+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Veteran

Re: Madden 13 article

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]Thank God. Collinsworthless makes me want to stick a spinning drill in my ears and I hate hearing "pash rush", and that other guy, "blow the whistle, toot toot!" VOMIT

Now, will they fix the unstoppable McFadden sweep?

Will they fix the unblockable 49ers blitzes?
    [/quote]

McFadden Sweep? not sure if thats a specific play but you can stop "sweeps" or "tosses" easily by playing cover three in just about any defensive set. Or user the MLB and take the outside option away forcing him to come inside (usually results in a limited gain)

Anything in madden can be dealt with you just need to know how. If the individual is blitzing a ton block extra guys? I beat people that play the the niners all the time and they don't have any special blitzing powers.

I think some people just hate madden for the sake of hating it lol. Granted the game isn't perfect but its not horrible by any means.

[quote user="CGYgiant"]

McFadden Sweep? not sure if thats a specific play but you can stop "sweeps" or "tosses" easily by playing cover three in just about any defensive set. Or user the MLB and take the outside option away forcing him to come inside (usually results in a limited gain)

[/quote]

If you play a guy online using the Raiders, 100% of the time he will use this one single play and it's good for first down yardage EVERY SINGLE TIME. It's incredibly frustrating. Doesn't matter what defense you have called (I have tried EVERYTHING including CB blitzes to the side he's running), you can angle your linemen and lb'ers, and position your outside LB to be in his path it doesn't matter. It's actually pretty widely known this "bug" has been in the game for years. It's like a GOD MODE that the devlopers put in on purpose. I find a lot of people playing Chris Johnson doing the same thing but I can stop them while McFadden is unstoppable.

However the next time I end up in this situation I will try sticking with a cover 3.

[quote user="CGYgiant"]
    Anything in madden can be dealt with you just need to know how. If the individual is blitzing a ton block extra guys? I beat people that play the the niners all the time and they don't have any special blitzing powers.[/quote]

There are people who manage to get the front 7 tight up on the line (literally on the LoS) and they are unblockable whether you're in a no WR goal line formation or in shotgun for a quick pass... Magically blitz Willis past any blocking scheme (and again here it doesn't matter if you've got enough men on the line to block and they somehow magically know whether you're running or throwing before the snap despite audibles and fake audibles sometimes many times). I'm convinced there are many people out there cheating and a smaller number altering the game parameters with a JTAG.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Why do i get the feeling that all the "fixes" they put in place this year will just cause all sorts of new issues?

Now the DBs are not going to be able to make a catch when they dont see the ball, ok... but I get the feeling they arent going to turn for the ball correctly, or watch when the receiver puts his arms out and try to knock things away either.

Thank God no more Collinsworth. His voice is so annoying " Tiiiime and tiiime agaaaiin" ughhhh.

"Tell your line to protect on this play...tell your line to protect on every play, not just this one"
    "We went back and timed his release against the ALL-TIME greats and his was as fast or faster than any of them..."
    duuuuuuuuuuuuuumb

Veteran

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"][quote user="CGYgiant"]

[/quote]

If you play a guy online using the Raiders, 100% of the time he will use this one single play and it's good for first down yardage EVERY SINGLE TIME. It's incredibly frustrating. Doesn't matter what defense you have called (I have tried EVERYTHING including CB blitzes to the side he's running), you can angle your linemen and lb'ers, and position your outside LB to be in his path it doesn't matter. It's actually pretty widely known this "bug" has been in the game for years.

However the next time I end up in this situation I will try sticking with a cover 3.

[quote user="CGYgiant"]
    Anything in madden can be dealt with you just need to know how. If the individual is blitzing a ton block extra guys? I beat people that play the the niners all the time and they don't have any special blitzing powers.[/quote]

There are people who manage to get the front 7 tight up on the line and they are unblockable whether you're in a no WR goal line formation or in shotgun for a quick pass... Magically blitz Willis past any blocking scheme (and again here it doesn't matter if you've got enough men on the line to block and they somehow magically know whether you're running or throwing before the snap). I'm convinced there are many people out there cheating and a smaller number altering the game parameters with a JTAG.
    [/quote]

to stop tosses:

1.) Try using the 46 defense which is just basically a variation of the 43 except you get an extra guy in the box.

3.) call a cover 3

2.) Spread your D-line and "flare" your ends (this can be done with a combination of the d-pad and right trigger).

This should stop the tosses. Also, for an even better effect, take the players in the "light blue zones" and manually spread them out even wider. They will break down the play out wide and your flaring d-line will stop that play cold (not to mention you get great pressure in case of a pass).

for blitzes:

Try calling plays that have "blue routes". Usually running backs and tight ends will run these routes. What happens is they first pick up the blitz then peel out on a route, this is excellent as it stops the pressure and lets you hit these players for a big gain.

Or, just light the guy up with screen passes. Or quick passes (slants).

Ugh, the Tony Rhomo slobbering.

The sad part about Madden is that the players at the top aren't actually using football strategy, it boils down to a few plays that work more often than they don't, despite their football worthiness.

I'm guilty of this too to a small degree, in that my playbook has about a dozen "staple" plays. But then from year to year these plays just randomly stop being effective.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]Ugh, the Tony Rhomo slobbering.

The sad part about Madden is that the players at the top aren't actually using football strategy, it boils down to a few plays that work more often than they don't, despite their football worthiness.

I'm guilty of this too to a small degree, in that my playbook has about a dozen "staple" plays. But then from year to year these plays just randomly stop being effective.
    [/quote]
    Pretty much. The game feels very mechanical - almost on-rails.

I wish they'd rebuild the thing from the ground up.
    EA's FIFA franchise has gone from strength to strength, whereas their NFL and (even worse) NBA franchises have stagnated.

EA will be terrified if they lose exclusivity rights to the NFL. 2K killed NBA Live and it'll kill Madden as well.

[quote user="Flip Empty"]
    EA's FIFA franchise has gone from strength to strength[/quote]

yep, fifa series is the best sports games ever made. And they make serious changes every year to improve the game radically. And they push realism at the expense of everything.

Madden developers on the other hand just seem to want to make an arcade game with an NFL license.

Madden suffers from Elder Scrolls syndrome. Repeat an incredibly specific line over and over again, and it just sounds weird.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

Madden 2009 was the last madden game I bought, and I said after that terrible game I was done with the series until EA fixed it big time.