Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: We can be a part of history on Black History Month

[quote user="MoonDog"]because its a freakin useless fact that is totally irrevlevant to anything.
    [/quote]

no, it's pretty important, maybe not to the game on sunday, but for the black community and anyone that cares about the black community.

it's important for the same reason as if Barak Obama were to be elected as president because it helps prove that african americans can be just as smart as white people, believe it or not there are people out there who think they arn't.

and im not black, i just think your comment is ignorant.

[quote user="Big Blue Flu"][quote user="MoonDog"]because its a freakin useless fact that is totally irrevlevant to anything.
    [/quote]

no, it's pretty important, maybe not to the game on sunday, but for the black community and anyone that cares about the black community.

it's important for the same reason as if Barak Obama were to be elected as president because it helps prove that african americans can be just as smart as white people.

and im not black, i just think your comment is ignorant and selfish, next time think before you post something like that.
    [/quote]

Ok so your telling me that the first ever african american GM in the superbowlis just as important as the president as the united states?

And African Americans are just as smart as white people? I didnt realize african americans were all retarted? I guess thats your theory, My point is make a thread like this when we seal the deal... until then its useless.

All-Pro

[quote user="MOOK3456"][quote user="BJacobs27"]yeah reese is the 3rd one in nfl history, other is Ozzie Newsome who became it in 2002 for Ravens, and the other one is in ATL...
    Mike Carey is the first black ref in the SB...

but isnt almost every SB now in february?[/quote]

nope. Reese is the 1st.

Newsome was director of player/personnel..Not GM until after the SB in 2000.

And I have no idea who in Atl you're talking about. Thomas Dimitroff is GM in Atl. He replaced Rich Mckay.

[/quote]
    i meant 3rd GM in NFL history... sorry i wasn't clear. we also hired JR on MLK day last year or close to it right?

All-Pro

[quote user="MOOK3456"].

Newsome was director of player/personnel..Not GM until after the SB in 2000.

And I have no idea who in Atl you're talking about. Thomas Dimitroff is GM in Atl. He replaced Rich Mckay.

[/quote]

ERRR not ATL, Houston Texans, its been a rough night for me, my apologies

[quote user="BlueNred2theEnd"]

[quote user="Big Blue Flu"][quote user="MoonDog"]because its a freakin useless fact that is totally irrevlevant to anything.
    [/quote]

it's important for the same reason as if Barak Obama were to be elected as president because it helps prove that african americans can be just as smart as white people.

and im not black, i just think your comment is ignorant and selfish, next time think before you post something like that.
    [/quote]

Ok so your telling me that the first ever african american GM in the superbowlis just as important as the president as the united states?

And African Americans are just as smart as white people? I didnt realize african americans were all retarted? I guess thats your theory, My point is make a thread like this when we seal the deal... until then its useless.

[/quote]

You don't understand what I'm saying...

I did NOT say that one is more imporatant than the other but that they are important for the same reason which is because it helps prove that black people can be just as smart as white people... not to me but to society in general... sad that it takes feats such as this but it's true.

If Obama is elected young black americans can look up to him and say "hey i can be a president just like obama" and the same can be said for Reese as GM...

Also... I don't know how you got to your last point there... I didn't say that all african americans are ******ed. All I'm saying is that african americans have been held down in society
    forever and things like this help the black community so it is
    important, just not to the superbowl per say.

It's stupid. All these dumb stats are meaningless. the first black person to do ANYTHING makes head lines. Give me a god damn break. First black gm to win a superbowl......anyone who does care needs mental help. Does anyone care when a white person does something for the first time?

Now, maybe we can get that out of the way, then talk about the Giants breaking a whole new ground for society by helping to break the colorblind barrier! I'm with MLK.

[quote user="Big Blue Flu"][quote user="BlueNred2theEnd"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You don't understand what I'm saying...

I did NOT say that one is more imporatant than the other but that they are important for the same reason which is because it helps prove that black people can be just as smart as white people... not to me but to society in general... sad that it takes feats such as this but it's true.

If Obama is elected young black americans can look up to him and say "hey i can be a president just like obama" and the same can be said for Reese as GM...

Also... I don't know how you got to your last point there... I didn't say that all african americans are ******ed. All I'm saying is that african americans have been held down in society
    forever and things like this help the black community so it is
    important, just not to the superbowl per say.

[/quote]

Nobody should have to prove anything by now...it is 2008. I have said this before and I will say it again. People calling attention to these types of "milestones" is what keeps things on the top of our head.

I keep seeing more and more signs of the two races becoming one. How great would it be to be able to live here when it is total. If we don't blow ourselves off the planet, I believe our future families will not have to deal with racism in the USA.

Edited...I forgot I wanted to say one more thing. I think Obama is a good enough guy. Heck, I even shared an airplane with the dude one day. However, and people, don't get your panties in a wad because this is really more of a joke than anything else, but...I just can't see the guy getting elected president and the reason why is, and this is just IMO, but to me his name sounds too much like "Osama". I don't know, but hey...that's just me.

[quote user="MoonDog"]It's stupid.* All these dumb stats are meaningless.* the first black person to do ANYTHING makes head lines.* Give me a god damn break.* First black gm to win a superbowl......anyone who does care needs mental help.* Does anyone care when a white person does something for the first time?*
    [/quote]

Meaningless to someone ignorant like yourself. You're one of "those".
    Slavery wasn't that long ago and its been an upward battle for people of color to get their respect. They've made HUGE strides and those accomplishments should be acknowledged every single time.
    And I'm a White guy. I just happen to have a thing for equality.

Oh and yes everyone seems to care when a White person does something for the first time. I'm sure you have. But for a Black person to do the same exact thing shows tremendous progress in that area and reminds us that even though there are subtle differences between us... we are all still headed in the same direction.

Not here, folks. It is not relevant to the discussions we have going on, and I can pretty much guarantee that it will get ugly if left to continue on its current path. This is exactly why we don't allow politics, religion, or any other potential inflammatory topics to run on these forums.

Take it somewhere else