+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I say Doug Martin in the 1st Round

Re: I say Doug Martin in the 1st Round

it'd be kinda stupid to draft a rb in rd 1 tho unless there was only one or two of the top rb prospects left...we could wait until round 2 and see which of the top prospects at rb are still there
    "The OL is good enough for most of Eli's supposed peers..."

[quote user="giantsfan420"]it'd be kinda stupid to draft a rb in rd 1 tho unless there was only one or two of the top rb prospects left...we could wait until round 2 and see which of the top prospects at rb are still there[/quote]
    Agree, I don't want any rb in the first unless his name is Trent Richardson.

How many successful Giants running backs have been drafted in the first round? Rodney Hampton is the only recent one that comes to mind. Need I bring up the names Tyrone Wheatley, or even worse, Rocky Thompson? I'd be freaking shocked if we saw a running back before round 3.

Problem is that the # 32 pretty much is in the 2nd round and I don't think that Martin will fall to us at the end of the 2nd.

I don't know college players like other board members, so I'm just going off of what I've read about him.

He sounds REALLY solid all the way around AND we've lost a lot of depth on the O. I originally wanted D, but the more I read about Martin the more I think that he sounds like he is 1st round talent.

[quote user="quan the don"][quote user="giantsfan420"]it'd be kinda stupid to draft a rb in rd 1 tho unless there was only one or two of the top rb prospects left...we could wait until round 2 and see which of the top prospects at rb are still there[/quote]
    Agree, I don't want any rb in the first unless his name is Trent Richardson.[/quote]I think T-Rich is gonna be the only RB drafted in the 1st

.... Hate away, LOL
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Just one opinion but Mike Mayock has Martin listed as the 17th best player in the draft (see CGY Giant's post). That puts him ahead of Upshaw, Harrison Smith, Couples, Worthy, and Glenn. That's impressive.

The more I read about Martin, the more I like him.

id like the gmen to squeeze a draft pick from the colts #33 who want fleener to team with his college QB luck..the OL cant block for the running game so a rb would be a waste like a wr is a waste for the jets..build up the DL early ,sprinkle in a te, wr, & rb & get safety help too

[quote user="NorwoodBlue"]How many successful Giants running backs have been drafted in the first round? Rodney Hampton is the only recent one that comes to mind. Need I bring up the names Tyrone Wheatley, or even worse, Rocky Thompson? I'd be freaking shocked if we saw a running back before round 3.
    [/quote]

Like every other position it is a mixed bag. The GIANTS will probably go BPA. We need RBs, and Martin seems like a pretty good prospect.

I would prefer a DE or a CB, but if Martin is BPA, then I have no issue grabbing him. Put as many weapons around Eli as you can and let this offense go.

[quote user="TheEnigma"]Doug Martin - Tiki Barber without all of the blonde interns and Eli hate[/quote]

+1

Throw me on the Doug Martin bandwagon.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="quan the don"][quote user="giantsfan420"]it'd be kinda stupid to draft a rb in rd 1 tho unless there was only one or two of the top rb prospects left...we could wait until round 2 and see which of the top prospects at rb are still there[/quote]
    Agree, I don't want any rb in the first unless his name is Trent Richardson.[/quote]I think T-Rich is gonna be the only RB drafted in the 1st

.... Hate away, LOL
    [/quote]

I totally agree. [b]
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

+ Reply to Thread