+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

RB Steven Jackson of the Rams - yes I am being "that guy" today

Looks like he is not happy with his contract situation and could be traded or released. Not trying to create speculation nor rumors here but:

If we could acquire him as a reasonable cost to us, how do you like his potential here in NY.

I think Jackson is what I was hoping Jacobs to become. Tough, good hands and of course big! Jacobs was only one of those. Toughness is what you put up with and how you perform under that presure...not being a wiseass and dancing on Dallas' star.

For the right cost (contract/pick) to us, I would like to see Jackson come here and then drafting BPA is all we really need to do.

Thoughts?

All-Pro

Re: RB Steven Jackson of the Rams - yes I am being "that guy" today

while he is a very solid back and def. in that Giants mold of RB ... he's just too expensive for us

i wouldnt claim to know our true cap situation and this is probably not the reality, but it would almost seem like you would have to give up a 2nd and release Rolle and Canty to get a deal done

and the shelf life on RBs in the NFL is like 5 years and he has taken a beating and he has had some injury issues recently

i think we stick to our strategy of looking for some fresh legs via the draft ... coach 'em up so they don't get Eli killed or fumble the ball all over the place and then go from there

After watching JR's pre-draft press conference I can assure you drafting the BPA is what we'll do no matter what deals we make outside of the draft.

Don't get your hopes up. Jackson is going towant way too much money.

In the tough times we find out who we are.

[quote user="G-Man67"]

while he is a very solid back and def. in that Giants mold of RB ... he's just too expensive for us

i wouldnt claim to know our true cap situation and this is probably not the reality, but it would almost seem like you would have to give up a 2nd and release Rolle and Canty to get a deal done

and the shelf life on RBs in the NFL is like 5 years and he has taken a beating and he has had some injury issues recently

i think we stick to our strategy of looking for some fresh legs via the draft ... coach 'em up so they don't get Eli killed or fumble the ball all over the place and then go from there

[/quote]

Perfect fit footballwise but as you said, his contract demands (the reason he may be available) are the problem for us.

But speaking just football, he would be a GREAT addition.

"Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Can you imagine the contract he is going to want it will be ridiculous

His contract actually isn't too bad for a player of his quality, but it's still too much for the Giants.

If I'm Steven Jackson, I'm thinking I want a shot at a title, and he ain't getting that in St. Louis before his career is done. This is a situation that the Giants could make out on. He just might be asking for less if he thinks it gives him a shot at a ring.

[quote user="NorwoodBlue"]If I'm Steven Jackson, I'm thinking I want a shot at a title, and he ain't getting that in St. Louis before his career is done. This is a situation that the Giants could make out on. He just might be asking for less if he thinks it gives him a shot at a ring.
    [/quote]
    $6-8 million less, though?

All-Pro

We don't have the cap room for him, he's owed $7mill this season...

As much as I love Jackson he only has 1 to 2 productive years left in him. He took a pounding in St Louis. Doug Martin will be our RB of the future.