+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mayocks Mock has us taking...

Mayocks Mock has us taking...

OT Johnathan Martin

If he were to fall to us, I'd be real happy with that. He'd have the potential to be a LT, and could come in and start for us at RT day one, at least ib my opinion.

I also hope the draft goes this way, bc there will be a TON of top prospect WR;s and RB's available in round 2 and a really talented player could drop to us...like a L.Miller RB, one of the WR's; Radnle, Jeffery, Wright...

one thing that does jump out with his mock is that we'd have a choice between a bunch of 1rst round talent DE's...

can't wait til tmrw.

Re: Mayocks Mock has us taking...

Thing that concerns me with Martin is the same as with beatty, if he isnt a great pass protector, can either move to RT and be a good run blocker? Im not convinced. Im not real sure OT is that much of a need anyway, Beatty I would assume is the starting LT, and there is a three way battle for RT with Diehl, Locklear and Brewer. Guard I would argue is more of a need, where Snee has not played as well, and Im not convinced that either Boothe or Petrus are quality starters.

not sold on Martin... DeCastro was such a beast in college that it made Martin look good. Pass!
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

Hope that doesnt happen. I thought his mock was supposed to be released at 8 pm, i guess its just a review

I agree with slipknottin, if we're going offensive lineman ill take some interior lineman. Glenn might be falling, zeilter's a great run blocker, silatolu is a beast with great potential

no way are the giants taking an offensive tackle. not that it wouldn't make sense, but can't see it.

[quote user="Neverend"]Hope that doesnt happen. I thought his mock was supposed to be released at 8 pm, i guess its just a review

I agree with slipknottin, if we're going offensive lineman ill take some interior lineman. Glenn might be falling, zeilter's a great run blocker, silatolu is a beast with great potential

no way are the giants taking an offensive tackle. not that it wouldn't make sense, but can't see it.[/quote]

its over on nfl.com, its just the mock draft, no explanation. he'll do the explaining part tonight...

and i dunno if im just misinformed, but Martin has elite T qualities and is NFL ready. He has a great pass protection base, and is also a very good run blocker...

mayock has him as the only other elite tackle prospect with kalil...decastro was good, but it was martin who anchored the line...and lets not forget, stanford didnt really have a bunch of top talent players...it was pretty much luck and a couple te's, Martin was a huge reason for Lucks success...Martin would be one of the top RT's in the league day 1 imho...

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="Neverend"]Hope that doesnt happen. I thought his mock was supposed to be released at 8 pm, i guess its just a review

no way are the giants taking an offensive tackle. not that it wouldn't make sense, but can't see it.[/quote]

its over on nfl.com, its just the mock draft, no explanation. he'll do the explaining part tonight...

and i dunno if im just misinformed, but Martin has elite T qualities and is NFL ready. He has a great pass protection base, and is also a very good run blocker...

mayock has him as the only other elite tackle prospect with kalil...decastro was good, but it was martin who anchored the line...and lets not forget, stanford didnt really have a bunch of top talent players...it was pretty much luck and a couple te's, Martin was a huge reason for Lucks success...Martin would be one of the top RT's in the league day 1 imho...[/quote]

Kind of struggles against power, then again so does kalil at times

but for the most part, i just dislike how reactive he is in pass protection. he reacts to the defensive lineman, he isn't the aggressor. because of it, he can struggle against savvy/technique/power rushers (double moves, rip/swats, up-and-under). many people in the social media calls him fineese and soft and you can see it with his technique. im not a fan of his

and when he actually does try to be the aggressor and punches the rusher before the rusher contacts him, he lunges or waist bends. i personally think he might bust in the NFL

[quote user="giantsfan420"]mayock has him as the only other elite tackle prospect with kalil...decastro was good, but it was martin who anchored the line...and lets not forget, stanford didnt really have a bunch of top talent players...it was pretty much luck and a couple te's, Martin was a huge reason for Lucks success...Martin would be one of the top RT's in the league day 1 imho...[/quote]Did you seriously give more credit to Martin over DeCastro in regards to the O-line? That dude is the best player on the team, even more than Luck. You'll be spending hours on trying to find flaws on that kid and he only allowed 1 sack in his college career. I implore you to watch some Stanford tape and see that Martin isn't the anchor on that team.

Martin is a decent player but protecting the famous Andrew Luck helps his draft stock just a tad. I'd say he's worth a mid to late 2nd round pick, maybe even early 3rd.

Lets be honest too, martin isnt close to the prospect decastro is. hell that guy might be top 5 player in this draft thatll go top 14 because he simply plays guard

martin could easily fall out of the 1st round if detroit passes on him

[quote user="Neverend"][quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="Neverend"]Hope that doesnt happen. I thought his mock was supposed to be released at 8 pm, i guess its just a review

mayock has him as the only other elite tackle prospect with kalil...decastro was good, but it was martin who anchored the line...and lets not forget, stanford didnt really have a bunch of top talent players...it was pretty much luck and a couple te's, Martin was a huge reason for Lucks success...Martin would be one of the top RT's in the league day 1 imho...[/quote]

Kind of struggles against power, then again so does kalil at times

but for the most part, i just dislike how reactive he is in pass protection. he reacts to the defensive lineman, he isn't the aggressor. because of it, he can struggle against savvy/technique/power rushers (double moves, rip/swats, up-and-under). many people in the social media calls him fineese and soft and you can see it with his technique. im not a fan of his

and when he actually does try to be the aggressor and punches the rusher before the rusher contacts him, he lunges or waist bends. i personally think he might bust in the NFL[/quote]

i think the opposite. i think he'll do fine against the power rush/technique guys. and mayock too calls his technique flawless and he'll struggle vs speed rushers but so does every T except the all time greats...

i cannot remember one collegiate pass rusher he couldnt handle...but i do agree with the lunging issue he does do that if he gets too high when trying to punch...
    i look at it like this to some degree: I have Martin being more nfl ready, with better technique than any T in last years draft, even more than the T dallas got last season.

but i certainly cant say "im right your wrong" i see where ur coming from, i just differ.

and i think it'll be moot anyways bc i believe Martin will be the 3rd, and possibly 2nd T taken in the draft...

+ Reply to Thread