+ Reply to Thread

Joe's Pre-Season Predictions

Disclaimer: My opinion ain't worth two cents in a candy shop. These are unbiased opinions based on my feelings. I don't know what draftees we will select or what acquisitions we will aquire before kickoff.

I believe we will have a pretty hill-y season, we don't know how the loss of some key players will help or hurt us. These are my game by game predictions and the post-season.

Week 1: Vs. Cowboys: Nothing says Defending Champs like a Super Bowl hangover, we play an incomplete game and the boo birds come out. L 24-10

Week 2: Vs. Buccaneers: Our first victory and trouncing! Eli has a great game. W 30-17

Week 3: @ Panthers: Hard fought battle with a Big Cam Newton RuTD. Giants squeak by. W 28-24

Week 4: @ Eagles: Great game for the first 3 quarters, then they pull away. L 28-17

Week 5: vs. Browns: McCoy vs. The Krakken. Big game for our D. W 20-3

Week 6: @ 49ers: They play with a vengeance, MM scores a TD but Eli wins late. Another nailbiter. W 24-20

Week 7: Vs. Redskins. Welcome to the NFL, GR3, JPP will be your server this afternoon. W 27-17

Week 8: @ Cowboys Yeah, they should rename Cowboys Stadium, "Giants Stadium 2". Eli with the Clinic. W 35-21

Week 9: Vs. Steelers: Giants continue their streak with the has-been steelers, Should be a blowout, but they keep it close. W 27-20

Week 10: @ Cincinnati: Andy Dalton hands us our first trap game loss of the season. Crap game all around, the Chicken littles, pessimists and firesale fans start to come out of the woodwork

Week 12: Vs. Packers: A pissed Packers team comes and tears us apart. The 2nd half collapse is upon us. L 35-17

Week 13: @ Redskins: A narrow victory dies down the flames for a week. Mediocrity at it's finest this week. W 20-14

Week 14: Vs. Saints: but then a week later Breezy shows us why we have never beat him yet. L 28-14

Week 15: @ Falcons: we blow a game we should have won. Not looking good right now. L 23-20 (OT)

Week 16: @ Ravens: Providing the world doesnt end, We silence the naysayers with an impressive win in the land of bad weather. W 24-14

Week 17: Vs. Eagles: End the season like last year, beating the Egirls and securing a spot in the post-season. W 28-10

Playoff Seedings

1. 49ers (13-3)
    2. Saints (12-4)
    3. Packers (12-4)
    4. Giants (10-6)
    5. Lions (10-6)
    6. Bears (9-7)

Unfortunatly it will be an early end for the Giants repeat chances. Due to the failure of getting the run game going and Eli having no time to set up Play Action, the Lions D stymies the Giants O. On the flip side, we get to Stafford often, but he still torches our DB's. Giants fall at home 28-10

Re: Joe's Pre-Season Predictions

And that should obvioulsly be RG3 not GR3. It's late, relax

i'm predicting we have a season much like 08 after SB 42,

we come out confident, play loose, and pick up right where we left off last season...

like in 08, i say we go 12-4 only our wr's wont shoot themselves...

top 5 ranked defense and eli having a season where he's the clear MVP of the regular season

[quote user="giantsfan420"]i'm predicting we have a season much like 08 after SB 42,

we come out confident, play loose, and pick up right where we left off last season...

top 5 ranked defense and eli having a season where he's the clear MVP of the regular season[/quote]

If we didn't have this schedule, I would agree with you 100%.

[quote user="NYGFaninILL"][quote user="giantsfan420"]i'm predicting we have a season much like 08 after SB 42,

top 5 ranked defense and eli having a season where he's the clear MVP of the regular season[/quote]

If we didn't have this schedule, I would agree with you 100%.[/quote]

this is the same exact schedule sans 2 games that we had in 08, and the 2 games that differ TB and NOI believe, i have to look at the schedule...but yeah we're playing the same exact divisions we did in 08, they rotate every 4 yrs...same schedule, almost exactly the same...

Can't really praise or criticize either way since it's so early but I have a feeling we will dominate that game against the Cowboys. The Giants usually come out strong after a great season.

The first realistic loss I see is to the Panthers and that's mostly due to the fact we play them 4 days AFTER the Bucs. Possibility of serious fatigue in that game.
    3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick

1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
    2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
    3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
    4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
    5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
    5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
    6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF

True. Idk, it's just my guess

That's rather detailed for predictions.

I'll take it a week at a time.
    Last year with the short preseason, we came out flat and not in sync. This year, that won't happen. Coughlin will have them fired up to start the season with a win.
    Furthermore, Dallas is on the decline, they have been ever since Tuna left. We stomp them out to start the season off right.
    Do not feed the trolls.

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="NYGFaninILL"][quote user="giantsfan420"]i'm predicting we have a season much like 08 after SB 42,

If we didn't have this schedule, I would agree with you 100%.[/quote]

this is the same exact schedule sans 2 games that we had in 08, and the 2 games that differ TB and NOI believe, i have to look at the schedule...but yeah we're playing the same exact divisions we did in 08, they rotate every 4 yrs...same schedule, almost exactly the same...[/quote]We played the NFC West that year not the NFC South. 3 year for NFC teams, 4 for AFC

[quote user="Mercury"]That's rather detailed for predictions.*

I'll take it a week at a time.*
    Last year with the short preseason, we came out flat and not in sync.* This year, that won't happen.* Coughlin will have them fired up to start the season with a win.
    Furthermore, Dallas is on the decline, they have been ever since Tuna left.* We stomp them out to start the season off right.
    [/quote]That Dallas team should be rebuilding I think. They are good enough to make playoffs but not good enough to win the Super Bowl. They are kind of like the Jets. Im going to laugh tonight when the Jets mortgage the future even more by trading draft picks for a RB. That team has no depth but just cant help themselves. they ned to create talk and Buz and Richardson will do it for him