+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Veteran

Giants may have a realistic shot at Dre Kirkpatrick

Mike Garafolo ? @MikeGarafolo Reply Retweet Favorite Open
    Good take. Hearing same. Why Giants feel they could be in play. RT @ProFootballTalk: Dre Kirkpatrick is "dropping" http://wp.me/p14QSB-2Bzd #nyg
    in reference to this

[link]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/25/dre-kirkpatrick-dropping-on-draft-boards/[/link]

In another tweet, Mike Garafolo also said he was
    "digging" Ohm's Andre Branch pick

Re: Giants may have a realistic shot at Dre Kirkpatrick

yea im not thrilled about taking guys whos stocks are plummeting.... they are dropping for a reason

we took prince last season after his stock dropped and that didn't turn out too well

Veteran

Prince was injured and didn't have an offseason, give that time.

Also, you should read the article. A lot of the so called "dropping" is just the media having had it wrong to begin with. He's not dropping so much as the media is finding out that they overrated a bit in the first place.

That's why I never listen to Kiper

I question anyone who claims a player is rising or dropping.

Veteran

[quote user="gmen0820"]I question anyone who claims a player is rising or dropping.[/quote]

Thats becasuse the "experts" usually overate/underrate guys. It happens every year, mock drafts are always way off outside of the first 2 or 3 picks.

Giants are probably looking at guys like Hightower and Kirkpatrick because they think they have a realistic shot at drafting them.

he'd be excellent value at 32 imho. i always had janorice jenkins, stephen gilmore ahead of him. i actually believe gilmore may be better than clairborne...jenkins tho has had some serious off field issues and if he didnt, id rank him as a player above everyone at DB, when he was with UF, he shut down the best wr's in college...

jenkins could even drop to us bc of those off field issues, but i dunno if JR would draft him in the 1rst and rightfully so, NYC isnt a place where we could go "he'll be on his best behavior."

about andre branch, I too have done some mocks, in one of them and its prob wishful thinking bc every mock i've seen has him gone early 20's, but chandler jones the de from syracuse would be prob the best defensive player out of this draft, he had an injury this last season but as a junior he was dominant...

i also had one mock where k.wright dropped to us...cant wait til late tmrw night...does anyone know if they'll complete the 1rst round in one night no matter what or will they call it after a certain time?

The only problem I have with Alabama players is that I get a whole "Smoke and Mirrors" feel. Nick Saban is probably one of the biggest charlatans, though he does field some good college teams. I just don't trust the guy and that trickles down to hsi players too.

[quote user="Axels15"]Prince was injured and didn't have an offseason, give that time.

Also, you should read the article. A lot of the so called "dropping" is just the media having had it wrong to begin with. He's not dropping so much as the media is finding out that they overrated a bit in the first place.

That's why I never listen to Kiper[/quote]

I don't think Old Danny Boy read the article!

[quote user="Danny1024"]yea im not thrilled about taking guys whos stocks are plummeting.... they are dropping for a reason

we took prince last season after his stock dropped and that didn't turn out too well
    [/quote]

Eh . . . huh?

Read the article . . . it correctly states that guys "drop" at this stage mostly because the media was wrong about them . . . .

Prince hasn't turned out so well, huh? Sigh . . . .

Why is he dropping? Thats the haunting question