+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mayocks Mock has us taking...

Re: Mayocks Mock has us taking...

[quote user="giantsfan420"]dont get me wrong tho, i'd rather a WR or Fleener, but if there isnt one of those worth it at 32, i'd be stoked with Martin.

He is also a Jr. and can add a lil more bulk...

i def. would rather an OL before a RB in rd 1 tho...[/quote]I might not like Martin but if we do choose him, I'll give him my support and hope he works out.

I don't think WR happens in round 1 unless we get an absolute steal. The draft is extremely deep and Reese will probably look at the position in rounds 2-4.

Fleener would be a cool pick but I think the Broncos or 49ers are realistic destinations for him and one has to wonder if the Colts would love to pair him with Luck.

I originally had Still as my 1st round choice but due to Cox's pass rushing ability and Poe's freakish physical skillset, I can see Brockers possibly dropping down to us like Prince did last year.
    3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick

1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
    2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
    3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
    4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
    5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
    5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
    6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF

Veteran

[quote user="TheEnigma"][quote user="giantsfan420"]dont get me wrong tho, i'd rather a WR or Fleener, but if there isnt one of those worth it at 32, i'd be stoked with Martin.

He is also a Jr. and can add a lil more bulk...

i def. would rather an OL before a RB in rd 1 tho...[/quote]I might not like Martin but if we do choose him, I'll give him my support and hope he works out.

I don't think WR happens in round 1 unless we get an absolute steal. The draft is extremely deep and Reese will probably look at the position in rounds 2-4.

Fleener would be a cool pick but I think the Broncos or 49ers are realistic destinations for him and one has to wonder if the Colts would love to pair him with Luck.

I originally had Still as my 1st round choice but due to Cox's pass rushing ability and Poe's freakish physical skillset, I can see Brockers possibly dropping down to us like Prince did last year.[/quote]

that would be amazing! I honestly do see one of the top 3 DTs falling. Poe because he didn't really do **** in college, and Brockers because he lacks experience.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="egyptian420"]The thing is I don't feel like Diehl, Locklear, or Brewer have proved their competent enough to earn a starting spot at RT for the year[/quote]

Me either, but you add Jonathan Martin there, a guy who is not a great run blocker, and i think its unlikely he wins the starting job over the other 3.

So you end up with like 3 backup OTs. And giants only carry 2, usually.[/quote]
    Yea I'd much rather us take an offensive lineman in the 2nd or 3rd....Praying to God we land Doug Martin but doub it.....

I like Martin as a RT. In this league, you really need two LTs.

[quote user="gmen0820"]I like Martin as a RT. In this league, you really need two LTs.[/quote]

It also means unless the giants really upgrade the LG spot, having any kind of running game is going to be next to impossible.

Though I do wonder, if they bring in more of these smaller more athletic linemen if they can switch to more of a zone scheme, and be effective that way.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="gmen0820"]I like Martin as a RT. In this league, you really need two LTs.[/quote]

It also means unless the giants really upgrade the LG spot, having any kind of running game is going to be next to impossible.

Though I do wonder, if they bring in more of these smaller more athletic linemen if they can switch to more of a zone scheme, and be effective that way.[/quote]
    You act like guard was such a problem for us (not just this thread either) when it was clearly Beatty who was slowing down the run game. He leaves with an injury and all of a sudden our running game turns around for the better for the rest of the season....coincidence, I think not.

With Boothe/ Petrus at LG the Giants were perfectly fine in the run game

[quote user="juice33s"]>You act like guard was such a problem for us (not just this thread either) when it was clearly Beatty who was slowing down the run game. He leaves with an injury and all of a sudden our running game turns around for the better for the rest of the season....coincidence, I think not[/quote]

I think getting Diehl out of LG was far more important than Beatty leaving. Diehl was the worst LG I have ever seen. And then Baas and Snee were injured on top of it and McKenzie just broke down

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="gmen0820"]I like Martin as a RT. In this league, you really need two LTs.[/quote]

Though I do wonder, if they bring in more of these smaller more athletic linemen if they can switch to more of a zone scheme, and be effective that way.[/quote]I think Boothe and Snee are a good tandem, certainly not high on my priority list.

I don't know about Petrus, but I think he can develop. I really don't know. I doubt OT is a priority early, I think it is a fan obsession. A lot of fans (occasionally myself included) want to go into the season with all questions answered.

Chances are we take a OT later in the draft, Brewer starts for us, and he prove us all wrong.

My ideal pick though would be Massie in the second.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="juice33s"]>You act like guard was such a problem for us (not just this thread either) when it was clearly Beatty who was slowing down the run game. He leaves with an injury and all of a sudden our running game turns around for the better for the rest of the season....coincidence, I think not[/quote]

I think getting Diehl out of LG was far more important than Beatty leaving. Diehl was the worst LG I have ever seen. And then Baas and Snee were injured on top of it and McKenzie just broke down[/quote]Agreed.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="juice33s"]>You act like guard was such a problem for us (not just this thread either) when it was clearly Beatty who was slowing down the run game. He leaves with an injury and all of a sudden our running game turns around for the better for the rest of the season....coincidence, I think not[/quote]

I think getting Diehl out of LG was far more important than Beatty leaving. Diehl was the worst LG I have ever seen. And then Baas and Snee were injured on top of it and McKenzie just broke down[/quote]
    Giants run game was just fine when Baas went out of the lineup and it was just fine when he came back sanz Beatty. The LG position isn't what was slowing down the Giants rushing attack, it was having a LT who couldn't run block making them to one dimensional/predictable

+ Reply to Thread