+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

#32 New York Giants Draft Predictions

So whats your official or final predictions for the #32 pick for the Giants in the 2012 Draft?
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Veteran

Re: #32 New York Giants Draft Predictions

Ugh it's so hard to know who's going to make it there.

I'm gonna go with... Chandler Jones

Prob won't be there, but I can totally see them taking a DE

peter king had a very 'giants' like pick in his mock.

Harrison Smith, Safety, Notre Dame.

"....a 47-game college starter and eager special-teamer will be too much for G.M. Jerry Reese to pass up."

with that first pick they usually grab something that positionally is suprising.

this fits that bill.

Doug Martin
    The Gigalo with the most below

Michael Brockers, DT from LSU.

Making a bold prediction here and think he could drop ala Prince due to his very raw pass rushing abilities as of now. Very big frame at 6'6 and 322lbs, he isn't done growing yet either. He could play occasional snaps for a year or two until Canty's time is up.
    3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick

1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
    2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
    3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
    4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
    5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
    5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
    6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF

[quote user="TheEnigma"]Michael Brockers, DT from LSU.

Making a bold prediction here and think he could drop ala Prince due to his very raw pass rushing abilities as of now. Very big frame at 6'6 and 322lbs, he isn't done growing yet either. He could play occasional snaps for a year or two until Canty's time is up.[/quote]

no way he gets passed early 20's but it would be nice...

i've gone thru a bunch of mocks just to see who could drop...

one of em i had chandler jones dropping (i think he's gonna be the best defensive player from this draft), had kendall wright drop to us, of course i've had fleener drop to us, had one where jenkins would be available but i doubt we draft him, if he had no off field issues he'd be the 1 ranked DB imho...i like Mayocks mock where he has Martin dropping to us...

cannot wait til tmrw night...

and i think theres a mod who dislikes me or something, i made one draft post here and it was to let everyone know Mayock had Martin drop to us, within 5 min it was moved...i've had several posts moved for some reason and when another person makes the same post that got me moved, theres stays...eh whatev

Veteran

I wanna say Doug Martin... But I believe it'll be Devon Still .. which is not bad either.

[quote user="GMenNY21"]I wanna say Doug Martin... But I believe it'll be Devon Still .. which is not bad either.[/quote]

am i the only one who feels he's a 2nd round prospect? i dont see him being worthy of a 1rst...especially if we could wait til the end of the 2nd maybe even 3rd and get reyes...

[quote user="giantsfan420"]

no way he gets passed early 20's but it would be nice...

i've gone thru a bunch of mocks just to see who could drop...

one of em i had chandler jones dropping (i think he's gonna be the best defensive player from this draft), had kendall wright drop to us, of course i've had fleener drop to us, had one where jenkins would be available but i doubt we draft him, if he had no off field issues he'd be the 1 ranked DB imho...i like Mayocks mock where he has Martin dropping to us...

cannot wait til tmrw night...

and i think theres a mod who dislikes me or something, i made one draft post here and it was to let everyone know Mayock had Martin drop to us, within 5 min it was moved...i've had several posts moved for some reason and when another person makes the same post that got me moved, theres stays...eh whatev[/quote]I can't see Chandler Jones dropping at this point. Too many teams in the top 20 are reported to be in love with what this kid brings to the table and guys like Coples (motivation), Ingram (size and where does he fit?) and Upshaw (Lack of explosion and power) are all possibilities to be drafted after Jones.

Kendall Wright...He could be a good receiver but the question is what round/range is a good value for him? Would we even be talking about him if RG3 wasn't his QB? I think guys like Randle, Jeffery, and Sanu are better prospects but it's not like he's a bust either way.

Fleener would make me happy but I think too many teams will be interested to have him drop to us.

Jenkins...god no. NYC is the last place to bring knuckleheads in the round 1/2 area.

As for Brockers, let me go more in depth. Fletcher Cox at this point is the unanimous #1 selection at DT due to his superior pass rushing ability compared to the competition. It's sort of a toss up after that left to opinion. Poe doesn't show much in college production but some team is going to take chance on a 346lb man who has amazing speed and power for his size, hoping to get the next JPP. After that, it comes down to Worthy or Brockers and I see Worthy going to the Broncos since he fits that system pretty good.

And I think your stuff is being moved because it's about the NFL Draft and not general Giants news. I don't agree with it since the draft is this week, tomorrow even, but thems the rules I guess.
    3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick

1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
    2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
    3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
    4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
    5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
    5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
    6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="GMenNY21"]I wanna say Doug Martin... But I believe it'll be Devon Still .. which is not bad either.[/quote]

am i the only one who feels he's a 2nd round prospect? i dont see him being worthy of a 1rst...especially if we could wait til the end of the 2nd maybe even 3rd and get reyes...[/quote]

Its a matter of opinion but we do have the 32nd pick in the draft which is pretty much a 2nd round pick.
    The Gigalo with the most below