+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: #32 New York Giants Draft Predictions

Re: #32 New York Giants Draft Predictions

[quote user="TheEnigma"][quote user="giantsfan420"]

no way he gets passed early 20's but it would be nice...

i've gone thru a bunch of mocks just to see who could drop...

one of em i had chandler jones dropping (i think he's gonna be the best defensive player from this draft), had kendall wright drop to us, of course i've had fleener drop to us, had one where jenkins would be available but i doubt we draft him, if he had no off field issues he'd be the 1 ranked DB imho...i like Mayocks mock where he has Martin dropping to us...

cannot wait til tmrw night...

and i think theres a mod who dislikes me or something, i made one draft post here and it was to let everyone know Mayock had Martin drop to us, within 5 min it was moved...i've had several posts moved for some reason and when another person makes the same post that got me moved, theres stays...eh whatev[/quote]I can't see Chandler Jones dropping at this point. Too many teams in the top 20 are reported to be in love with what this kid brings to the table and guys like Coples (motivation), Ingram (size and where does he fit?) and Upshaw (Lack of explosion and power) are all possibilities to be drafted after Jones.

Kendall Wright...He could be a good receiver but the question is what round/range is a good value for him? Would we even be talking about him if RG3 wasn't his QB? I think guys like Randle, Jeffery, and Sanu are better prospects but it's not like he's a bust either way.

Fleener would make me happy but I think too many teams will be interested to have him drop to us.

Jenkins...god no. NYC is the last place to bring knuckleheads in the round 1/2 area.

As for Brockers, let me go more in depth. Fletcher Cox at this point is the unanimous #1 selection at DT due to his superior pass rushing ability compared to the competition. It's sort of a toss up after that left to opinion. Poe doesn't show much in college production but some team is going to take chance on a 346lb man who has amazing speed and power for his size, hoping to get the next JPP. After that, it comes down to Worthy or Brockers and I see Worthy going to the Broncos since he fits that system pretty good.

And I think your stuff is being moved because it's about the NFL Draft and not general Giants news. I don't agree with it since the draft is this week, tomorrow even, but thems the rules I guess.[/quote]

good post. i agree with ya except for K.Wright...if him being excellent depends on a great QB, we got one in Eli. He strikes me as a better MM...

Brockers would be nice as well...but still, even tho JR said he's worried bout Austin, we did spend a 2nd on him last yr and we have imho 2 excellent DT's starting already, and should be for a while. i actually had brockers going to either Philly or Tenn...but man i cant wait...do u know if they're gonna complete rd 1 no matter what or will they call it a night if it gets real late?

oh and about jenkins, it sucks about his off field issues bc i really believe he is the best DB prospect strictly on on-field play. when he was on UF, he shut down Blackmon, AJ Green, and i forget the other 2 wr's but they were the best in college football. he dominated the 4 best wr's in college football, i'd trust JR if we took a flier on him but it'd be a serious risk, but his upside is seriously high

edit- and i love randle at wr...part of me says take him at 32 even if we could get a top prospect at wr in the 2nd...a lt of people i trust like mayock, kossel, and gmen0820 have compared him to Nicks...could u imaging having 2 nicks and a cruz in the slot?????????

[quote user="Martyr"][quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="GMenNY21"]I wanna say Doug Martin... But I believe it'll be Devon Still .. which is not bad either.[/quote]

am i the only one who feels he's a 2nd round prospect? i dont see him being worthy of a 1rst...especially if we could wait til the end of the 2nd maybe even 3rd and get reyes...[/quote]

Its a matter of opinion but we do have the 32nd pick in the draft which is pretty much a 2nd round pick.[/quote]
    True unless someone slips all the way to 32 then your pick increases in value.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

I don't think we can really put too much faith into Austin at this point with him being out of football for 2 straight seasons. The way I envisioned it is that in the future once Canty is gone, Joseph and Brockers would be our starters while Austin could come in for 3rd down pass situations.

Yeah, I like Randle as well and actually have him rated #3 for WR's. Versatile receivers are my favorites and adding him to our group makes the Giants have 3 really good guys who can do many things and offer a plethora of routes.

And round 1 will come to an end no matter what unless a car crashes through the place or something stupid.

Isn't it going to be that someone whoever surprisingly drops through the first round?

This was the case with Prince, I believe.

Alshon Jeffery BC no one is talking about him and I think with proper motivation hell be the best wide receiver in this deep receiver class which is saying something. Don't buy the mock draft hype, dude was an absolute monster last year and would a been a top five pick had he had a decent qb this yr. People said nicks had weight issues coming out too. He is the real deal. U can all hate on me if u want too, but our passing offense would be insane and nearly unstopable with a wr that can get deep, and consistently win the jump ball battle. He reminds me of a mix between burress and Larry Fitzgerald. Imagine our passing offense this past year with plaxico in his prime instead of manningham. People also say he can't seaperate from dbs but he has sneaky deep speed, it may take him a few steps to get there but he's got it.

6-3 1/8 221lbs
    4.51-4.61 40
    35 inch vert

6-3 216 lbs
    4.45 -4.54 40
    36.5 inch vert
    Tell me which is Jeffery and which is Fitzgerald. If u have the oppurtunity to get a player that could be anywhere as good as Larry Fitz at 32 u do it everyday of the week and twice on Sunday at least in my opinion.

Please let it be Doug Martin!! I would be a very happy camper getting the next Faulk. Martin is the only player projected in the 20's or 30's that would start for us day 1. Complete package that will fill a need.

[quote user="MrDenmark"]Isn't it going to be that someone whoever surprisingly drops through the first round?

This was the case with Prince, I believe.
    [/quote]
    I do fell this way like every year as you mention, it all depends what player , what position ( need over value and vis. ) and if that player has the makings to be a giant kind of player, size and speed is a a trademark of Reese and Co. and character issues are always seem to be on the balance when JR makes his choice.

[quote user="VegasGmen"]Please let it be Doug Martin!! I would be a very happy camper getting the next Faulk. Martin is the only player projected in the 20's or 30's that would start for us day 1. Complete package that will fill a need.[/quote]
    He seems to be a game changer but the one thing I'm afraid about his game is how he will handle the pass protection at the next level.

[quote user="G-Men Surg."][quote user="VegasGmen"]Please let it be Doug Martin!! I would be a very happy camper getting the next Faulk. Martin is the only player projected in the 20's or 30's that would start for us day 1. Complete package that will fill a need.[/quote]
    He seems to be a game changer but the one thing I'm afraid about his game is how he will handle the pass protection at the next level.[/quote]

no need to worry about that, he's the best pass protecting rb in the draft. he's a 3 down back.

some one was comparing him to ray rice, but i feel he's more comparable to rashard mendenall

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="G-Men Surg."][quote user="VegasGmen"]Please let it be Doug Martin!! I would be a very happy camper getting the next Faulk. Martin is the only player projected in the 20's or 30's that would start for us day 1. Complete package that will fill a need.[/quote]
    He seems to be a game changer but the one thing I'm afraid about his game is how he will handle the pass protection at the next level.[/quote]

no need to worry about that, he's the best pass protecting rb in the draft. he's a 3 down back.

some one was comparing him to ray rice, but i feel he's more comparable to rashard mendenall[/quote]
    I've heard his analysis before and heard he is the complete package but that comes has a surprise for me . In my eyes that makes him a target at 32 .

Speaking of Martin you didn't sound convinced about drafting a RB in the 1st round bro, did Martin made a believer out of you.

+ Reply to Thread