+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Off the Beaten Path Possibilities . . . . .

Re: Off the Beaten Path Possibilities . . . . .

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

Can you guys think of players that the Giants could possibly draft tomorrow that have not really been talked about at all (either in mock drafts or on the MB) as real possibilities for the Giants at 32???*

I'll start with a few names:* Kendall Reyes, Kevin Zeitler, Peter Konz

[/quote]
    I'm not interested in any of those guys in the 1st round, but definitely in the 2nd round.

Here's another "off-the-beaten-path" name -- Vinny Curry DE Marshall

Reuben Randle- WR LSU

Read recently that GMEN value him highly, and could be their guy if Stephen Hill is off the board.

There are so many possibilities im going crazy!

[quote user="qndarius3"]Reuben Randle- WR LSU

Read recently that GMEN value him highly, and could be their guy if Stephen Hill is off the board.

There are so many possibilities im going crazy!
    [/quote]

I think Randle would be a fine addition to our offense, but just not in round 1. I think there will be more valuable players on the board still. If he is around at #64, then yes!
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

Everyone mentioned in this thread I've heard linked with the Giants multiple times with the possible exception of Peter Konz (who I'd hate as a first round pick).

Amini Silatolu as a first round pick ... that would surprise me (he's been on several mocks as a second rounder but his stock has risen since the Combine).

I'd like the pick too.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

I would love to get Konz, and as un-sexy as a Center is in the first round, watching our running game return, people would soon forgive Reese for his un-sexiness.

I just don't know how cap-committed we are to Baas, or how we'll manage having both on the roster.

Certainly could be done though.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

[quote user="Shockeyitus"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Shockeyitus"]Zac Brown, North Carolina[/quote]

the softest player in the draft isnt exactly a good fit for one of the most physical teams in the league[/quote]

The question was about someone off the beaten path.... Zac Brown's speed is very intriuging.[/quote]

Guy might not get picked until late Friday. He won't even be considered by the Giants Tonight. But certainly off the beaten path.

+ Reply to Thread