+ Reply to Thread

Osi on Boomer and Carton: (Edit: MP3 link added)

Quite frank discussion about where he stands on his contract.

Edit: Here's the link to today's audio

Re: Osi on Boomer and Carton

Ralph Vacchiano ? @TheBlueScreen
    Just caught the end of Osi Umenyiora on @WFAN660, talking again about his strong desire for a new contract. #NYG

Ralph Vacchiano ? @TheBlueScreen
    Osi made it sound like he'd rather play out his final year with the Giants than agree to a short-term extension at any point. #NYG

All-Pro

he turned down 3 years, $12MM, $4MM guaranteed from fantasy GM Carton []

but in seriousness, he wants Mathis money and that is just crazy, we have him under contract ... let him go out there this year and earn a crazy contract from another team

and that is no disrespect to him, he's been great for us and part of 2 championship teams, but AT THE END OF THE DAY, it's a biz and our strategy has always been to find the next Osi instead of overpaying for the old Osi

Osi was just on the Herd and said he is going to watch ALL of the draft. He seems to think that he will be traded but would not be surprised if he wasn't. I think Osi's head is in a much better place this year. Seems to me he accepts the fact that the Giants are going to run things as a buisness and if he isn't traded he will just take care of buisness on the field. Best of luck to Osi whichever way it goes. If Osi stays with the Giants he will not be a distraction this off season.

Osi I think is worth about 7 million a year. I wouldnt pay more then that.His injury history wil scare teams away from giving him much more then that. I could see him getting a 4 year 32 Million dollar deal on the open market

Why does he have to do this all in public?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

[quote user="RoanokeFan"]Why does he have to do this all in public?
    [/quote]

Because he's a whiny baby. Last I checked, no one FORCED him to sign his original contract. Players need to honor their contracts and stop trying to restructure every year. Justin Tuck is WAAAY underpaid but you never hear him complain because he's a class act. He also knows there's people a lot less fortunate than he is and these guys sounds ridiculous when they're making millions upon millions of dollars and are still crying about being underpaid. Makes me sick and I hope the Giants trade him so we don't have to deal with this garbage all through the off season again.

I'd take a 3rd round pick just to unload him and the way Jerry picks, I'm sure he could turn that into a player who could contribute for years to come.