+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Happy Draft Unhappy Draft

Veteran

Happy Draft Unhappy Draft

In the end of the day I'm probably gonna trust Reese and Coughlin and scouts (ross and co) over everyone but here's my thoughts based on limited tape and some college watching. Very little analysis here just quick thoughts.

Happy Draft if any one of these guys is selected

Fleener
    Jeffery
    Martin (doug)
    Wilson (think he is a HUGE reach at 32 but really like him other then fumbles which is certainly an issue)
    Werthy
    Pead or Turbin (not 1st round)

Unhappy Draft
    Harrison Smith
    Perry (while i like perry just unsure)
    Still (Beast of a man but looks a bit stiff - might not matter inside - although not as prototypical with ling arms)

Didnt really grade out the o lineman cause its just not an easy thing to do. Glad it's easier for flaherty and co.

Your own thoughts?

Re: Happy Draft Unhappy Draft

No way we draft Fleener.

Veteran

NWK - cmon man you know theres a way. You see the NFL draft is is an annual event in which the National Football League (NFL) teams select eligible college football players and it is their most common source of player recruitment. Im being snarky but the guy was mocked to us about 300 out of 15 bazillion mock drafts and then the is this:

Coby Fleener is listed as one of the top TE's in the draft and killed it on his pro day. A position the Giants are in need of - with only Bennett and Pascoe on the roster, along with PS Hopkins.

While your most likely right - although you can say that about any one draftee near 32 (cause their are so many options) Fleener is most definitely an option.

Veteran

[quote user="NWKEffectElement"]No way we draft Fleener.[/quote]

cant really see that happening either. We can find a good TE in the 2nd or 3rd.

Picks that would make me happy

Dont'a Hightower
    Luke Kuechly
    Stephon Gilmore
    Stephen Hill
    Alshon Jeffery
    Cordy Glenn
    Jerel Worthy
    Dontari Poe
    Whitney Mercilus
    Nick Perry
    Chandler Jones
    Janoris Jenkins
    Peter Konz
    Kevin Zeitler

Picks that would piss me off
    Coby Fleener
    Any Running Back (even though I do like Martin)
    Mike Adams
    Kendall Wright
    Zach Brown
    and just about every other lineman I didn't mention in the likes

Veteran

Yeah we could and we could find a good everything in the second or third as well. Its about finding the best player and at 32 fleener COULD be it, but again there were many other players on my list. Was curious about others.

In regard to your picks - no to Fleener, Jeffrey and Wilson and Yes to Harrison Smith - Perry.
    Happy Also Hightower, Zeiter, Kuchley, Glenn,Doug Martin, Worthy
    Unhappy WR Hill and Randle, OTAdams, Martin,DT Still

Veteran

[quote user="dave56dj"]NWK* - cmon man you know theres a way. You see the NFL draft is is an annual event in which the National Football League (NFL) teams select eligible college football players and it is their most common source of player recruitment. Im being snarky but the guy was mocked to us about 300 out of 15 bazillion mock drafts and then the is this:

Coby Fleener is listed as one of the top TE's in the draft and killed it on his pro day. A position the Giants are in need of - with only Bennett and Pascoe on the roster, along with PS Hopkins.

While your most likely right - although you can say that about any one draftee near 32 (cause their are so many options) Fleener is most definitely an option.
    [/quote]

lmao my thoughts exactly when i read that

+ Reply to Thread