+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We really do need to address the TE position. All mocks say we will. Who are you hoping for?

Re: We really do need to address the TE position. All mocks say we will. Who are you hoping for?

I know you liked Shockey but exactly how many championships did he bring us? I love Shocks too. I'm a huge fan of the U. Still he was a whiner.
    In the tough times we find out who we are...that's why I know VC will be back better than ever in 2015. #80 NYG4life!

Re: We really do need to address the TE position. All mocks say we will. Who are you hoping for?

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]

*I'm a Dwayne Allen guy, personally, as many know.. I do like Fleener as well, but allen is the guy i'm hoping for.. I do like the top 4guys at the positon though, and think all 4will have a solid NFL career.. My top 4would go like this

1. Dwayne Allen

2. Coby Fleener

3. Ladarious Green

4. Orson Charles

[/quote]Allen is my favorite TE too...for us that is.

I never like drafting TEs in the first because we don't utilize ours enough in the pass game to warrant drafting one early imo. I would like us to pick up a big bodied blocking TE late in the draft though.

i think gmen trade down and get an xtra pick from colts who def want fleener..then trade up in 2nd rd to get thr te they want in allen

For years, the Giants havent featured the TE.
    Bavaro and Shockey
    We have used adequate level TEs as receivers effectively. With that, i feel that Yes we need another healthy TE, but we dont need to take one in round 1.

Relax. I'm sure the Giants can get a good TE in round 4!!!!

Veteran

Not all mocks. When it comes to the Giants draft, I pay attention to the beat writers.

Neither RV nor Mike Garafolo think Coby Fleener is even a chance

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="NewYorkSwagg"]I say wait till the six round and grab Egnew from Missouri we don't need a top TE. We have good TE's on the team already and maybe the best blocking TE in the NFL Bennett.[/quote]

What good TEs?*

Ballard is out for the season.

Beckum has been an underachiever.

Bennett has been a huge disappointment as a receiver.

Who else?* Pascoe?* Hes started 23 games for the Giants and has a total of 22 catches.

[/quote] I love your posts LOL

[quote user="Desepx"]we don't need a insanely athletic play making TE, we have that with bennet.

if a TE is really needed, we can just pick up somebody late that has some size and eli will make him look like a first rounder with the matchups he will see.
    [/quote] Only 4 tds in four seasons for Bennet..

[quote user="B&RWarrior"]I know you liked Shockey but exactly how many championships did he bring us?* I love Shocks too.* I'm a huge fan of the U.** Still he was a whiner.[/quote] I was a fan before he became a head case

thought we were going Fleener for sure after Martin went off the board

+ Reply to Thread