+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

hmmm osi for a third?

Jason La Canfora JasonLaCanfora

@

If a team came a callin' the Giants this week, offering say a 3rd round pick for Osi, can't help but think things could get interesting

Re: hmmm osi for a third?

I'd say we'd want more than a 3rd.

Unless I could predict the future and find the biggest stud ever in the 3rd round, I would keep osi, let him play out his days here. Worth more than a 3rd! Plus I'm confident that we would get a compensatory pick for him??? Right..... That would be no less than a 4th.. So were better off that road

[quote user="Pa1jintfan"]Unless I could predict the future and find the biggest stud ever in the 3rd round, I would keep osi, let him play out his days here. Worth more than a 3rd! Plus I'm confident that we would get a compensatory pick for him??? Right..... That would be no less than a 4th.. So were better off that road[/quote]
    I'm thinking we'd need at least a 2 and a 5, or a 3++ to deal Osi. Otherwise, it's worth more to us keeping him and then taking whatever comp pick we might get for him after he leaves in FA.

No way we trade him for less than a 2nd

An early 3rd would be a fair starting point in discussions for Osi. The biggest thing that holds him back is his age. He doesn't offer a team a long term solution at rushing the passer so it would have to be a playoff caliber team that shows interest.

We're probably better off keeping Osi for his contract year and taking a DE in the early to mid rounds unless a team offers a 1st which you absolutely have to take.

Couldn't we get a 3rd (or at least a 4th) as a compensatory pick if he walks after his contract is up at the end of the season? If so, why would we trade him for a3rd now?

All-Pro

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

Couldn't we get a 3rd (or at least a 4th) as a compensatory pick if he walks after his contract is up at the end of the season? If so, why would we trade him for a3rd now?

[/quote] I tried to figure this out "what the rule is for comp picks" There is a fomula....but I'm with you here they will get some kind of comp pick.....Play him

Starter

No way the FO can afford to give in if he decides to hold out. Make him play out his final year and part ways next year. He can go finish his career in Oakland

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

Couldn't we get a 3rd (or at least a 4th) as a compensatory pick if he walks after his contract is up at the end of the season?* If so, why would we trade him for a*3rd now?

[/quote]yes its stupid to trade him for anything less then a 2nd.He is going to play and play hard if he wants to get paid next season