+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Calvin Johnson Madden Cover Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Yes, the Madden curse has made defenses double and triple him every game.
    Larry Fitzgerald is also experiencing this.

The emergence of Titus Young could open up room for Johnson.
    And Ryan Broyles who's a stud.

Quote Originally Posted by J****ack View Post
    It's the Lions that were struggling to score.....not Megatron....lol
    It doesn't matter how it happens. The point is, it happens. Injuries, low stats, whatever.... Megatron should have all the "help" he needs this week, cause he is playing a pathetic Jacksonville bunch. So we shall see if he can get in the endzone a few times to shake this curse.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the mouth."

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    It doesn't matter how it happens. The point is, it happens. Injuries, low stats, whatever.... Megatron should have all the "help" he needs this week, cause he is playing a pathetic Jacksonville bunch. So we shall see if he can get in the endzone a few times to shake this curse.
    The thing is, he still has the same amount of yards as he did this time last season, the only difference is the lack of touchdowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    The thing is, he still has the same amount of yards as he did this time last season, the only difference is the lack of touchdowns.
    That is part of the curse. I forget who it was, maybe Eddie George? who was on the cover one year and he did't get hurt, just suffered his worst season statistically. Lets be honest, Megatron has 1 TD. That is 100% a complete shock to EVERYONE. ONE TD into week 10! After the offensive clinic the Lions had last season. The curse happens in many different ways. He is also nursing a nagging knee injury.

Ok so.... I feel like the Madden Curse is like death from the Final Destination movies. It just keeps creeping around until, BAM! It's trying to take Megatron down, but Megatron is refusing so far, except the TD thing...

Calvin Johnson dealing with nerve damage

ALLEN PARK — Calvin Johnson revealed for the first time on Thursday that he had nerve damage after sustaining the concussion in the loss to the Vikings on Sept. 30. The Detroit Lions wide receiver hasn’t been himself this season — he has just one touchdown — although he looked more familiar in the win on Sunday at Jacksonville.
    He’s had more drops than usual and maybe now we know why. Johnson has also been hampered by a knee injury.

“Actually I had some nerve damage that was kind of messing up my grip a little. Not to blame that, but I think that the concussion could have had something to do with some of that damage I had going on,’’ Johnson said on Thursday.

The effects still linger. He agreed it is basically like a stinger with pain shooting down his arm.
    “Taking those hits, they’re real violent. They definitely have a lot of lingering impact on your neck or your head in Jahvid’s case, it can do a lot of stuff,’’ Johnson said.

201 yards and a score. Johnson is now #3 for total yardage amongst wide receivers. Cursed.

Another 143 yards and a TD; Johnson now leads the league in receiving yards (1,117)

Just a casual 140yds + TD.

Calvin's 2012 yardage total is now the 3rd highest of his career, and his touchdown total ranks #4.

Yes I'm going to keep updating this because this curse nonsense is annoying.

Another 171 + TD.

Johnson now has 1257 receiving yards on the year. He's on pace to break Jerry Rice's record for most receiving yards in a season (1848).

118 yards, bringing his total to 1546 on the season.

+ Reply to Thread