate the pick.[/quote]
    Yep, we are running empty in the nasty indicator on the O line, he could be a great value need pick .[/quote]Beatty wouldn't know nasty if it hit him in the face. I agree. This would be a very nice add.
    No one remembers who came in second.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Cordy Glenn, OL
    Devon Still, DT
    Mark Barron, Safety
    Whitney Mercilus, DE
    Luke Kuechly, MLB

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] Theres plenty of people who think Martin could hold down RT while waiting for LT, or sticking at RT possibly..[/quote]I guess we've been reading different reports. Martin seems like Will Beattty 2.0
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

I was never sold on Martin, DeCastro was so goo that it protected Martins game...

I also, started this thread and "banked" on five players to be on our roster tonight...BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

+ Reply to Thread