+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Who is the best player the Giants can hope for in the 1st round?

Veteran

Who is the best player the Giants can hope for in the 1st round?

I remember last season people here were speculating on who might fall to the Giants. NOBODY thought we had a chance to get Prince, which speaks to how unpredictable the draft could be.

So without being totally unrealistic, what do you think is the best case scenario for the giants in the 1st?

Veteran

Re: Who is the best player the Giants can hope for in the 1st round?

Even though he's projected as a late 1st-early 2nd round pick I would love it if Doug Martin fell to the giants. I really think there's a decent chance someone like Den, GB, or NE takes him in the first round.

Check out the tape Redeye compiled of him in the vid thread. He has fantastic lower body strength...I don't think the Ray Rice comparisons are that far off

Theres a bunch

Cox
    Kuechly
    Kirkpatrick
    DeCastro
    I would argue Brockers though others may disagree.

My guess would be mike Adams since he got caught blazing

Of the guy who *could* drop to us but prolly wont, I still like Cordy Glenn. I know he doesnt play a sexy position, but I dont care. He is just good.

Last week, I would have said Stephen Gilmore, because I think he is a very good player and still do. But I no longer think there is a chance he will fall to 32.

Glenn scares me. Im not sure he is capable of bending his knees, so either he plays nearly straight upright, or he bends at the waist, both highly undesirable attributes. I think he really struggles to move laterally, and while hes strong, I dont think he is particularly good with his hands, just seems to try to latch on, NFL DLs are either going to knock his hands off, or hes going to be called for holding an awful lot.

He could possibly project as a good guard, simply due to his size and power, and he can move ok for a big man, so he will be able to get to the second level, but he still frightens me.

If you look through NFL rosters, how many good guards are there that are 6'5+ and 345+ pounds. Carl Nicks is about the only guy I can think of. And while he is an example of a guy that size being effective, it also shows that he is the exception, not the norm.

+ Reply to Thread