+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 NFL DRAFT RUMORS: BRONCOS WANT TO MOVE DOWN - - WOULD THE GIANTS MOVE UP?

2012 NFL DRAFT RUMORS: BRONCOS WANT TO MOVE DOWN - - WOULD THE GIANTS MOVE UP?

2012 NFL DRAFT RUMORS: BRONCOS WANT TO MOVE DOWN - - WOULD THE GIANTS MOVE UP?

"The Denver Broncos have
    the 25th pick in the opening round of the 2012 NFL Draft, and they would like to
    unload it. Denver VP of Football Operations John Elway has said the team would like to trade down.

Purely speculation here, but could they find a willing partner in the New
    York Giants
    , who have the 32nd overall pick?

Trading up in Round 1 is generally not the Giants' style, but general manager
    Jerry Reese admitted recently that beyond the top 25 selections in the draft New York sees everyone else as second-round value.

"You just wait and see if somebody is going to fall to you or if there is
    somebody you may be able to move up for, that you're in love with. It's always a
    good problem to have when you're picking 32. More likely, somebody we have ahead
    of our 32nd pick in our first row, more than likely somebody will be down there
    where we want to pick. Again, at the bottom of that first row, we think those
    guys are second round picks, unless we have somebody pretty high that falls. But
    we'll see. We could easily have somebody fall down. I think guys are going to
    come off the board all over the place early on."

Could there be a player that makes Reese want to jump to 25? Also, could the
    Giants use defensive end Osi Umenyiora
    as a trade chip to move up? Umenyiora has admitted that a draft day trade is a possibility.

In reality, it seems an unlikely move for the Giants. But, hey, we have seven
    hours or so before the Giants get to make a selection. What else have we got to
    do."

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Re: 2012 NFL DRAFT RUMORS: BRONCOS WANT TO MOVE DOWN - - WOULD THE GIANTS MOVE UP?

Who is such a priority 7 spots up that we can't realistically land at 32?

Re: 2012 NFL DRAFT RUMORS: BRONCOS WANT TO MOVE DOWN - - WOULD THE GIANTS MOVE UP?

[quote user="gmen0820"]Who is such a priority 7 spots up that we can't realistically land at 32?[/quote]Wont know that until the draft. Its possible someone falls. Although the thought of Trading a top notch pass rusher to move up 7 picks disgusts me

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="gmen0820"]Who is such a priority 7 spots up that we can't realistically land at 32?[/quote]Wont know that until the draft. Its possible someone falls. Although the thought of Trading a top notch pass rusher to move up 7 picks disgusts me[/quote]Agree 100%.

I'm not buying this at all but Osi, Dumervil, and Miller would make a sick pass rush.

[quote user="TheEnigma"]I'm not buying this at all but Osi, Dumervil, and Miller would make a sick pass rush.[/quote]On paper it would, but they need a DT or the QB will just step up in the pocket all day.

Kind of like what happened to us in 2009.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="gmen0820"]Who is such a priority 7 spots up that we can't realistically land at 32?[/quote]Wont know that until the draft. Its possible someone falls. Although the thought of Trading a top notch pass rusher to move up 7 picks disgusts me[/quote]

I can't imagine Reese would trade Osi to move up 7 slots.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

[quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="TheEnigma"]I'm not buying this at all but Osi, Dumervil, and Miller would make a sick pass rush.[/quote]On paper it would, but they need a DT or the QB will just step up in the pocket all day.

Kind of like what happened to us in 2009.[/quote]They probably would take best DT available at 32 I imagine.

[quote user="TheEnigma"]I'm not buying this at all but Osi, Dumervil, and Miller would make a sick pass rush.[/quote]

I feel like Ayers is just starting to feel comfortable. Would be a strange move for Denver

[quote user="TheEnigma"]I'm not buying this at all but Osi, Dumervil, and Miller would make a sick pass rush.[/quote] I don't think so... Osi and Dumervill are to tiny.. They need a bigger end, then those 2...

+ Reply to Thread