Thread: #32 New York Giants Draft Predictions

Veteran

Re: #32 New York Giants Draft Predictions

So hard to tell - I'm gonna pick 4.

Jerel Worthy/ Doug Martin/ Jonathan Martin/ Stephen Hill

Would love to see the following 4 as options with preference to:

Doug Martin > B. Massie > Stephen Hill > D. Still

Great thing is no matter who we pick- we'll have nice options at other "need" postions in rounds 2-4 like----Turbin, Schwartz, Sanu, Criner, McNutt,Toon, Streeter, Mike Martin.

Its all good!

I thought it would be a DE before the season with who was becoming a FA. It still looks like DE is the most likely pick.

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="G-Men Surg."][quote user="VegasGmen"]Please let it be Doug Martin!! I would be a very happy camper getting the next Faulk. Martin is the only player projected in the 20's or 30's that would start for us day 1. Complete package that will fill a need.[/quote]
    He seems to be a game changer but the one thing I'm afraid about his game is how he will handle the pass protection at the next level.[/quote]

no need to worry about that, he's the best pass protecting rb in the draft. he's a 3 down back.

some one was comparing him to ray rice, but i feel he's more comparable to rashard mendenall[/quote]Trent Richardson is the best pass protecting back and its not even close. Aslk Devon Still how wel Richardson blocks

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]I thought it would be a DE before the season with who was becoming a FA. It still looks like DE is the most likely pick.[/quote]

I don't see a DE in this draft (the entire draft) that would fit the Giants well for what they like to pick.

Chandler Jones is the *possible* exception as a replacement for Tuck, but with Osi being the next DE to go (unless we re-sign him) he doesn't fit that elite rusher bill.

I think the Giants take a late round flyer on a project DE if they go DE at all this year (not very Giants like I know, I just don't see a DE that excites).

Jonathan Martin, Amini Silatolu, Doug Martin, Coby Fleener, Kendal Reyes, Devon Still ... I think one of those guys is our first round pick.

CDG's comments about Harrison Smith aren't far off, but I don't think the Giants go that route personally.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]I thought it would be a DE before the season with who was becoming a FA. It still looks like DE is the most likely pick.[/quote]

I don't see a DE in this draft (the entire draft) that would fit the Giants well for what they like to pick.

Chandler Jones is the *possible* exception as a replacement for Tuck, but with Osi being the next DE to go (unless we re-sign him) he doesn't fit that elite rusher bill.

I think the Giants take a late round flyer on a project DE if they go DE at all this year (not very Giants like I know, I just don't see a DE that excites).

Jonathan Martin, Amini Silatolu, Doug Martin, Coby Fleener, Kendal Reyes, Devon Still ... I think one of those guys is our first round pick.

CDG's comments about Harrison Smith aren't far off, but I don't think the Giants go that route personally.[/quote]Unless they are extending Osi I dont know how they could not take another 1. Both Kiwi and Osi are FA's, they lost 350 snaps with Tollefson. Unless they are going to rely on a rookie to play major snaps next season cant seem them ignoring it. Next year should have some serious edge rushers if the Juniors declare though

I have had Harrison Smith as our first pick for a month now and I'm sticking to it! It all depends on who's there but I believe considering BPA & need if he's there with no other surprise drops he will be in Giant Blue.

Who I would take if they are there:

1. Fleener - Would give the Giants a dimension they have not had in a long time. Guy is a match-up nightmare at a need position (though we know how the Giants are about need vs BPA).
    2. Hightower - Physical presence in the middle that we severely lack (Kuechly would be gone in this scenario, though he would be an ideal fit). Really doubt they would go this way. History of LBs that can run to the ball more than a thumper-type.
    3. Wright - Proven playmaker opposite Nicks with Cruz in the slot would make our offense even more scary.
    4. Martin - Like many are saying, the comparison to Rice is undeniable. Bradshaw is brittle no matter how many times he says he feels better than he ever has.

The recent trend for the Gmen has been playmakers in the 1st, and I hope the trend continues. That being said, Oline is becoming a glaring need. RT is MIA without resigning Mckenzie, unless you think Brewer is ready, or yo want to put Deihl there, which would leave us desparately thin everywhere. If they don't go Oline in the 1st, you can about bank on going that way in the 2nd/and or 3rd. I can also seriously see Lavonte David in Blue at the end of the day though. He seems like a Boley/Safety that can man the middle or drop back and play a hybrid-Safety role that Grant plays.

+ Reply to Thread