+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Calvin Johnson Madden Cover Winner

Calvin Johnson Madden Cover Winner

Via Schefter twitter

Re: Calvin Johnson Madden Cover Winner

Sucks for him. Guess I wont be drafting him next yr in fantasy if I have the chance.

Veteran

I bet the curse will affect him indirectly. Stafford will get injured (real big stretch lol) and he'll have no one throwing to him. Stats will suffer, compared to how he normally does

That's my prediction

Oh come on. If he'd been on the cover last year, people would've pointed to his mid-season slump as the "curse" manifesting itself.

So for all you witchdoctors out there, how many chickens is Madden going to have to sacrifice to curse Megatron? Is it a by the weight kind of thing? Or height maybe? Does he have to find virgin chickens to sacrifice? If so does that basically mean little yellow chicks? How many baby chickens does it take to equal one Calvin Johnson?

All this curse and voodoo stuff is confusing to me.

[quote user="Bing Crosby"]So for all you witchdoctors out there, how many chickens is Madden going to have to sacrifice to curse Megatron? Is it a by the weight kind of thing? Or height maybe? Does he have to find virgin chickens to sacrifice? If so does that basically mean little yellow chicks? How many baby chickens does it take to equal one Calvin Johnson?

All this curse and voodoo stuff is confusing to me.
    [/quote]

They go to the halls of the Sphinx and sacrifice virgin children of 8 different ethnicities using an ancient Atlantian ritual.

After over 2,800 yards and 28 TDs the past 2 seasons, Megatron has 1 TD in 8 Games.
    "It wasnt Eli's fault he threw that interception"

"Touchdowns have been the problem for Johnson. He has just one all season. He had been putting up yardage, though, until the last two weeks, when he had 34 and 46. Only 3 times this year has he had over 100 yards though. Lions coach Jim Schwartz made it clear at his Monday press conference that Johnson's recent struggles aren't related to the knee injury that has forced him to miss practice time. He missed a few practices last week as well and was able to play, which we imagine will be the case Week 9. Obviously, him missing practice time is concerning, but there's no need for panic, yet."
    "It wasnt Eli's fault he threw that interception"

It's the Lions that were struggling to score.....not Megatron....lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Yes, the Madden curse has made defenses double and triple him every game.
    Larry Fitzgerald is also experiencing this.

The emergence of Titus Young could open up room for Johnson.

+ Reply to Thread