+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We really do need to address the TE position. All mocks say we will. Who are you hoping for?

We really do need to address the TE position. All mocks say we will. Who are you hoping for?

I'm not bashing any of our TE's, but none of them have that speed down field like Shockey did. I remember the game Shockey ran over someone in the secondary in the Hall of Fame game. Shockey was one of my favorites, but I feel like we're back to the old Howard Cross era where we have TE's who can block, but have no speed or ability to break tackles or juke.

Most mocks I've seen have us picking Fleener, which I don't mind, but then some say the Texans will get him. Not like it's a reach, as they're only a few slots in front of us and we could probably work a trade.

I really don't see the point in getting an OL or a DE like some of the other mocks have us getting. If we really get a DE in the first round, I'll be pissed. You don't need to get a DE in the first round when the D-line is one of the one of the most deepest positions in this draft this year. Get someone in a later round who can be used to alternate at the DE position.

Like I said though, I think TE is the biggest position that needs to be looked at. I don't think this year we need to just pick who is the best player at that spot. Osi obviously doesn't want to be a Giant, and no one has made any contract talks, so possibly trade him to make sure we get a TE, maybe even Martin in the second round. Martin reminds me a lot of Bradshaw though.

Who do you guys hope we pick in the first round? Just one, don't give a list of five.

Re: We really do need to address the TE position. All mocks say we will. Who are you hoping for?

I say wait till the six round and grab Egnew from Missouri we don't need a top TE. We have good TE's on the team already and maybe the best blocking TE in the NFL Bennett.

Re: We really do need to address the TE position. All mocks say we will. Who are you hoping for?

Stephen Hill
    Devon Still
    Lamar Miller

I pray Dwayne Allen slips to us at the bottom of round 2! He will be a beast. If he is not there- then we can wait til possibly 4th and get Egnew out of Missouri- he would also be good with a little Pope coaching.

[quote user="NewYorkSwagg"]I say wait till the six round and grab Egnew from Missouri we don't need a top TE. We have good TE's on the team already and maybe the best blocking TE in the NFL Bennett.[/quote]

What good TEs?

Ballard is out for the season.

Beckum has been an underachiever.

Bennett has been a huge disappointment as a receiver.

Who else? Pascoe? Hes started 23 games for the Giants and has a total of 22 catches.

We will probably draft best available rather than need, That's Reeses MO, but I would like to see us draft Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor. Kids got tremendous speed as a PR/KR and could really stretch the defense

I only see them drafting a TE high if there's real value there.

Besides, it seems Eli would much rather throw to his third receiver in the middle of the field than the TE. It's at best the 4th receiving option in the offense.

An OL is a much bigger need than a TE IMO, especially when two of the biggest areas for the offense to improve upon is the running game and ensuring that Eli is protected.

All Hail The New York Giants!!

I totally agree I would love that pick that guy is amazing on the field.

I'm a Dwayne Allen guy, personally, as many know.. I do like Fleener as well, but allen is the guy i'm hoping for.. I do like the top 4guys at the positon though, and think all 4will have a solid NFL career.. My top 4would go like this

1. Dwayne Allen

2. Coby Fleener

3. Ladarious Green

4. Orson Charles

Bench Player

we don't need a insanely athletic play making TE, we have that with bennet.

if a TE is really needed, we can just pick up somebody late that has some size and eli will make him look like a first rounder with the matchups he will see.

+ Reply to Thread