+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Madden 13 article

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Flip Empty"]
    EA's FIFA franchise has gone from strength to strength[/quote]

yep, fifa series is the best sports games ever made. And they make serious changes every year to improve the game radically. And they push realism at the expense of everything.

Madden developers on the other hand just seem to want to make an arcade game with an NFL license.[/quote]Im still learning how to dribble in fifa12. lol
    This game got me somewhat interested in the Premier League. Very good game.

Veteran

[quote user="Flip Empty"]Even better would be a new NFL 2K game. Even 2K5 plays better than the current Maddens. Better commentary, too.[/quote]

WRONG!

Im addicted to madden, I love running the nascar defense that fewel runs on third and long. Except I put Boley at one end insead of kiwi on the outsides with osi and have JPP and Tuck in the middle. I love how I get complaints online saying Oooo you gotta play with the super bowl champs to win and im like dude Ive never used another team lol

[quote user="GeoGoGo"][quote user="Flip Empty"]Even better would be a new NFL 2K game. Even 2K5 plays better than the current Maddens. Better commentary, too.[/quote]

WRONG![/quote]
    Have you played it? The animation, collision detection, commentary and visual presentation are still ahead of the current Madden titles. 2K5 felt like you were actually controlling the game rather than running through scripted routines.
    You could lateral, catch and return missed field goals for touchdowns, sub players on the fly, fumble a snap and move the quarterback back to pick up the ball and throw it... i.e. replicate what you see in the real game. This was eight years ago.
    Madden still has the same issues it's always had. EA has no reason to innovate because their game is the only one in town. They made sure of that. After 2K5 was released, EA paid through their teeth to get exclusive rights to the NFL. That's how scared they were of it.

2K was fluid and fun to play; Madden is still a clunky mess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA6xj...&feature=g-u-u

small glimpse. doesn't look to wow. Hope they make the commentary booth look better by release.
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

I still cant figure out how weight means absolutely nothing in madden.

You can put a 250 pound DE at 3-4 end and he is more effective than a 300 pound guy. Real life that would never work

[quote user="BigBlue187"]Im addicted to madden, I love running the nascar defense that fewel runs on third and long.* Except I put Boley at one end insead of kiwi on the outsides with osi and have JPP and Tuck in the middle.* I love how I get complaints online saying Oooo you gotta play with the super bowl champs to win and im like dude Ive never used another team lol
    [/quote]

People are stupid, playing with the giants in madden12 is playing with the team before they won the superbowl. They weren't a highly rated team in madden12. I don't play online but I've heard a lot of people talk about it and the giants weren't a favorable team to play with. I play mw3 online and its amazing the crybaby's out there in the world when u hook them up to a mic.

[quote user="GmenFan1980"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA6xj...&feature=g-u-u

small glimpse. doesn't look to wow. Hope they make the commentary booth look better by release.[/quote]Just from watching that I can tell that turn around catch is gonna be a ***** to stop especially against the Johnson Calvin and Andre.

Veteran

[quote user="XxBigWhitxX"][quote user="GmenFan1980"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA6xj...&feature=g-u-u

small glimpse. doesn't look to wow. Hope they make the commentary booth look better by release.[/quote]Just from watching that I can tell that turn around catch is gonna be a ***** to stop especially against the Johnson Calvin and Andre.[/quote]

The receiver also has to be looking for the ball now too though. That will really help to limit the effectiveness of the quick slants from the slot and throwing the ball to the tight end almost right on the snap. Two of the harder things to defend in the game.

Veteran

In all honesty, madden has to do two things for me to really improve the experience as far as offline is concerned.

1. Bring back the create-a-playbook. Not the custom play books from last year but the full on create-a-playbook where you create the entire playbook and plays from scratch. I used to sit for hours and hours just making plays and formations and testing them and redesigning them. It was so much fun.

2. They have to fix all-madden. I used to play all-madden on the older games but the last couple years it has changed dramatically. The all-madden experience is just about screwing the player. Your players are severely dumbed down compared to the CPU. Your line does not block. The runningback often gets hit before reaching the LOS or often the second the ball is in his hands. The receivers drop passes when they are wide open and well after what should be a secured catch. In the rare occasion that you have a receiver open, chances are the QB will over throw the ball, or throw it poorly to the defender nearest the receiver resulting in a pick. All-Madden has to be revamped.