+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran

Prince Amukamara's foot...

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/gia...-possibly-need

In that article (from yesterday) Ralph V mentions that Prince's foot is still giving him problems today. I wasn't aware that his foot wasn't 100%. How serious is his issue?

Re: Prince Amukamara's foot...

Just ask Bradshaw, feet issues can last a long time. I bet he will be nothing less than 100% once training camp opens up.

Giants fan since the early 80s

The way he said it makes it seem like its still an issue, its not.

Prince said it felt 100% last season, but because the x-rays werent showing it to be perfect, he got another procedure to correct it, and hes been on crutches or in a walking boot since the procedure. Its not giving him problems, he just has not recovered completely since the procedure, but he is on schedule to be ready for camp.

Veteran

[quote user="ny06"]

Just ask Bradshaw, feet issues can last a long time. I bet he will be nothing less than 100% once training camp opens up.

[/quote]

That's my concern. Bradshaw's foot problems lead back to his college days, seems in his case there is no cure - the issues with the fracture(s) seem to linger today.

Veteran

[quote user="slipknottin"]The way he said it makes it seem like its still an issue, its not.

Prince said it felt 100% last season, but because the x-rays werent showing it to be perfect, he got another procedure to correct it, and hes been on crutches or in a walking boot since the procedure. Its not giving him problems, he just has not recovered completely since the procedure, but he is on schedule to be ready for camp.[/quote]

That's good to hear.

All-Pro

i think we did the right thing ... we were cautious ... we didn't throw him out there too soon

and he held up, so what better sign is there than that

as far as a follow-up procedure ... yes, that could be a red flag, but modern sports medicine is pretty impressive ... i'm hoping whatever they did, will only provide more insurance towards him staying healthy

I think he cam back to early. Hopefully he learned his lesson and there are no lingering effects.
    In the tough times we find out who we are...that's why I know VC will be back better than ever in 2015. #80 NYG4life!

I think he came back to early. Hopefully there are no lingering effects and he'll be 100% for next season.
    In the tough times we find out who we are...that's why I know VC will be back better than ever in 2015. #80 NYG4life!

[quote user="slipknottin"]The way he said it makes it seem like its still an issue, its not.

Prince said it felt 100% last season, but because the x-rays werent showing it to be perfect, he got another procedure to correct it, and hes been on crutches or in a walking boot since the procedure. Its not giving him problems, he just has not recovered completely since the procedure, but he is on schedule to be ready for camp.[/quote]
    God, I hope you're right. Otherwise maybe Prince and especially AB can get foot transplants.

Bench Player

[quote user="B&RWarrior"]I think he cam back to early.* Hopefully he learned his lesson and there are no lingering effects.[/quote]

Interesting. You think HE came back too early. Not that THE GIANTS brought him back too early.

You hope HE learned HIS lesson.

God forbid any responsibility should be laid at the feet of the Giants medical staff.