+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I say Doug Martin in the 1st Round

Re: I say Doug Martin in the 1st Round

[quote user="TheEnigma"]Doug Martin - Tiki Barber without all of the blonde interns and Eli hate[/quote]
    +1....funny because I imagined him in a Big Blue uniform and I couldn't help but be reminded of Tiki....such a similar running style
    Odell Beckham Junior: The future of the Giants

[quote user="Tommy_Ribs"][quote user="NorwoodBlue"]How many successful Giants running backs have been drafted in the first round?* Rodney Hampton is the only recent one that comes to mind.* Need I bring up the names Tyrone Wheatley, or even worse, Rocky Thompson?* I'd be freaking shocked if we saw a running back before round 3.
    [/quote]

Like every other position it is a mixed bag.* The GIANTS will probably go BPA.* We need RBs, and Martin seems like a pretty good prospect.

I would prefer a DE or a CB, but if Martin is BPA, then I have no issue grabbing him.* Put as many weapons around Eli as you can and let this offense go.
    [/quote]
    From what I've been reading about him, he sounds like the BPA by # 32 -- he sounds absolutely solid all the way around and a solid leader/person to boot.

[quote user="JJC7301"]
    From what I've been reading about him, he sounds like the BPA by # 32[/quote]

unless you have him rated as a top 10 pick, how can you tell he will be the BPA there at 32?

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="JJC7301"]
    From what I've been reading about him, he sounds like the BPA by # 32[/quote]

unless you have him rated as a top 10 pick, how can you tell he will be the BPA there at 32?[/quote]
    I have a feeling that he'll be picked before the 32nd. I haven't seen many, or any, mocks with him going in the 1st, but I think that he'll be gone. I think that at least one other RB besides Richardson will go in the 1st round and it will be Martin.

In terms of his value at the 32nd pick, I'm just going off of what I've read about all of the top 50 picks or so and I think that Martin really sounds like a very solid all-around player worthy of a # 1.

He is worth the #32 pick imo....there's always a risk for every player coming out of college but I think based on what he's done, he deserves it in my eyes
    Odell Beckham Junior: The future of the Giants

[quote user="NorwoodBlue"]How many successful Giants running backs have been drafted in the first round?* Rodney Hampton is the only recent one that comes to mind.* Need I bring up the names Tyrone Wheatley, or even worse, Rocky Thompson?* I'd be freaking shocked if we saw a running back before round 3.
    [/quote]

To be fair to Wheatley, when he was drafted Dan Reeves had been pushing George Young to draft Rashaan Salaam. Not happy with the selection and a supposed weight issue Wheatley entered Reeves' dog house and never made it out. He never got a shot under Reeves.

I think the weight issue thing was kind of like how Mike Shanahan used the whole cardiovascular endurance thing to keep Albert Haynesworth from playing.

Could u imagine this team with a Ray Rice/MJD type back to go with Ahmad Bradshaw? Now, of course its possible that Martin busts, but that is the type of back he resembles, and i imagine itd be hard to let that possiblity pass u by, if he is in fact on the board...

+ Reply to Thread