+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

I say Doug Martin in the 1st Round

For a while I've been wanting either a D-lineman or player in the Secondary in the 1st (as long as they were BPA), but now I'm REALLY hoping that Doug Martin (RB - Boise) will be available for us with the 32nd pick.

The more I read about him, the more impressed I am. Martin can run, catch, is not easy to bring down, loves pass-blocking, and apparently is the ultimate team guy and a leader:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2012&genpos=RB

Pretty much all of the mocks I've seen have him falling to the 2nd round, but I'm really hoping that we take this guy. I think that he will be BPA by the 32nd pick.

Plus, we already lost so much depth on offense with MM and Jacobs leaving, and Ballard and Beckum injured. I'm really hoping that we take Martin.

Re: I say Doug Martin in the 1st Round

+1....I love his speed and his cutting...I know he hasn't faced the toughest competition but I think him and Bradshaw splitting carries could be awesome for our offense

I'd love if we got him but I feel like that's a 20% possibility...my gut feeling says we go OL
    Odell Beckham Junior: The future of the Giants

I would be fine with it. We could probably even trade down a few spots if there was a team looking to go up and still get him in the early 2nd while picking up an extra pick or two. I'm very high on him as well, my favorite back after Richardson in this draft. Personally I don't think Wilson is a great idea, fumblitis, terrible blocker, not very physical and he doesn't have the vision Martin has.

Veteran

Any info on Rb Polk from Washington?

Doug Martin would be a terrific pick. This is a pretty good draft for first round talent.

I am also on the Doug Martin wagon
    The Gigalo with the most below

Doug Martin - Tiki Barber without all of the blonde interns and Eli hate

[quote user="TheEnigma"]Doug Martin - Tiki Barber without all of the blonde interns and Eli hate[/quote]

+1

Throw me on the Doug Martin bandwagon.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="TheEnigma"]Doug Martin - Tiki Barber without all of the blonde interns and Eli hate[/quote]
    +1....funny because I imagined him in a Big Blue uniform and I couldn't help but be reminded of Tiki....such a similar running style
    Odell Beckham Junior: The future of the Giants

Id be shocked if it isnt a Defensive Lineman.