+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

GIANTS' OSI UMENYIORA "DOUBTS" HE'D RETURN WITHOUT NEW CONTRACT

GIANTS' OSI UMENYIORA "DOUBTS" HE'D RETURN WITHOUT NEW CONTRACT

"The ongoing contract situation between the New York Giants and defensive end Osi
    Umenyiora
    is like a ticking time bomb. He wanted top-5 money, didn't get it
    and then held out. After being fined, he returned. Upon his return, he
    threatened to have surgery…and then he had it. Following said surgery, he
    returned again and helped the Giants win another Super Bowl. He then vowed not to be a distraction this season. Now, a day before
    the NFL Draft,
    Umenyiora has come almost full circle.

While appearing on WFAN 660 with Boomer and Carton, Umenyiora was asked if
    he'd return to Big Blue without a new or adjusted contract. His answer?
    "Honestly…I doubt it."

Umenyiora noted that the original numbers (seven years, $41 million) on his
    contract were overinflated and misreported, and that his seven-year deal was
    actually worth closer to $30 million. Had it been the $41 million that's been
    reported, Umenyiora said the two sides "wouldn't be in this situation."

"The team will always do what's right for them … at some point you have to do
    what's right for yourself," Umenyiora said.

So what is right for Umenyiora? A contract compatible to either Trent Cole or
    Robert Mathis, which would be right around four-years and $36 million.

All that aside, Umenyiora said he and the Giants have held preliminary
    discussions on a new contract but that "nothing is imminent." He also added that
    he hopes to end his career as a member of the Giants, even if it means filling a
    reserve role.

"Whatever this teams wants me to do, is what I am willing to do," Umenyiora
    said.

A year ago Umenyiora was given permission to seek a trade, but none of the
    other 31 teams were willing to give up anything close to what the Giants wanted
    in exchange for the former Pro Bowler. This year is likely to be no different,
    so this merry-go-round is just getting started."

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Re: GIANTS' OSI UMENYIORA "DOUBTS" HE'D RETURN WITHOUT NEW CONTRACT

this at least clears up the misconception from the Osi FanClub members that says he doesn't really want that much more money.He clearly does.

and this also seems to confirm what i thought all along, which is he'd be absolultely INSANE to play this year without a new contract.

All that does is risk injury, which he's had more than his fair share of, which would completely prevent him from ever getting the extension he wanted.

he's trying to force the giants to accept whatever they can get for him.

If i were Osi, i'd be doing the same thing.

here we go again with Osi!

hes desperately trying to get a big payday from the Giants cuz he knows once hes on the open market chances are he wont get the money he wants especially being a year older.

the more i see Osis name in headlines the more i believe he becoming a cancer on this team!

This soap opera is going to continue and continue.

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

this at least clears up the misconception from the Osi FanClub members that says he doesn't really want that much more money.He clearly does.

and this also seems to confirm what i thought all along, which is he'd be absolultely INSANE to play this year without a new contract.

All that does is risk injury, which he's had more than his fair share of, which would completely prevent him from ever getting the extension he wanted.

[/quote]

He is, yet again, the distraction du jour.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

can some one explain hos Osi's 41 milllion dollar contarct became a 30 million dollar contract if he goes to the life of the deal???
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

[quote user="nygsb42champs"]This soap opera is going to continue and continue.[/quote]

So it would seem.

# 80

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

[/quote]

Publicly?

# 80

All-Pro

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

[/quote]

Publicly?
    [/quote]

yeah there is no need to be doing this in public It has to be pissing off the FO....It make no sense to hold out 30 k a day plus he could lose an accrued year and his FA status pushed out another year ....."I'm not sure of the specifics of the rule and how it work exactly but its there" he's ****ing blowing off again with the Giants holding all cards...thats just the way it is ,whats right or wrong I guess we can debate

[quote user="GameTime"]can some one explain hos Osi's 41 milllion dollar contarct became a 30 million dollar contract if he goes to the life of the deal???[/quote]

It's not like he's a math major []

# 80