+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marshall Faulk confirmation!

Marshall Faulk confirmation!

Faulk was asked which RB in this draft reminds him of himself. He said there is only 1 out there and he is Doug Martin! I agree completely. Martin is the complete package and can start from day 1 with his advanced blocking ability. He is an everydown back with hands, can run inside and out as well as being a contributor on specials. If we pass on him I will be as furious as I have ever been during a draft. Just hope he isnt snatched up before we pick by a Clev or NE.

Re: Marshall Faulk confirmation!

I want to get him too but don't count on it

[quote user="egyptian420"]I want to get him too but don't count on it
    [/quote]

Don't depress me I will be saying my prayers tonight!

I think the Patsies look for DB Gilmore and LB Kuechley, not Martin.

When I look at Martin...the last RB I think I'd compare him to is Marshall. Faulk was extremely explosive coming out of SDSU and was burning up the WAC. He was just a different style of runner. Martin doesn't remind me of that. Maybe the receiving ability reminds Marshall of him but...everything else I don't see.

I don't see the Ray Rice comparison either. ..Maybe a little bit but...Martin reminds me more of Emitt Smith. Sneaky, deceptive speed that makes people miss inbetween the tackles.... same make-up, height and frame.

[quote user="titwio"]When I look at Martin...the last RB I think I'd compare him to is Marshall. Faulk was extremely explosive coming out of SDSU and was burning up the WAC division. He was just a different style of runner. Martin doesn't remind me of that. Maybe the receiving ability reminds Marshall of him but...everything else I don't see.

I don't see the Ray Rice comparison either. ..Maybe a little bit but...Martin reminds me more of Emitt Smith. Sneaky, deceptive speed that makes people miss inbetween the tackles.... same make-up, height and frame.[/quote]

Doug Martin doesn't have nearly the speed of Emmet Smith.

He doesn't remind me precisely of any one back totally, but I see flashes of Ray Rise in him and he can block and catch, which makes him one of the most complete RBs in this draft (probably why the Faulk comparison).
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Kruunch"]Doug Martin doesn't have nearly the speed of Emmet Smith.
    [/quote]

When I watched Emmitt I don't remember anything of blazing speed wise from him. I don't even think he timed well when he ran his 40's. I remember him being deceptively fast...much like what I see in Martin.

Emmitt never really ran away from the pack. Not sure where your getting this not nearly the speed of Emmitt from.

I actually don't think that Martin will be there for us at 32 . . . .

All-Pro

Eh, Id wait till the later rounds to address RB and TE. I like Isaiah Pead from Cincinnati.

[quote user="titwio"][quote user="Kruunch"]Doug Martin doesn't have nearly the speed of Emmet Smith.
    [/quote]

When I watched Emmitt I don't remember anything of blazing speed wise from him. I don't even think he timed well when he ran his 40's. I remember him being deceptively fast...much like what I see in Martin.

Emmitt never really ran away from the pack. Not sure where
    your getting this not nearly the speed of Emmitt from.[/quote]

You hit that nail on the head! Emmitt Smith never had break away speed!

+ Reply to Thread