+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

No shot for Bennet?

Am I the only that thinks MB will produce as good if not better then ballard? I think getting him was a steal but no one is talking about him. "we need to draft fleener" Is all I see when I think we have someone as capable

All-Pro

Re: No shot for Bennet?

i think if we just had acquired him there would be more of a buzz

but you know, it's a short attn span world and that deal went down a month+ ago

personally, altho i know little about Bennett, i'm anxious to see him in Blue ... he certainly looks the part

don't worry, Jerry's got in all covered

I think Bennet is suspect in his wirk ethic and his catching ability. He's more athletic than Ballard. Even from Ballard's small body of work I'd say he has softer hands and better blocking than Bennett.

I'm not big on Fleener. I want 2 dimensional TE- a great run blocker with soft hands.I'm looking for a poor man's Bavaro clone not a Jimmy Graham clone.I think we can get that in the lower rounds.

In the tough times we find out who we are.

i expect bennett to make a ton of plays for us, but remember, he and ballard are only signed to 1 yr contracts. and ballard, who already was slow, is coming off an injury where a lot of players lose a step...if ballard loses a step i just cant see how he'd be effective as a starter at all...

but fleener would be the backup to bennett with pascoe as the 3rd string/fb back up.

i'd rather get a wr but if fleener is there i'm all for it.

I'll take MB over JB any day of the week. I think the guy is going to break out with Eli as his QB. Just think of the plays that JB made and his lack of athletic ability. Big year for MB!!

[quote user="Idkaname"]Am I the only that thinks MB will produce as good if not better then ballard? I think getting him was a steal but no one is talking about him. "we need to draft fleener" Is all I see when I think we have someone as capable[/quote]

Bennet has to prove he's anything more than a big body.
    I have met you. You dont even look good in a winter coat let alone a wet t-shirt... -GameTime

[quote user="Dirt66"]I'll take MB over JB any day of the week. I think the guy is going to break out with Eli as his QB. Just think of the plays that JB made and his lack of athletic ability. Big year for MB!![/quote]

If he breaks out it's not b/c Eli was his QB its b/c he would be the No. 1 TE for the Giants. Witten, Bryant, and Miles don't seem to have a problem making playswith Romo at QB.

In the tough times we find out who we are.

i literally don't give a flying fadoo about his receiving ability, or lack thereof.

we haven't had a really good blocking TE since Shockey left. Boss had to work at becoming a better blocker, but was never great, both Jake and Bear have the size but they struggled significantly in blocking last year.

The one thing people haven't questioned about Bennett is his blocking ability.

If that's all he brings to this team, it'll be a major improvement over what we've had for some time.

I think the fact that it only a 1 year deal has people looking to the future.

[quote user="nygsb42champs"]I think the fact that it only a 1 year deal has people looking to the future.[/quote]

Reeese is giving him a chance to show his potential with the 1 year contract!

if he proves to be a nice fit for the G-Men he'll get his money next year!